Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wanted to report in and let all the bike riders know that the newly released tailgate pad from Raceface and Fox will fit our trucks. I have a little bit of adjusting to do but it's pretty much installed. Works with my crappy Ford soft folding bed cover and their install video shows it works with a tri-fold.

Ford Maverick New Raceface / Fox tailgate pad fits the Maverick PXL_20240308_195519695

Ford Maverick New Raceface / Fox tailgate pad fits the Maverick PXL_20240308_195537512
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The OCD in me implores you to pull the sides up on your Truxport cover and stretch them taut.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Skulls Road

Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The OCD in my implores you to pull the sides up on your Truxport cover and stretch them taut.
Ugh...I know. I struggle with it everyday because I open the tonneau multiple times a day and I lost the will to fix it every time. Can't wait to replace with with something else.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Aw, man. My T2 tailgate pad is already outdated? 🤣

Looks good! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My two year old Raceface pad fits the Maverick with no issue
Curious what was changed or upgraded

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Avid mtb biker checking in. One of the reasons I ordered the FX4 was it came with a tow hitch. Didn't need the 4k tow package, the only thing my hitch will see is my Yakima rack. I would like the convenience of one of these but I just don't trust it to not scratch my tailgate. And I have had a bike stolen. Got two locks on my Yakima, and run a third lock and cable to the receiver.

OP
OP
Skulls Road

Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Aw, man. My T2 tailgate pad is already outdated? 🤣

Looks good! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
I actually prefer the way the T2 looks. I still have if anyone wants to buy it.

My two year old Raceface pad fits the Maverick with no issue
Curious what was changed or upgraded
Mostly the ability to close your bed cover. But they also improved the padding and the buckles are aluminum now.

Avid mtb biker checking in. One of the reasons I ordered the FX4 was it came with a tow hitch. Didn't need the 4k tow package, the only thing my hitch will see is my Yakima rack. I would like the convenience of one of these but I just don't trust it to not scratch my tailgate. And I have had a bike stolen. Got two locks on my Yakima, and run a third lock and cable to the receiver.
I've never seen a pad scratch a tailgate but I guess it's not impossible. I could honestly care less if it does. I drive my truck through some rugged stuff to get to trails. It already has plenty of chips and scratches. I never leave my bike unattended in the bed, but if I'm going for a ride in the Bay Area I run a chain through the frame and lock it to the tie downs. That prevents the scum from being able to grab it and run. A bonus is I can lay my surfboards on it.

I still use my Kuat Sherpa when I have the bed loaded up with my fridge, milwaukee chainsaw, solar generator, and various other gear.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanna keep this stuff as far away from the paint as possible

Ford Maverick New Raceface / Fox tailgate pad fits the Maverick thumbnail_IMG_4648

when not using the tailgate pad do you leave it in the bed or do you take it out?

OP
OP
Skulls Road

Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah this time of year I have the give the frame a quick wipe with the glove before throwing it on the pad.

I used to take the old T2 pad off between rides, but I plan on keeping this T3 on year round now that I can keep my cover closed.

shadow76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having had two bikes stolen while locked to a bike rack in the past two years, I would never leave one in the bed unsecured.
When transporting a bike, it’s on a hitch mounted carrier and secured with two cables and locks.

Though when checking clearances between the bike carrier in the down position, I found the Maverick tailgate will contact it when lowered. I’ll have to drill a hole through the insert bar to relocate the carrier an inch or two further from the bumper. Haven’t had this issue when mounting the bike carrier on a F150, Ranger or a variety of RVS and cars.

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had my pad on my Blue XLT for 6 months (the whole time I owned it)and zero scratches or wear
IMG_7198.jpeg
My OCD is in full blown meltdown. That tire touching the bumper đź«Ł

So let’s test the age of you guys. Have any of you bought anything for your bike from the place that is my name?
Sponsored