Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did the same.
The only thing hugely different in size is the price.

E9731C1F-A5E4-4546-BEE6-05D2FC34CF7E.jpeg

A580876E-AD5B-497B-99A6-4051808C144D.jpeg

F79D42F5-D724-4544-8F52-5375785E8F4B.jpeg

15351773-590C-4DAD-8118-60EF257E50D7.jpeg

518D3C58-4AC3-4CB6-95E5-F374522F65A8.jpeg
I like yours much better. Rivian has a ridiculous front end. IF you get a Mav at MSRP, Rivian also has a ridiculous price.
Sponsored

Tetochibichu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rivian R1T is a badass pricy truck. I hope they come out with a more affordable truck using their R2 platform soon. It’s exciting to see more EV trucks. :)

With EVs you can recycle their batteries. Redwood Materials can recycle 95% of the EV batteries. They already have two facilities and building a multi billion dollar plant in South Carolina employing 1,500 people.

https://techcrunch.com/2022/12/14/r...ltibillion-dollar-factory-south-carolina/amp/

OP
OP
Telemachus

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lightning that I reserved years ago and ordered in December just got to the stealership yesterday.

I declined it, asked for my deposit back. Maverick is 100% meeting my needs.

I asked the salesman how long it will take them to sell it.

He said they had 10 on the lot, so probably a while!!

Ford Maverick Maverick vs Rivian R1T side-by-side comparison look Screenshot_20230228_223310_Gallery

Last edited:

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a ride in a Rivian R1T. It is a solid truck. I liked it, but yeah, the price originally was supposed to be in the low 60K area...but with the big battery ( 400 miles per charge ) pushed up the price 6K more. 0- 60 in just over 3 seconds...Someday, with ongoing Battery Technology the way it's going, there will be (according to OSU Chemistry Professor David Ji) Sodium based batteries..they are getting close. THAT will be a game changer, no lithium or cobalt. But being an "old fogie" probably not in my lifetime. Someday maybe prices will drop...would have to be a lot.

O...just saw an add for a Hotel, real nice place with a sauna, chef, etc..$500 A NIGHT!!! Those folks are the affluent who can afford a Rivian...Did I say I really like my Macerick?

Yeah, I would get a Rivian..anyone want to fund me? :p
That Sodium design is only hampered by unclear who came up with it being so nearly identical to Lithium chemistry, handling packaging is different but versions of a sodium based cell predate lithium because its so abundant and cheap as free.
The timeline of Sodium batteries should be very very short, months versus years.
Biggest problems is with the West fighting against each other, and China having the manufacturing scale advantage. There is no supply issues for main ingredients so China can’t play its normal market games.
I predict that all legacy auto brands will form a consortium and buy out all the R&D companies with versions of sodium batteries and rush to implement full EVs since it will be far cheaper than ICE/Hybrid designs to build.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lightning that I reserved years ago and ordered in December just got to the stealership yesterday.

I declined it, asked for my deposit back. Maverick is 100% meeting my needs.

I asked the salesman how long it will take them to sell it.

He said they had 10 on the lot, so probably a while!!

Screenshot_20230228_223310_Gallery.jpg
Wow! That was a fast market flip. Poor Ford, i have skipped watching multiple videos that had click-bate like tiles about Fords demise…
Thinking no way, demand for Lighting could be affected so badly by battery issues that just about every other manufacturer has experienced before Ford.

Sponsored

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That Sodium design is only hampered by unclear who came up with it being so nearly identical to Lithium chemistry, handling packaging is different but versions of a sodium based cell predate lithium because its so abundant and cheap as free.
The timeline of Sodium batteries should be very very short, months versus years.
Biggest problems is with the West fighting against each other, and China having the manufacturing scale advantage. There is no supply issues for main ingredients so China can’t play its normal market games.
I predict that all legacy auto brands will form a consortium and buy out all the R&D companies with versions of sodium batteries and rush to implement full EVs since it will be far cheaper than ICE/Hybrid designs to build.
TedTX...I think you are correct n consortiums being formed. In the meantime, Tesla is building a Lithium Lab in Texas for the 4585 battery, they call it the “Manufacturing R&D (Lithium Lab).”
Still, China has probably the largest investment in new battery technology,Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL), based in east China's Fujian province...not sure if they would let anything go as they are one of the biggest EV battery producers in the world.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Texas passed a new law this past month that nukes Tesla lab, indirectly. The historic grid failure during our weeklong iceage has shaken leaders like nothing I have seen as nearly an entire lifetime here.
They are not thinking rationally, Elon choice of Texas as the manufacturing plant because of the grid failure. Promises that the creation of massive amounts of batteries will provide a power wall of biblical scale strengthening the grid.
Texas wants to avoid California like issues where the EV connect has been claimed to very negatively affect the grid. So connected limits are adopted state wide, but the wording keeps the battery plant from allowing Elon the fat electric draw to supply his proposed city sized power wall.
The Political and social makeup of Texas will allow Elon to be Elon, he fits the model of what a Texan thinks a Texan still is. A self made man left to his own strong will.
Will develop his own power substation, humorously likely gas driven because the area he owns is very likely already crisscrossed by older aviation fuel supply lines for the defunct airforce base and regional airport that took its landings strips.
There are already substantial power-lines that once feed the base and surrounding town.
Texas is not California in that its going to be a place of excess power long into the future, problem of Texas is one of Geographic size. The wind farms of Texas are far from metropolitan areas of need.

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did the same.
The only thing hugely different in size is the price.

E9731C1F-A5E4-4546-BEE6-05D2FC34CF7E.jpeg

A580876E-AD5B-497B-99A6-4051808C144D.jpeg

F79D42F5-D724-4544-8F52-5375785E8F4B.jpeg

15351773-590C-4DAD-8118-60EF257E50D7.jpeg

518D3C58-4AC3-4CB6-95E5-F374522F65A8.jpeg
WOW Saw my first Rivian last week and loved it, no wonder, almost the same.

Bill K

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Rivian looks fat and ugly when next a Maverick.
Sponsored