JVolpe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Posted by @jusmailuck - "Maverick with a tailpad, two mountain bikes for size. Pad is a Raceface T2, doesn't obscure rear camera, can fit 4 bikes, maybe 5."

Ford Maverick Maverick With Raceface T2 Bed Tailpad Carrying Mountain Bikes Ford Maverick fitted with Raceface T2 bed tailpad and carrying mountain bikes

Ford Maverick Maverick With Raceface T2 Bed Tailpad Carrying Mountain Bikes Maverick fitted with Raceface T2 bed tailpad and carrying mountain bikes 1
Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
One of the main things that drove me towards a Maverick was being able to haul our bikes around without disassembly and/or a rack on back. Love seeing more pics that show what a comfy fit they are, thanks!

Caffeinated

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Caffeinator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Posted by @jusmailuck - "Maverick with a tailpad, two mountain bikes for size. Pad is a Raceface T2, doesn't obscure rear camera, can fit 4 bikes, maybe 5."

Ford Maverick fitted with Raceface T2 bed tailpad and carrying mountain bikes.jpeg

Maverick fitted with Raceface T2 bed tailpad and carrying mountain bikes 1.jpg
Nice bikes! Pretty cool truck, too ;)

Jlemke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Ford Maverick fitted with Raceface T2 bed tailpad and carrying mountain bikes.jpeg

If you're able to grab a pic showing how close the back wheel is to the wall, I'd appreciate it. Also what's your bike wheel base?

Mav2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's awesome thanks for the pics!

Sponsored

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is great. Was planning on a hitch bike rack, but this has me thinking it would be even better (and probably easier to store). We don't take the bikes out too often, but this seems like a simple way to load and go.

KenB

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-3
One of the main things that drove me towards a Maverick was being able to haul our bikes around without disassembly and/or a rack on back. Love seeing more pics that show what a comfy fit they are, thanks!
So, one of my concerns with this setup is scratching the paint on the tailgate. Any suggestions or advice on how to avoid the scratches?

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, one of my concerns with this setup is scratching the paint on the tailgate. Any suggestions or advice on how to avoid the scratches?
I have been planning to do this very same thing with my truck, even researched the pads and came up with the same one as the OP.

I am going to have my tailgate wrapped in clear vinyl to prevent any potenial scratches since my pad will probably stay on my truck permanently (we ride 3-4 times per week year round - thanks Cali).

Ehowe1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

This is amazing thanks for posting! Mountain biking and hauling my bike around is going to be one of the main uses of this bed!!!

XLTLUXA51

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650r, Suzuki SX4, Buell blast 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sweet bikes!!

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha one of the main things that made me go forward with reserving a Mav was the fact that maybe I can convince the GF that we should get some bikes (and take them somewhere).
Truck bed, even if "short" is infinitely more useful than coupe and hatchback for hauling these things. Got us looking at kayaks too!

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting for the motorcycle in the back pictures! 😂

Ehowe1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you're able to grab a pic showing how close the back wheel is to the wall, I'd appreciate it. Also what's your bike wheel base?
This is also something I’d like to see if the OP has a chance, and maybe bike size info, small/medium/large frame etc, 29er or 27.5 inch wheels.

Haha yes, I’m needy. thanks!

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, does anyone know if the tailgate pad style bike holders are fender friendly? Thanks!
Ford Maverick Maverick With Raceface T2 Bed Tailpad Carrying Mountain Bikes IMG_20210515_125633739

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4/LUX,60 Bug,ElementSC 5mt,Buell XB12X,BICYCLES!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a bike shop owner this makes me happy to see. I'd assume that is a s/m pad. I will be curious on how the longer travel 29" bikes do back there.

NightOWL: Should be ok for fenders.
Sponsored