First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to order one of those new Michigan plates and the website appears to be down. Guess I will need to try again later. I really don't want to go in person. If worse comes to worse I'll just renew at a self service station and keep the old white plate.
Make sure you actually get the right style plate. I thought everything was fine until I received the same style I had. They don't do refunds or do overs. I had to shell out more money to get it corrected. I'm waiting to see if I did it right the second time.
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD πŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Make sure you actually get the right style plate. I thought everything was fine until I received the same style I had. They don't do refunds or do overs. I had to shell out more money to get it corrected. I'm waiting to see if I did it right the second time.
And prepared for it to take a few weeks to get the new plate. Usually I get new tags pretty quick by mail (online renewal), but this year a renewal + new plate took right about 3 weeks to receive. Did get the new WW Wonderland plate I ordered. :)

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And prepared for it to take a few weeks to get the new plate. Usually I get new tags pretty quick by mail (online renewal), but this year a renewal + new plate took right about 3 weeks to receive. Did get the new WW Wonderland plate I ordered. :)
Yes. I thought it would match my new truck better. Fingers crossed that I ordered correctly this time.

davew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, Accord, Super Seven
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in South Lyon. Ordered from Brighton Ford on 10/8. Brigthton Ford actually had a customers Maverick on the lot when I order my XLT/lux. But very little else of any other truck inventory. They have been good about E-mail contact, relative to build status up-dates.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. I thought it would match my new truck better. Fingers crossed that I ordered correctly this time.
I received it today, not my truck but my new plate. It will look great on my truck, but for now, it looks great on my Escape.

Sponsored

FleetBacon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got mine from village ford in dearborn last week. Waited almost a year, although I changed my order back in october from hybrid to ecoboost and in retrospect that may have been a bad move lol.

Otherwise very happy, I wanna get one of the retro license plates too I think it will look good on the cactus grey.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got mine from village ford in dearborn last week. Waited almost a year, although I changed my order back in october from hybrid to ecoboost and in retrospect that may have been a bad move lol.

Otherwise very happy, I wanna get one of the retro license plates too I think it will look good on the cactus grey.
I like the look of the retro. I'm old enough to remember when it wasn't retro.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I ordered my retro plate the end of March. Haven't received it yet but my tags are expiring soon. Do we have until the end of the month?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD πŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my retro plate the end of March. Haven't received it yet but my tags are expiring soon. Do we have until the end of the month?
My experience was that it took ~3 weeks to receive the plate. Expiry date is your birthday*, not the end of the month. But you do have a 30-day grace period, so you've met your obligation to renew before then, so long as you have the updated registration on you.

Since the paper copy is in the mail with plate + tag, you may want to go back to Express SOS and print off a duplicate registration. Just in case. There's no charge and it just gives you a PDF of the registration, with the updated plate #, that you can print at home.

Source: https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-96435_15248-175999--,00.html

* NOTE: The Michigan Vehicle Code now provides a 30-day grace period to affix a license plate tab when a license plate is renewed (MCL 257.255). Be sure to carry proof of your renewed registration in the vehicle – either a paper copy or an electronic copy on a smart phone, tablet, or other device.
* Technically it's the birthday of the first person who registered the vehicle if transferred within family, so for instance, a parent transferring a vehicle to a child's name, keeps the parent's birthday for expiry.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well, don't have to worry about the plate. It arrived today. Ordered o March 24th and arrived today. Just under two weeks.

Sponsored

ccubedzx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Cactus Grey XLT/FX4/4KT/CP360
Anyone here take their Velocity Blue FX4 to the Lakeville Boat Access yesterday (4/26). Truck looked great, and it appeared to have a 18' or so boat trailer attached. Just wondering how good it does putting a boat in/out of the water? Nice truck!

Gunny Buck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat AWD Fx4 Luxury
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck is in production. Window sticker not ready yet.:cool:
Got window sticker today 5/4/22
Ford Maverick Michigan roll call! in production

Last edited:

maningr

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Envoy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine got the "Shipped" notification yesterday. Expecting 5/27 to 6/2. 8 months.... (Ordered 10/9/21)

harj2022

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Grand Rapids - Keller Ford. Ordered XLT, Area 51, LUX, CP360, 2.0 AWD. Ordered 8/30 - build date of 5/12. Started with build date of 5/7 then 5/9 then 5/10, now 5/12. Hope to have by 6/15.

5/18 now updated that it is built and mods are on. Hope to see it shipping soon.

Last edited:

xSWMIx

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lawton, MI. Ordered early last July, just got the call today that it's at Tapper Ford in Paw Paw!!! Heading there Wednesday to marry it forever.
Sponsored