Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why would they do an AWD Ranger? As far as I know the Sierra Denali is only body on frame truck to ever offer AWD and it was discontinued for lack of sales.
Sponsored

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like the Ranger when it came out and was going to buy one,But that was 2020 march the dealer still had 2019 leftovers both ranger and f150 , the discounts on the f150 stx with2.7 was cheaper to buy than the Ranger and gas mileage on ranger is only 1 more mpg city . of course now that all changed as most all are now selling at msrp or higher ,so now the Ranger would be cheaper.we are still waiting on our hybrid maverick xlt ,I called ford customer service again last week, they said its still on order just waiting for a build date.well see its gona be about $ 24,600 I should have ordered 2 !!

Sheila Ness

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Loved the video. It just assured me that I made the right choice for me with the Maverick. Can't wait to see mine and drive it!!! Ordered 8-31-21. I'm getting really antsy!!

Ford88

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
I keep seeing commercials from Ford the last few days and are offering $1500 off a F150 and whatever else. I’m like yea ok order one and see how long it takes to get it. Lol
I ordered a hybrid f-150 powerboost 2/23, got a build date last week for 4/18. Ordered a Maverick ecoboost 9/27 still unscheduled. Guess it helps to get scheduled when the truck costs and extra 15k.

Sponsored

Jimd57

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Dodge Dakota
I thought it was good. Been thinking of giving up on the Mav and get a Ranger. But for I want it for its the Mav.
One thing that irks me about many of the you tube video I watch is the ads for Ford. It's like rubbing it in
See Bronco F 150 lightning cars you can't even get. But I will say never seen any ad for a Mav.
I have no idea why they spend money on ads when the pickings are slim.
I can feel for you on the wait but if you can hold out I think you'll love your Maverick I ordered mine 6/21/21 received it 3/10/22 xlt luxury pac I love it driving past the gas stations is so cool!

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can feel for you on the wait but if you can hold out I think you'll love your Maverick I ordered mine 6/21/21 received it 3/10/22 xlt luxury pac I love it driving past the gas stations is so cool!
I will hold out. Ordered EB awd. Just read a review where they got 17 mpg on an ecobost Mav. My F-150 EB gets almost that. Hope they are wrong. Hope to get mid 20's.

Cosmo Kramer

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
I can give a direct review in this! My Mav had a scuff on the bumper from the transport driver that delivered it to the dealer so Ford is replacing the bumper. It’s in getting the work done now and I have a 2021 Ranger XLT crew cab 4x4 as a loaner.

The ride is much rougher in the Ranger when one person is driving, loaded with 4 adults it settles down. The entry and exit of the Ranger just sucks. The step bars are too high and poorly positioned so for me to get in I have to step over them which is super awkward. The back seat does have less legroom. I like the shifter arrangement on the Ranger better but the Mav has more storage cubbies. I think my 2.0 4k tow has equal or better acceleration then the Ranger while providing 30% better fuel mileage (yes I said 30%). The Ranger is currently running the same fuel mileage as my 2020 2.7 F150 4x4 used to get. The cornering ability of the two are not even in the same league, the Mav feels like a sports car in comparison. In my opinion if someone is looking at the Ranger just pass by it and get the F150 (that’s what I did when I bought my F150 in 2020).

OP
OP
Stevew46

Stevew46

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick lariat first edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hopefully pick my new maverick tomorrow (Tuesday) 🙂

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I will hold out. Ordered EB awd. Just read a review where they got 17 mpg on an ecobost Mav. My F-150 EB gets almost that. Hope they are wrong. Hope to get mid 20's.
I have had my EB AWD Maverick for about 5 months. Started around 20 mpg but has been steadily climbing as I drive it. AROUND 3000 miles on it and it’s now averaging well over 22 mpg and that’s suburbia driving with traffic lights and stop signs aplenty. On the highway it gets 28.8 the few times that I have driven on a highway. My Maverick is awesome and I use it to haul things. It’s handled a sofa, workbench, refrigerator, and a few dressers. The truck has exceeded my expectations

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Again. It’s a stupid comparison. The Ranger is body on frame and designed to carry much heavier loads and tow larger weights and also is adept at off roading.

the Mav is unitized and is basically a grocery getter truck. Which is fine. That’s what I’d prefer as a dd

OP
OP
Stevew46

Stevew46

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick lariat first edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Again. It’s a stupid comparison. The Ranger is body on frame and designed to carry much heavier loads and tow larger weights and also is adept at off roading.

the Mav is unitized and is basically a grocery getter truck. Which is fine. That’s what I’d prefer as a dd
I guess you have always been a shit disturber, did mummy and daddy not give somebody enough attention
Mummy said to me “ if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all”

Ronbye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Considering one is basically a car with a bed and the other is a truck it’s kinda stupid to compare them.
These are two trucks, its as simple as that. I didn't buy a car, I bought a truck. The fact that the Maverick rides better and has slightly more room than the current Ranger is a bonus. I have had two Ranger trucks before and I like them a lot and I expect the Maverick to perform better than those trucks. Right away it beats the Ranger in the gas mileage wars.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Why would they do an AWD Ranger? As far as I know the Sierra Denali is only body on frame truck to ever offer AWD and it was discontinued for lack of sales.
Full size jeeps, and chevys/gmcs often had awd also known as full time 4wd. It was quite common.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My comanche is unibody and designed to haul as much weight as f150s. Also its smaller than the maverick even lifted on 31s.
Sponsored