Anyone in Canada getting under MSRP?

Zac

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
I understand these are tough to even get. Anyone negotiating the price down? If so what percentage off MSRP were you able to get? Maybe you paid more than MSRP? Trying to strategize my negotiation as I'm in no rush to get one but leaning towards an order.

Looking to order a Lariat, tow package, luxury package, and off road package. Fully loaded.

Vancouver area so alot of dealership choices. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Sponsored

Rickydragon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Eco AWD Lux Pack 4K Tow Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes I got mine for $500 below MSRP.

Reactions: Zac

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I was able to get it 600 under MSRP with 750 referral going to my friend, which we are splitting.

Total of 975 isn't bad - however, the dealer fees were 499 or something if I recall, so it's all a wash haha.

My second mav is 200 discount with 399 dealer fee.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
however, the dealer fees were 499 or something if I recall, so it's all a wash haha.
Dealer fees? Don't you have all-in pricing in Alberta? My dealer in Québec tried to slip in a protection plus package which is essentially pre-paying maintenance, but I declined. It was $499. Apart from that, zero admin fees.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer fees? Don't you have all-in pricing in Alberta? My dealer in Québec tried to slip in a protection plus package which is essentially pre-paying maintenance, but I declined. It was $499. Apart from that, zero admin fees.
Yes, we have all in pricing. The advertised pricing needs to include everything (markups, fees, etc) and just be + GST.

One dealer 3 hours away from me had a Lariat online for 41, called in, it was actually 48. Unreal.

The two dealers I have orders with both were AMVIC compliant.

Sponsored

jst2bd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
I used unhaggle, only got MSRP for the base XL but no admin fees so I'm happy.

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid and 12 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could've if a certain someone didn't renege on their military discount, but hey. I'm not bitter. I settled for MSRP and a slight reduction in the dealer fee*.

*From another dealership across town.

Last edited:

Ronbye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got MSRP, Dealer wouldn't budged on reducing price.

OP
OP

Zac

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
@snowcatxx87 - Awesome info - how did you get the friend referral? Specific to a dealership?

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@snowcatxx87 - Awesome info - how did you get the friend referral? Specific to a dealership?
Yes, my friend has bought a few fords from there and they have a referral program.

Sponsored

TdotMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP

Zac

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Update from OP -

Put my order in yesterday with Kelowna Ford. They received additional build slots (or so they say) and went under MSRP promising delivery on or before August 31, 2022.

I ordered a Lariot with Luxury package, Tow package, and off road package. Negotiated throw in splash guards and all weather mats. We'll see if they can actually deliver on time, will update. Don't have a vin yet.

The way I got under MSRP was by being very up front and e-mailing a bunch of dealerships with my specs and insisting on their best out the door price to compete for my business. No one was adding more to MSRP than the $400-$600 dealership fee that alot of them ask for. A few went under MSRP and no dealership fee (shows you it's another money grab), and I worked from there to what I felt was a good deal.

We'll see how it all plays out but I didn't have to leave my living room to get under MSRP. Don't let some of these crooks rip you off.

Last edited:

ScorpioST

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck, 5 months turn around would be amazing. I ordered a hybrid into the lower mainland a couple weeks ago, probably going to be a long wait. I had an Okanagan dealer offer a bit under msrp also, but all the driving, time and gas , I couldn’t be bothered

OP
OP

Zac

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Good luck, 5 months turn around would be amazing. I ordered a hybrid into the lower mainland a couple weeks ago, probably going to be a long wait. I had an Okanagan dealer offer a bit under msrp also, but all the driving, time and gas , I couldn’t be bothered
Thanks, and I get that. I'll be in the Okanagan all summer anyway. That's the only reason I considered it. If it goes past August 31 as promised, I may pull out. The dealer was pretty insistent that we should have and I'm hoping it works out.
Sponsored