Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you own one great. Lots of people own only enclosed vehicles, but need a truck for a quick errand. Need to pick up some landscape material and only own a car? Bam, easier to drive for someone used to small vehicles than a full size. Makes a ton of sense.
The bed is very small. Iā€™ve been hauling stuff lately, and am considering renting a full-size truck. Would save some trips. Using a Maverick for hauling is a foolā€™s errand.
Sponsored

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Time to "rent one" buy the extra insurance and claim it as stolen then repaint. Boom cheap maverick and with a new paint job still cheaper then the markups LOL
This feels like a movie I've seen, sadly thing in real life are rarely as easy as the movies.

I'm sure people have tried exactly that. I wonder if any actually pulled it off, assuming that any tracking hardware was removed?

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Within the last couple of weeks I have seen more Mavericks than ever. Up until the last month I had only seen about 4 different ones in the wild. In the last 2 weeks I have seen another probably 8 or so and the funny thing is 4 of them were fleet vehicles for different companies.

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Within the last couple of weeks I have seen more Mavericks than ever. Up until the last month I had only seen about 4 different ones in the wild. In the last 2 weeks I have seen another probably 8 or so and the funny thing is 4 of them were fleet vehicles for different companies.
Over 110k have been built, so you're bound to start seeing them more often. Only problem is none of the ones Iā€˜ve seen is mine!

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Over 110k have been built, so you're bound to start seeing them more often. Only problem is none of the ones Iā€˜ve seen is mine!
Obviously, just the contrast within the last couple of weeks. I had seen more Santa Cruz's around up until that point. But more than anything the fact that half were fleet trucks caught my attention.... like this guy out in a field. :)

Ford Maverick Mavericks now for rent at U-Haul Maverick

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bed is very small. Iā€™ve been hauling stuff lately, and am considering renting a full-size truck. Would save some trips. Using a Maverick for hauling is a foolā€™s errand.
It all depends on how you use it. I can still haul sheets of plywood and 10ā€™ lumber, as well as tow my utility trailer with my 4 wheeler. Thatā€™s all I need.

Ford Maverick Mavericks now for rent at U-Haul E9BDE24E-9012-44AE-A805-6771EACF4484

Ford Maverick Mavericks now for rent at U-Haul 2FCFA822-02F6-4391-992F-730DC9A84D09

Ford Maverick Mavericks now for rent at U-Haul 147979E5-C105-4520-B378-84A016B6A9F6

PatG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
I'm a U-Haul dealer. Very few dealers have seen these yet. You have to remember that U-Haul has about 150,000 Fords in their fleet and buy about 10,000 per year. They are probably Ford's biggest customer, they may get a bit of special treatment.

Sponsored

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having ordered a 23 and never even seen a Maverick I'd pay $20 for a test drive just to decide what do to for the next year or so.
Smart move by Ford? Or just dumb luck? Since Ford cannot seem to get Mavs on dealer lots for test drives, people can rent them for a test drive, which should lead to more sales, if Ford keeps the price of Mavs reasonable.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got pulled over hauling a uhaul. It had bad wiring and didnā€™t show brakes and turn on one side according to police.
U-Haul doesn't maintain their equipment very well, from my experience. (Budget isn't any better.)

I rented a trailer with my Maverick, and the lights quit working a couple of miles down the road. Maverick warned me they didn't work, which was nice. Went right back, and they wanted to "troubleshoot" the new Maverick's wiring, rather than just swapping to another trailer sitting right there. Heck no! I located and showed them the break in their wiring, swapped trailers, and went my way.

I have no doubt the next renter had the same problem.

Last edited:

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is partially why I ordered the Oxford White in August 2021. I figured when the factory was producing all those fleet trucks mine would be slid into the line also. It seems to have worked because I got my Hybrid XLT LUX CO-Pilot360 last April fully configured as ordered with spray-in bed liner.
What a great idea! I may change my order color from red to white.

Any thoughts on changing color to white from anyone?
Sponsored