First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm guessing when it's updated to "in production" that it's in the queue for parts and pieces to start coming together to one day soon become an actual motor vehicle.
Sponsored

Bburg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When do we get the order number? Mine was ordered on 8/27.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand that- but was told the dealer would call when they new anything. I am under the assumption that they know nothing yet. I am in no great hurry, but both the dealers in my area have been clueless so far.
I guess I don't understand the problem then. You know you don't actually have an order placed, but you are relying on a dealer that is lame to get the process moving- and you're in no great hurry. Sounds like you are exactly where you should be given the circumstances :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: TCK

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your dealer creates a 4 digit/character code that is your order number. If they submitted it to Ford, they would have it (And should give it to you if you ask...assuming they are worth their salt).

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What pxpaulx said above. Plus you should have it on the paperwork the dealer provided you copies of when you ordered. AKA the DORA.

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if this is an elephant in the room or not... have official EPA numbers been released for either engine?

Goldrush72

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Mach1 18 Ecosport 08 Sebring
How fast does the dealer usually respond after a reservation? Never seen anything like this. Told my local dealer I was willing to give them money and they have not responded since 6/30- still a lowly reservation
You may not have a legit order. Dealer may play it dumb th
I understand that- but was told the dealer would call when they new anything. I am under the assumption that they know nothing yet. I am in no great hurry, but both the dealers in my area have been clueless so far.
With the delays between order and build scheduling you're in for a long wait. Dealer is possibly thinking they can make a big markup or they just are clueless. You need to find a new dealer that is famialiar with the order process. Once they place an order grt a copy of the DORA it will have all order codes and a total itemized price. Then you csn call Ford customer service to verify.

405MAV

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 1929 Model AA 1929 Tudor Jeep Tacoma GX4
Sweet
Did your original date stay the same or move up
Well, now when I go back and look at it, the headline has changed back to “confirmed” rather than in production!

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish I knew how far down the list I am. Ordered on 4th of July change my order a few times 😢

Ahab

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sigh. I just have to accept the fact that I will not get my Maverick this year. Hybrid with spray in bed liner. 😔
Strongly recommend you call the dealer and cancel the spray in liner ASAP, if it was added as an accesory. The spray in liner will absolutely bump your order down by likely months. Actually, the spray liner, mudflaps, and a few other accesories have been red-lined by Mexico. Your delaer has the list of problem accesories. Spray in liners are at the top. You can always easily add these after you get the vehicle. I cancelled my liner and flaps when I found out. Now, like the rest of us, I'm waiting. Lariat, alto blue, 360 package only (#500 package, I think). And, once I get a date, I'll make arrangements with the dealer to buy the flaps in advance, so they are there, waiting, when the truck arrives, and the dealer will add them. The liner I'll do with a local LineX dealer, for a better price and warranty.

Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish I knew how far down the list I am. Ordered on 4th of July change my order a few times 😢
There are other factors besides your order date. The biggest one besides supply constraints is your dealer allocations.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess I don't understand the problem then. You know you don't actually have an order placed, but you are relying on a dealer that is lame to get the process moving- and you're in no great hurry. Sounds like you are exactly where you should be given the circumstances :ROFLMAO:
Yes- it seems my dealer is a lame duck. I made a few calls to others yesterday, but I am after a hybrid which seems to be up in the air right now. Just never known a dealer not to fall all over themselves to make a sale.

atatum1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Dealer called me 2 weeks ago and said if I remove bug guard it would not be held up. So if you have bug guard option you might be held up.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes- it seems my dealer is a lame duck. I made a few calls to others yesterday, but I am after a hybrid which seems to be up in the air right now. Just never known a dealer not to fall all over themselves to make a sale.
well, at least your sales representative is- maybe not the whole dealership. I can see why some sales people would rather try and sell an F-150, Edge or Escape on the lot and get their commission sooner rather than later with a Maverick months away from delivery. I think we're all pretty much in agreement the Hybrid especially is the lowest margin seller of the trio- maybe even a loss leader product- so there's probably little incentive to prioritize effort on those. I could be wrong tho...

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm guessing when it's updated to "in production" that it's in the queue for parts and pieces to start coming together to one day soon become an actual motor vehicle.
I think the parts queue is called "Blend" and when that's complete the build process starts
Sponsored