Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered my hybrid in June still nothing. Decided to order another one (EB AWD) last week through Granger. We’ll see which one shows up first.
Sponsored

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome aboard, Scott! Nice ride!
Thanks !! Hoping to put together a local gathering. I never thought I'd "switch" from a carbureted V8 83 Monte Carlo SS to a Hybrid Ford Maverick but here I am :)

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
just read Michigan wants to revive this 1965 plate. This will look great with my cyber orange maverick.
1638495164631.png
I was hoping I could put this on my new truck, but since I won't get it by the time I had to renew, it will have to go on my leased escape until I get my Cyber Orange truck. This plate will look awesome on my truck. Since my Escape is blue too it'll look good there too for a bit.

Ordered it today.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks !! Hoping to put together a local gathering. I never thought I'd "switch" from a carbureted V8 83 Monte Carlo SS to a Hybrid Ford Maverick but here I am :)
Pinckney?
When in Michigan over by Shehan and Mc Gregor
Riverside pizza the best !

Sponsored

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was hoping I could put this on my new truck, but since I won't get it by the time I had to renew, it will have to go on my leased escape until I get my Cyber Orange truck. This plate will look awesome on my truck. Since my Escape is blue too it'll look good there too for a bit.

Ordered it today.
It matches well on my Alto Blue Maverick...cheers to those in T.C.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
After saying I wasn't going to do it, I jumped ship and bought a different car. I ended up buy an Escape Titanium. I didn't need a truck and the Escape has enough cargo room. I'm still considering the Maverick as I got the Escape at Z plan pricing and can still possibly break even. I like the additional features it has vs the utility of a bed of the Maverick. If I get a build date on the Maverick and decide to pass, I'll post the details here.

On a side note, I bought the Escape at Suburban Ford of Sterling Heights and they tried to pull a fast one and charge what I believe to be an ADM. I played hardball and got the ADM taken off but not a good experience and I bought two cars from them before.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After saying I wasn't going to do it, I jumped ship and bought a different car. I ended up buy an Escape Titanium. I didn't need a truck and the Escape has enough cargo room. I'm still considering the Maverick as I got the Escape at Z plan pricing and can still possibly break even. I like the additional features it has vs the utility of a bed of the Maverick. If I get a build date on the Maverick and decide to pass, I'll post the details here.

On a side note, I bought the Escape at Suburban Ford of Sterling Heights and they tried to pull a fast one and charge what I believe to be an ADM. I played hardball and got the ADM taken off but not a good experience and I bought two cars from them before.
You'll love the Escape. I've had two. Is it a hybrid?

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went with the 2.0 Ecoboost same as the Maverick build. I'm digging the sport mode and wish it had paddle shifters.
I have the Eco now. SEL, but I still love it. I probably would have purchased my 3rd, but saw the Maverick and really wanted another small truck.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Whoa whoa whoa, they agreed to take Z-Plan, they took your PIN, and still tried to charge you more than the Z-Plan price on that unit + no more than a $75 doc fee? Because once you mention Z-Plan and they agree to accept it, the price is fixed and they can't charge you a penny more.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Whoa whoa whoa, they agreed to take Z-Plan, they took your PIN, and still tried to charge you more than the Z-Plan price on that unit + no more than a $75 doc fee? Because once you mention Z-Plan and they agree to accept it, the price is fixed and they can't charge you a penny more.
I was on their website on Tuesday night and saw the Escape. They have this sort of web checkout almost like Amazon. I started checking out and it gave me a checklist. They asked if I had A/Z plan and checked that and it gave me a price. I crossed checked it with the employee portal and verified the state fees and taxes and everything checked out.

Next morning a salesman calls me says it just arrived that day (it was listed in transit on the website). I decided to look at it and we discussed financing. He said he could check and see with other lenders of beating Ford's 2.9%. He said doing a credit app would also hold the car. I decided to do the app and made an appointment for 5 to look at it.

Arrive at 5 and see it sitting up front ready to go. Meet the salesman and he says good news I was approved for 1.9%. We walk around the car, I tell him about the Maverick on order, and I take it for a drive. I like it and decide to buy it. I figured this was basically the checkout and I would be given the sheet from the internet, get the pin, and go to the finance room. We go into his office and he presents me with the price sheet. I notice it was a lot more than I expected. I look at it and there is $3,500 in aftermarket installed option. I'm like what is this? He looks at and looks on his screen and is like that paint protection, interior protection and basically rainx on the windshield. I'm like I don't want any of this and nowhere was that disclosed. I said it wasn't on the website. He looks and verifies that it wasn't on the website and is like let me talk to the manager.

Manager walks in and hands me his card. I put it in my pocket. He then proceeds to tell me the benefits of the products and I'm like I don't care I don't want them. I was like they were never disclosed to me before coming here. If I had known, I wouldn't have come here. He's like they are already on the car and we can't take them off. He begins to offer them at a discount. I'm not paying more than zero for them. He says he can't not charge for them so I got up and said I'll just wait for my Maverick. As I'm walking out, I realize I still have his card in my pocket. I'm like I'm not going to buy this car or talk to this guy so I threw the card in his direction on the desk and left.

I make it to my car and start the engine and the salesman is knocking on my window. This is the good cop/bad cop routine. He's like I didn't like how that went down in there, I'm so sorry, I didn't realize these things were added, etc. I let him know I was a serious buyer and even showed him the plate I brought in case I bought it. He's like let me talk to the general manager and I'll call you first thing in the morning. We will still hold the car.

As soon as I arrive home I get a call from the salesman. He said they will not charge for any of the add on protections but I won't get a warranty on them. That's fine as I don't think they actually put them on anyways. He tells me what he needs and sends me the price doc which checks out. At that point is when I generate the pin. I went back the next day and bought.

For some reason I thought Ford capped doc fees at $275. Michigan caps them at $230 which is what I paid. Reading the plan closer it looks the doc fees should have been $75. I'll have to contact them. I guess at worse I was swindled out of $155 and not $3,500. Those whole aftermarket accessories were just a backhanded way to add an ADM.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was on their website on Tuesday night and saw the Escape. They have this sort of web checkout almost like Amazon. I started checking out and it gave me a checklist. They asked if I had A/Z plan and checked that and it gave me a price. I crossed checked it with the employee portal and verified the state fees and taxes and everything checked out.

Next morning a salesman calls me says it just arrived that day (it was listed in transit on the website). I decided to look at it and we discussed financing. He said he could check and see with other lenders of beating Ford's 2.9%. He said doing a credit app would also hold the car. I decided to do the app and made an appointment for 5 to look at it.

Arrive at 5 and see it sitting up front ready to go. Meet the salesman and he says good news I was approved for 1.9%. We walk around the car, I tell him about the Maverick on order, and I take it for a drive. I like it and decide to buy it. I figured this was basically the checkout and I would be given the sheet from the internet, get the pin, and go to the finance room. We go into his office and he presents me with the price sheet. I notice it was a lot more than I expected. I look at it and there is $3,500 in aftermarket installed option. I'm like what is this? He looks at and looks on his screen and is like that paint protection, interior protection and basically rainx on the windshield. I'm like I don't want any of this and nowhere was that disclosed. I said it wasn't on the website. He looks and verifies that it wasn't on the website and is like let me talk to the manager.

Manager walks in and hands me his card. I put it in my pocket. He then proceeds to tell me the benefits of the products and I'm like I don't care I don't want them. I was like they were never disclosed to me before coming here. If I had known, I wouldn't have come here. He's like they are already on the car and we can't take them off. He begins to offer them at a discount. I'm not paying more than zero for them. He says he can't not charge for them so I got up and said I'll just wait for my Maverick. As I'm walking out, I realize I still have his card in my pocket. I'm like I'm not going to buy this car or talk to this guy so I threw the card in his direction on the desk and left.

I make it to my car and start the engine and the salesman is knocking on my window. This is the good cop/bad cop routine. He's like I didn't like how that went down in there, I'm so sorry, I didn't realize these things were added, etc. I let him know I was a serious buyer and even showed him the plate I brought in case I bought it. He's like let me talk to the general manager and I'll call you first thing in the morning. We will still hold the car.

As soon as I arrive home I get a call from the salesman. He said they will not charge for any of the add on protections but I won't get a warranty on them. That's fine as I don't think they actually put them on anyways. He tells me what he needs and sends me the price doc which checks out. At that point is when I generate the pin. I went back the next day and bought.

For some reason I thought Ford capped doc fees at $275. Michigan caps them at $230 which is what I paid. Reading the plan closer it looks the doc fees should have been $75. I'll have to contact them. I guess at worse I was swindled out of $155 and not $3,500. Those whole aftermarket accessories were just a backhanded way to add an ADM.
Yikes. Glad you caught that, and yep, A/Z Plans cap doc fees at $75, they aren't allowed to charge you a penny more so they owe you the difference there.

I have an Escape on order with another dealer in town, it's a hybrid so it's going probably going to be a while, since the hybrid is constrained just like Maverick. The Escape is to replace my Focus someone totaled so I can't really wait until summer.

The same dealer had a Bronco Sport listed online a little while after that, Ford's order tracker showed it had come in the Saturday before (it was Tuesday). Reached out and confirmed they'd take A-Plan on it, and my salesman agreed without hesitation. F&I guy barely asked about their warranties and all that stuff, I politely said I didn't want to add anything, and that was that.

I had outside financing set up, so they sent over a purchase order for the credit union to finalize the loan. Looked it over and the pricing matched what was shown on their website, matched the AZ pricing. The one thing they did add was like $60 for the wheel locks. Sure, I could've bought them for like half and done it myself but I'm not gonna worry about that. It was surprisingly painless, given the dealers pulling stuff like yours did.

Then there are dealers like the chain claiming to have "The Family Deal" that wants ADMs (not add-ons, straight ADMs) of up to $6k or more on an Escape. Is that how they treat family?

And then there's this: https://www.wxyz.com/news/man-stunn...-for-yukon-weeks-before-possession-or-lose-it

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
They accepted a personal check for the down payment. It hasn't cleared yet so I suppose I could put a stop payment on it until they refund me the $155 they owe me.
Sponsored