Sponsored

Maverick Production - I see a two year wait in the future.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
do you have a link for that information Ford IS producing a Brazilian version Maverick to export from Mexico? I have not seen that anywhere. AFAIK, they only build US version Bronco Sport & Mavericks at Hermosillo right now.
Don't forget Canadian models are currently being built too.
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's gonna take a while for them to catch up to demand and this truck is going to sell big worldwide. The price point and utility will make it very attractive in countries with low average wages. Eventually you will see these trucks everywhere. As long as they don't turn out to be turds, which seems unlikely, they will be hot sellers for a long time.

Ford's basic problem is how much to tool up in order to meet demand. There is a recent example of a similar problem with the ammo shortage that was happening. Ammo plants were running flat out and couldn't keep up, but didn't want to invest in new tooling and production lines because they were pretty sure market conditions would eventually change and they didn't want to be stuck with tons of excess capacity. Market conditions DID change and they got caught up.

Car production lines are a lot more complicated than ammo production lines so Ford is going to tread very carefully. The brazil plant closure shows they have a pretty good idea that they won't need that capacity at least for the foreseeable future. They will eventually get caught up and one of the very smart things they are doing is utilizing mostly off the shelf components. That way if one body style stops selling they can simply use the same components in another body style.

OP
OP

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's gonna take a while for them to catch up to demand and this truck is going to sell big worldwide. The price point and utility will make it very attractive in countries with low average wages. Eventually you will see these trucks everywhere. As long as they don't turn out to be turds, which seems unlikely, they will be hot sellers for a long time.

Ford's basic problem is how much to tool up in order to meet demand. There is a recent example of a similar problem with the ammo shortage that was happening. Ammo plants were running flat out and couldn't keep up, but didn't want to invest in new tooling and production lines because they were pretty sure market conditions would eventually change and they didn't want to be stuck with tons of excess capacity. Market conditions DID change and they got caught up.

Car production lines are a lot more complicated than ammo production lines so Ford is going to tread very carefully. The brazil plant closure shows they have a pretty good idea that they won't need that capacity at least for the foreseeable future. They will eventually get caught up and one of the very smart things they are doing is utilizing mostly off the shelf components. That way if one body style stops selling they can simply use the same components in another body style.
Makes perfect sense if they would have built Mavericks and Bronco Sport on the same line as the Escape. Same chassis, Atkinson Hybrid, Ecoboost 2.0 and on and on. Plus you can get a Escape Hybrid in AWD.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello ladies and gentlemen i just read all three pages of of the late availability of the hybrid Maverick really don't know who is right or wrong but I have seen it time and time again that a lack of communication I E Ford Motor Company lack of transparency and honesty and not coming out and making any official statements at all ?!?to all of us people that have ordered the Maverick hybrid many months ago 😔when there is no official word from the big man himself i e ford Motor Company you get rumors and chaos just my opinion but I wish Ford would be honest with us and tell us what the heck is going on but in the meantime I will just wait like all you other ladies and gentlemen. 😞🖓

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well if my memory serves me well and of course this was pre pandemic so chips where not an issue ,Tesla came out with the model 3 .THEY HAD overwhelming demand ,what did they do? They initially built the upper end of the car concentrated on the largest profit margin all the model 3,s they built where fully loaded and it was a take it or leave it situation . This of course has nothing to do with Ford ,That is just hoe tesla solved there dilemma.

OP
OP

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well if my memory serves me well and of course this was pre pandemic so chips where not an issue ,Tesla came out with the model 3 .THEY HAD overwhelming demand ,what did they do? They initially built the upper end of the car concentrated on the largest profit margin all the model 3,s they built where fully loaded and it was a take it or leave it situation . This of course has nothing to do with Ford ,That is just hoe tesla solved there dilemma.
Yes, and Ford sold it’s share of Rivian this week. Made a ton of instant cash and gave away all the long term residual. Not sure i considered it a wise move. Think of the deals over the years, like Mazda and Jaguar. Never before seen taking a luxury brand and turning it into a hopped up Taurus. But all said they didn’t borrow money from the government during the depression. Could i do better - no - but i will never get a chance. Check out the new car they are about to build for Japan - awesome.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello ladies and gentlemen i just read all three pages of of the late availability of the hybrid Maverick really don't know who is right or wrong but I have seen it time and time again that a lack of communication I E Ford Motor Company lack of transparency and honesty and not coming out and making any official statements at all ?!?to all of us people that have ordered the Maverick hybrid many months ago 😔when there is no official word from the big man himself i e ford Motor Company you get rumors and chaos just my opinion but I wish Ford would be honest with us and tell us what the heck is going on but in the meantime I will just wait like all you other ladies and gentlemen. 😞🖓
Wow. What a long sentence.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:
Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Man, if this forum didn’t exist, if all of this information weren’t readily available, all of us would be out enjoying life, not worrying about our Mav orders unless the dealerships contacted us.

And yet, here we are.

So many things said in this thread and others like it that make sense. So many people blaming Ford for lack of supplies, supply chain issues, truck driver shortages, global pandemic, and so on.
Ford will deliver. Everyone that waits will get their Mavs. Delays will happen. Issues will pop up.

I feel bad for Hybrid folks, since they’re getting the short end of the stick, but no one is being screwed or taken advantage of by Ford.

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FORD cannot meet demand for Maverick in North America so what will happen as sales in South America (Argentina and Brazil) comes on line. I see a two rear wait in the future.
Well ,I just cant imagine ANYONE waiting 2 years for a truck .Ford will fix this or demand will subside. It might take a while but it always does fix itself. Purely HYPOTHETICAL but my guess is look at all the hybrid folks waiting, some since June 2021 with no build dates (5 months currently) .If they where told 10 to 12 months on day one My pure guess is 30 to 50% would not have ordered .I am not saying it will be 10 to 12 months for the hybrid by any means they are fixing that now. You walk into a dealer and buy a truck with a legitimate 12/18 month wait? ,I don't thinks so not if you know anything about depreciating assets . Two year wait ? absurd IMHO ,you will eliminate 90% of your customer base of course you will always have that person that is willing to wait but that is a huge minority of car buyers especially in the Amazon world of instant gratification. Ford is on the road to fix this now and I am not sticking up for ford there communication sucks in plain English. Six months from now or less you will see Three to six month wait times at max even for the hybrid just my opinion no haters please

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow. What a long sentence.
Maybe he is working under space constraints! (Since each period would require two spaces he could have been worried about needing two sheets of paper if he used that many spaces?
Sponsored