jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. Sadly that's behind a paywall but appreciate the link.

It just seems that all of the accidents reported here have been rear enders. Makes me wonder if the Maverick is hard to see when stopped. Though maybe if the Maverick was the one doing the rear -ending it wouldn't get posted. :)
Rear-end crashes are the most common. And many other crashes have been shared on here, including OP here (this isn't a rear-end, if anything, they clipped the corner while trying to avoid a rear-end crash too late, it's more of a side-swipe).

There have even been threads of Mavericks hitting other vehicles, whether it was the Maverick driver's fault or not. One since-deleted thread showed a Maverick being driven full-speed (by which I mean well in excess of the legal limit) into the back of a slow moving vehicle in a busy, questionable stretch of road.. Incriminating dash cam video and all!

Per NHTSA:

Rear-end crashes are the most frequently occurring type of collision, accounting for approximately 29 percent of all crashes and resulting in a substantial number of injuries and fatalities each year.
https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.g...hes20and20near-crashes20dot20hs2081020846.pdf
Sponsored

Grozk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz, Cayman, Mroadster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
distracted drivers-and by that I mean too busy being occupied by their electronic device! I think that all rear-end collision investigations should include review of cell-phone logs of the at-fault driver.

Mikew555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a weather guard bump step. It wouldn't help in your accident but a minor rear end I think you're protected. Where I live there's Always rear end... Just a bit of insurance! Check it out... I'd be devastated also.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
distracted drivers-and by that I mean too busy being occupied by their electronic device! I think that all rear-end collision investigations should include review of cell-phone logs of the at-fault driver.
I got rear ended in my F 150 a month before I traded it in for the Mav. The woman's car was totaled, said she just got out of the hospital. The IV Stent still in her arm. She said she was on her phone. Felt bad for her. Cops gave her 2 tickets. Agree that cell phones are the main culprit. But going to touch screens on card don't help.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Aw c'mon @Salty goat , that'll buff right out! Hehehe... 😉

Seriously, hope it isn't totalled.

Sponsored

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This sucks dude. I hope it's repairable and back to normal very soon like it never happened.

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I find myself leaving extra room now, especially in heavy traffic, just so I have an option to hopefully get out of the way when someone is flying up behind me.

Nobody Hurt is the important thing.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe because the Maverick is smaller than most trucks, people think its farther away and hit the brakes too late.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe because the Maverick is smaller than most trucks, people think its farther away and hit the brakes too late.
Maybe it's just selection bias.

🤷

Sponsored

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seeing posts like this made me install a tailgate lightbar and hitch receiver light and high mount 3rd brake light that are super bright and flash when pressing the brake pedal along with a rear view dash cam…

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seeing posts like this made me install a tailgate lightbar and hitch receiver light and high mount 3rd brake light that are super bright and flash when pressing the brake pedal along with a rear view dash cam…
I hear that but thinking a flashing light might be a bit much but did order the Lasfit 3rd brake light upgrade.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't give you a like. Nothing to like about that.

I had almost the same thing happen 3 or 4 days ago. I was almost to my work place. I was doing a right turn at a green light. A full size pickup just had to pass a car a couple car lengths behind me on my left. They just had to make that light , and couldn't wait for me to make my turn on green.

I doubt they missed my back left corner by more than a couple feet. I can only imagine the car behind and to my left had a close call too.

To all you maverick owners, don't be that guy.
It's a dangerous world. I was parked the other day and a lady in a big SUV swung her way into the parking spot next to me. Came so close to clipping my mav I couldn't see space between her car and mine as she pulled in. She just got out and went into the store like nothing happened. I doubt she even noticed.
Sponsored