2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm surprised to see so many here hating on the Rivian, but I guess the typical Maverick owner is... how do I say this politely... "value oriented" :ROFLMAO:.

The R1T is an incredible truck and I love mine equally as much as my Mav, but they specialize in very different things. Impossible to beat the Maverick on bang for your buck, but it also isn't hitting 60 mph in 3 seconds or tackling trails like the Rivian. If you have the chance to drive or ride in one, I highly recommend checking it out and keeping an open mind.
They cost 3x as much as a Maverick. That's far more than just a difference in being "value-oriented". That's an entirely different ballpark that makes you wonder why the Maverick is being compared to a Rivian in the first place. Which is to say that the Maverick is quite impressive to be able to hold its own to a vehicle 3x its price.
Sponsored

james baxter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trick Trash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm surprised to see so many here hating on the Rivian, but I guess the typical Maverick owner is... how do I say this politely... "value oriented" :ROFLMAO:.

The R1T is an incredible truck and I love mine equally as much as my Mav, but they specialize in very different things. Impossible to beat the Maverick on bang for your buck, but it also isn't hitting 60 mph in 3 seconds or tackling trails like the Rivian. If you have the chance to drive or ride in one, I highly recommend checking it out and keeping an open mind.
You are right. I know nothing of the Rivian other than its looks and the fact that it is electric. 0 to 60 in 3 seconds is scary fast. Anybody know how fast it does the quarter mile?

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a ride in a Rivian R1T. It is a solid truck. I liked it, but yeah, the price originally was supposed to be in the low 60K area...but with the big battery ( 400 miles per charge ) pushed up the price 6K more. 0- 60 in just over 3 seconds...Someday, with ongoing Battery Technology the way it's going, there will be (according to OSU Chemistry Professor David Ji) Sodium based batteries..they are getting close. THAT will be a game changer, no lithium or cobalt. But being an "old fogie" probably not in my lifetime. Someday maybe prices will drop...would have to be a lot.

O...just saw an add for a Hotel, real nice place with a sauna, chef, etc..$500 A NIGHT!!! Those folks are the affluent who can afford a Rivian...Did I say I really like my Macerick?

Yeah, I would get a Rivian..anyone want to fund me? :p

Last edited:

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rivian is junk. I saw a video where one got a minor rear end tap, and insurance company totaled it with $45k worth of damage. Lol

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting- because in those pictures it looks like the "reach over the side" height is higher on the Rivian. Ford did a great job cramming everything under the Maverick so my wife can grab stuff out of the bed from the sides! :)
Actually I was referring to the height inside the box not the reach over height… eg floor to rail.

But as you point out, the Maverick reach over height is lower, even though the internal bed height (floor to rail) is greater.

Sponsored

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe one day I'll stop being surprised by the amount of negativity on the internet (and this forum). For anyone who's a motorhead, the Rivian is seriously a marvel. Knocking it because it's expensive or because you think it looks like a butt with glasses is just simple.

For the guy asking about 1/4 mile time here's an excellent and entertaining Youtube video. And for you fogeys, a special guest GMC Syclone appearance. Not to spoil anything, but they also load the Syclone on a trailer, hook it up to the Rivian, and race a Raptor.

OP
OP
Telemachus

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Spot was open again today next to my friend.

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe one day I'll stop being surprised by the amount of negativity on the internet (and this forum). For anyone who's a motorhead, the Rivian is seriously a marvel. Knocking it because it's expensive or because you think it looks like a butt with glasses is just simple.

For the guy asking about 1/4 mile time here's an excellent and entertaining Youtube video. And for you fogeys, a special guest GMC Syclone appearance. Not to spoil anything, but they also load the Syclone on a trailer, hook it up to the Rivian, and race a Raptor.

Thanks mav kev. Yes, a marvel,,,on so many levels. I will be watching Rivian and hopefully they continue to grow and produce more of their Rivians..As far as the negativity..that happens when new things challenge the status quo, and that's a good thing.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A really well done, fun video to watch.
Proves the Rivian is a luxury vehicle, and not really a utility vehicle, and wants no part of helping the planet tho.
For thrills: A+
For the planet: D-
Ford Maverick Maverick vs Rivian R1T side-by-side comparison look 7821F85B-94F8-45D9-8AF0-84AB9762C84A

About the size of a Maverick
7173 unladen weight
more horsepower than an 18-Wheeler
100% frivolous / ridiculous your choice

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There was an open spot next to my colleague's Rivian today, so I couldn't resist taking some comparison pics.

20230503_211535.jpg
20230503_211328.jpg
20230503_211318.jpg
20230503_211304.jpg
20230503_211501.jpg
20230503_211509.jpg
20230503_211453.jpg
20230503_211447.jpg
You vs the guy she tell you not to worry about

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick Maverick vs Rivian R1T side-by-side comparison look 723E2D1B-9BC9-482E-A9C3-6092F485AEC3

"The new electric Hummer, costing $110,000 and enthusiastically test-driven by Biden himself, has a battery which alone weighs as much as a small car and contains half the amount of lithium needed to power an entire bus full of people, while the Rivian R1S, the worst-performing EV in the ACEEE’s rankings and deemed worse for the environment than a decent chunk of gas-powered cars, weighs as much as an adult African elephant."

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I saw one up close last year. It was priced at $120K! I think I will wait and see if Ford comes out with an electric Maverick!!
I'll take 3 Mavericks, please.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

723E2D1B-9BC9-482E-A9C3-6092F485AEC3.jpeg

"The new electric Hummer, costing $110,000 and enthusiastically test-driven by Biden himself, has a battery which alone weighs as much as a small car and contains half the amount of lithium needed to power an entire bus full of people, while the Rivian R1S, the worst-performing EV in the ACEEE’s rankings and deemed worse for the environment than a decent chunk of gas-powered cars, weighs as much as an adult African elephant."
I've never been a fan of EVs. They may get a lot of the issues ( some political on nature) worked out sometime after my son takes my keys. Yes the Rivian does need glasses.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

A really well done, fun video to watch.
Proves the Rivian is a luxury vehicle, and not really a utility vehicle, and wants no part of helping the planet tho.
For thrills: A+
For the planet: D-

About the size of a Maverick
7173 unladen weight
more horsepower than an 18-Wheeler
100% frivolous / ridiculous your choice

I don't remember anyone in here espousing the "benefits" of EVs, especially ones as large and inefficient as the Hummer EV or the Rivian. Rivian doesn't bill the R1T/S as utilitarian and at the price-point they're certainly in the luxury market. Yeesh. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the photos anyway guys!