First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I decided to cut a strip of innertube 8 inches long and nailed it under the end and over the top of the end. Did that to both sides. That puts rubber between the end of the board and the bed metal. No rattle anymore.
I thought about something like that, or maybe getting a horse stall mat as a bedmat and using a cutoff from that. I'm happy with how my solution worked out but it's certainly overly complicated.

Might make something taller with hooks or holes for bungees but I'll try this out first, might not be necessary.
Sponsored

Tanker64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux 360 SIBL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Notched 2X8 (might be 2x10) with hooks on this side and tie-down rings on the back. Used some leftover pipe insulation on the bottom and ends to eliminate rattle. Hooks double as handles to remove/insert.

OP
OP
Dean S

Dean S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Notched 2X8 (might be 2x10) with hooks on this side and tie-down rings on the back. Used some leftover pipe insulation on the bottom and ends to eliminate rattle. Hooks double as handles to remove/insert.
Looks good, I am thinking of something similar if I find I want more height. Do the hooks work out to be high enough for grocery bags?

Nice idea on the pipe insulation.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just added the .step file to the original post. I based the dimensions on a piece of pressure treated decking that's been drying in my garage for a year or so so a fresh wet piece might be too tight.
Thank you for .step instead of .stl. Much easier to modify to fit our lumber choices a solid object than a mesh object. I plan on semi-permanently leaving a tall divider in the front of the bed (the slots closest to the cabin) to store tarps and other such items.

Do you have this up on Printables or a similar site?

Sponsored

Tanker64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux 360 SIBL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks good, I am thinking of something similar if I find I want more height. Do the hooks work out to be high enough for grocery bags?

Nice idea on the pipe insulation.
I would move the hooks higher after having them awhile. They are adequate at best at that height.
I went out and measured. It was originally a 2x10 that I ripped down to 9”. The notches were necessary to enable the divider to rotate in/out of the channel. I would not recommend going over 9” in height.
I do find the tie down hooks on the back of the board extremely useful when hauling small items.

OP
OP
Dean S

Dean S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had been debating on what to do for a bedmat to keep things from sliding around on the SIBL and decided to goo with a tractor supply horse stall mat. Heavy and smelly but should hold up to anything. I mention this because the cutoffs seem like they would be perfect to add to the ends of a bed divider for a tighter no rattle fit.

Ford Maverick My DIY bed divider that doesn't rattle around PXL_20240316_205537973

Funfishhunter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick LXT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much if we would like to buy them?

Sponsored

CD_SM

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6 '06
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Real nice! I wish I had a printer to make those...........................................................
You might check with your local library. At least here in the San Diego area, most libraries have 1 or 2 printers. I printed a FITS 1-L Nalgene water bottle holder at mine.