First Name
Janice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good day. I have had a hybrid on order since last october, build date this month, very excited! Im wondering if anyone has feedback on whether i should expect a price bump over agreement when i go to take delivery? Thanks for your input.
Sponsored

RobertD

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT FX4 - 4K - 360; 23 F150 KR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have an upfront written agreement from the dealer detailing all costs and fees than there should not be any surprises.

If not, then the dealer can do whatever they want with the price and you can either buy it or walk away. If you have a honest dealer they will charge MSRP, If you dealer is unscrupulous then expect the worst.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The biggest surprise you may see is the $500 price increase that was earlier this year. Your dealer is supposed to honor the original price (assuming you have a signed copy of the original) and Ford will reimburse the dealer. It's up to the dealer to honor it though so you may end up paying it if they don't.

hdave

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Alto Blue Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw they had add tire protection package and etching.
I asked and they removed both with no hassle.

OP
OP

MasterWilley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Janice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your feedback. I do have a salesperson signed agreement. They have been decent in the past but just hearing so many stories, didn't know if it was applying to canada side. The initial purchase process seemed to be mystifying to them.

Sponsored

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hasn't really seemed to be an issue here in the land of the free, for custom orders at least.

Joe Mac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 F250 Super Duty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I paid MSRP no add on's
All they asked me is if I wanted an ESP plan

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depends on your dealer, I received 500 off the truck, and 750 bonus I split with my referrer, and it was all MSRP with low dealer fee @ 500.

DannyUncanny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just bought an XL. MSRP was $34520 including trifold tonneau and 2095 destination fee.

Final out the door price was just over 40k after 12% sales tax $700 documentation fee, $700 brokerage fee, $100 lien fee, and some tire recycling fee. I probably would have tried to argue over some of the after MSRP fees, but I know they would have no trouble selling this vehicle to the next buyer.

OP
OP

MasterWilley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Janice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Happy to report that I received my 2023 Maverick with no additional charges. We did have to sign many forms agreeing to not resale the vehicle for a period of time, which seemed very odd. After waiting a year there is no chance of resale! I adore the vehicle:)

Sponsored

RSM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2012 Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi,

I paid MSRP (in ON). No unwanted dealer extras. I did purchase a maintenance plan, at a discount, no pressure from the dealer to purchase this. Over the 5 year plan I will save money of oil changes, filters, brakes etc. My Maverick will be going in soon for it's 1st oil change and the tires changed over to my winter X-Ice

DannyUncanny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi,

I paid MSRP (in ON). No unwanted dealer extras. I did purchase a maintenance plan, at a discount, no pressure from the dealer to purchase this. Over the 5 year plan I will save money of oil changes, filters, brakes etc. My Maverick will be going in soon for it's 1st oil change and the tires changed over to my winter X-Ice
What was your out the door amount incl tax and how much is tax in Ontario?

SKurj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 mx-5, 23 XL eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i ordered in november 2022, it arrived this week. i am paying more or less what was agreed upon back when i ordered it (msrp) though i did not put down a deposit. ford credit honoured the interest rate from when i ordered as well. quite pleased with the way it worked out. great dealer, no hassles, no pressure.
Sponsored