First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is going to sound really dumb..... But I don't know if we "reserved" or "ordered" two of them ??? I thought we "ordered" them.... as in, we sat down, picked the trim, the color, and any options we wanted, and they said, we will contact you when it comes in.....
However, and this is the important thing > we gave them NO deposit, and we made sure we were under no obligation to actually buy the vehicle. The dealer told us, their big incentive was that "this" was the only way they were going to be able to get any of them on the lot, because Ford was not going to be sending them any, just to have sitting around, while dealers tried to sell them.

So, did we "order" or "reserve" these ? What's the difference ?
Did you receive a Order Confirmation email from Ford? If yes, then yes you ordered. You may want to confirm order/no order with your dealer. A reservation allows a dealer to contact you regarding your interest in the vehicle. Ordered doesn't mean you're obligated to purchase when it arrives.
Sponsored

ffjack15

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did that also but at the dealership I had to fill out another reservation with the salesman and give my drivers license again.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
where is there a poll when you need one?

i placed 2 reservations with local dealers before contacting Chapman Ford and placing my order (also with a reservation). so 3:1 for me.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does every order require a reservation?
I made two reservations locally but both local dealerships took days to answer so I started searching for out of state dealerships.
I ultimately found this site with Tom’s post and placed my order through Chapman. So I have either two or three reservations 🤷‍♂️
No. I have orders in with two dealers and on reservation. (One dealer placed the order without my approval)

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I read someplace a while back that there were 80,000 reservations and 50,000 orders... So I'm betting that there's more than 50,000 official orders.

Sponsored

Mavhead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan versa
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is impressive.

Ford Maverick pickup doesn't exist yet — but reservations from potential buyers are soaring

https://amp.freep.com/amp/8206041002

August 23, 2021

Ford Motor Co. has confirmed 100,000 reservations so far for its all-new little 2022 Maverick pickup that hasn't been built yet.

The hybrid compact pickup was just revealed in June, and it's the only pickup with a hybrid base model.

The most reservations have come from consumers in California, Texas and Florida — specifically Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston and Orlando.

When the Maverick was revealed on June 8, consumers could go to the website to place a non-binding reservation, which basically flags dealers who consider the alert a hard lead for follow up. Some reservations have converted to orders, but Ford is not releasing details yet.
I made a reservation with one dealership but they were slow to respond so I made an order at another dealership.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One reservation with a local that I subsequently canceled an order for, then a second one with Granger - resulting in my current order.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
where is there a poll when you need one?

i placed 2 reservations with local dealers before contacting Chapman Ford and placing my order (also with a reservation). so 3:1 for me.
Poll is up

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I read somewhere that out of the 80,000 reservations, only 18,000 converted to actual orders...:unsure:

deadtime

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
id say higher than that. if its 100k reservations maybe 40k or 45k orders. I put one reservation in, went to my dealer paid my deposit, got my receipt for the 500 deposit, got a confirmed order email about 2 hours later. i assume theres alot folks who did that as well. Even so though its alot of orders to pump out. itll be a good seller for them thats for darn sure
My dealer didn’t take a deposit. Why would you need a deposit? I have my vin and 10/4 build date.

Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

My dealer didn’t take a deposit. Why would you need a deposit? I have my vin and 10/4 build date.
mine required it, not all do but most do. but i have heard of some dealers that didnt request it. but in my mind atleast i have some money on the table towards the order atleast. i dont have a vin or build date yet though. fingers crossed i will soon though haha.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
I read somewhere that out of the 80,000 reservations, only 18,000 converted to actual orders...:unsure:
That's what I had heard as well. That's why I was thinking maybe 25,000 translated to actual orders by now. Of course the total ordered has gotta be higher, what if a fleet wants to order 50, they didn't place a reservation I bet, they just ordered them. I think there will be a ton of these getting built, but of the initial reservations I bet less than half have converted thus far.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had 1 reservation but 2 orders.

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Did you receive a Order Confirmation email from Ford? If yes, then yes you ordered. You may want to confirm order/no order with your dealer. A reservation allows a dealer to contact you regarding your interest in the vehicle. Ordered doesn't mean you're obligated to purchase when it arrives.
I hadn't even checked until just now. But yes, my 'order' was confirmed. Too bad, I'm not getting it. My GF may or may not get the one I ordered.. or the one she ordered ? As usual, she's torn with her decision making, and I know better, than to try to help her with this one.

FiremarshalBill49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3 LR and 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went in to my local Ford dealership 10 days ago and converted my on-line reservation into an order. I have yet to receive an Order Conformation email from Ford and now the dealership is telling me my Order Code (A013) was shared with another customer who DID receive an email from Ford.
Sponsored