Sponsored

After the longest wait in America, 405 days, I got my Maverick.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the early morning of June 10th 2021 from a small dealer in Maryland. XLT hybrid cyber orange. Only 4 added options and the rest were dealer install. Originally had a spray-in bed liner but replaced it with a drop-in late December thinking it would help...it didn't. I also never had anything else on the restraint list.

My dealership lost all allocations late January. I made an infamous post about it. They weren't getting anymore for the rest of the year, but in April they were granted allocations again. The dealer I bought my Maverick from ordered one himself the minute order banks opened and even he had to wait just under 13 months.

Though my record long wait is over, the record will soon be passed by a lot of people that ordered last summer who only recently got scheduled and won't recieve their Maverick until September or October, or getting rolled over, and may not get theirs until early next year.

But the good news...this truck is freaking amazing! It's perfect and has everything I want and need, and then some! I did not think it would top the hype, and some minor gripes from random people got me a little worried...but no...this truck is by far, the best vehicle, dollar for dollar, made in a very long time.

I'm 6'2 230 lbs and fit comfortably. Great sitting position, great visibility, easy to drive, plenty of headroom. Great use of space and storage. The under seat storage in the back is AMAZING. I have room for all my emergency supplies and cleaning supplies and anything else. Even every door has tons of storage. I have never seen so many options and storage in such a small truck.

My previous truck was an older generation extended cab bare bones Chevy Colorado. Nearly the exact same dimensions, but the Maverick is MILES ahead of it in everything. Not just in simple comforts and technology, but the ride, handling, acceleration, and braking.

I own a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport, and I had a bigger smile the whole first day driving my Maverick yesterday than my first time driving my Corvette. I love my Corvette more than anything, but knowing how little I spent on the Maverick and how perfect it is and how great it looks...made me feel like I made the smartest decision of my life.

Cyber Orange is a controversial color. Usually a love or hate thing, but there were 6 Mavericks at my dealer when I picked it up. Mine, 2 owned by employees, and 3 others that just came in for other customers. Mine stood out the most by far and what normal shoppers were checking out first. I even got more stares out on the road than I do in my modified Corvette. The color may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if it's not going to be offered anymore, then I'm even more happy I got it since less than 5000 are projected to be in existence. A truck this amazing with some added options for only $26,000. Even the rims look fancy. It's unreal.

I love this truck already. I've never been so excited to read an owners manual in my life.

20220720_201412.jpg
Good for you
Sponsored

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Top colors Velocity Blue and then a tie for Cyber Orange and Hot Pepper Red. All the other colors are just shades of grey I think. Looks good glad you got it. So far I am at 7mo wait and expect atleast another 2-3. With a little hard work and Tremor re ordering I may just break your record. I will give it my all. :ROFLMAO:

Great truck!
Good Try. Hot Pepper Red is tops!

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got my VIN# today. Ordered 9-2-21, estimated build 9-12-22, delivery 10-18-22 for a total of 411 days.

Frandy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpdphotos.me
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid: Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, looks like I might FINALLY get my hybrid Maverick Lariat. Since June 18 it's been "in transit" with an ETA of July 24 - Aug 1. More recently, it's been in Illinois for a while with the same ETA. I text with one of the internet sales reps at my dealer here in North Carolina. Yesterday, I asked for an update, thinking there was no way the truck would get to them by Aug 1 if it was still in Illinois. And, sure enough, it isn't. It's in Virginia at the last stop ramp before moving on a transport truck to the dealer. So, maybe, just maybe, that ETA will be met!

So, if it arrives on Aug1, that will be 403 days. Of course, I have no idea how long the prep and recall fix will take. We shall see...

Last edited:

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I thought the longest wait in America was the time between the light changing green and the horn honk? . . .Sweet ride OP.

Sponsored

Majoretx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the early morning of June 10th 2021 from a small dealer in Maryland. XLT hybrid cyber orange. Only 4 added options and the rest were dealer install. Originally had a spray-in bed liner but replaced it with a drop-in late December thinking it would help...it didn't. I also never had anything else on the restraint list.

My dealership lost all allocations late January. I made an infamous post about it. They weren't getting anymore for the rest of the year, but in April they were granted allocations again. The dealer I bought my Maverick from ordered one himself the minute order banks opened and even he had to wait just under 13 months.

Though my record long wait is over, the record will soon be passed by a lot of people that ordered last summer who only recently got scheduled and won't recieve their Maverick until September or October, or getting rolled over, and may not get theirs until early next year.

But the good news...this truck is freaking amazing! It's perfect and has everything I want and need, and then some! I did not think it would top the hype, and some minor gripes from random people got me a little worried...but no...this truck is by far, the best vehicle, dollar for dollar, made in a very long time.

I'm 6'2 230 lbs and fit comfortably. Great sitting position, great visibility, easy to drive, plenty of headroom. Great use of space and storage. The under seat storage in the back is AMAZING. I have room for all my emergency supplies and cleaning supplies and anything else. Even every door has tons of storage. I have never seen so many options and storage in such a small truck.

My previous truck was an older generation extended cab bare bones Chevy Colorado. Nearly the exact same dimensions, but the Maverick is MILES ahead of it in everything. Not just in simple comforts and technology, but the ride, handling, acceleration, and braking.

I own a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport, and I had a bigger smile the whole first day driving my Maverick yesterday than my first time driving my Corvette. I love my Corvette more than anything, but knowing how little I spent on the Maverick and how perfect it is and how great it looks...made me feel like I made the smartest decision of my life.

Cyber Orange is a controversial color. Usually a love or hate thing, but there were 6 Mavericks at my dealer when I picked it up. Mine, 2 owned by employees, and 3 others that just came in for other customers. Mine stood out the most by far and what normal shoppers were checking out first. I even got more stares out on the road than I do in my modified Corvette. The color may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if it's not going to be offered anymore, then I'm even more happy I got it since less than 5000 are projected to be in existence. A truck this amazing with some added options for only $26,000. Even the rims look fancy. It's unreal.

I love this truck already. I've never been so excited to read an owners manual in my life.

20220720_201412.jpg
i ordered hybrid xlt aug 21 and still waiting :(

HughdMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220720_201412.jpg
Wow!!!! I guess I should stop complaining that I ordered mine 10 months ago. I might stop (bitchin) except the dealership (salesman and sales manager) have stopped taking my phone calls.

So 317 days from 405- I only have 88 days to wait maybe???

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems to be a trend for CO trucks. I'll be just shy of 400 when I pick it up this week!

Deleted member 6242

I ordered my white XLT hybrid from a small dealer in Connecticut on June 26. Ford sent me two delivery dates starting July 7, I’m still waiting for delivery. I’ve never owned a Ford. This will replace my 2014 white 4 door Ram. I still have my 48 & 49 Chevy pickups. The 49 Chevy Pickup was featured in the July issue of Classic Truck Performance magazine. I plan to add a Tuxedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover. I’m not going to lower it, but I am going to replace the original 17” tires with 235/70/R17 tires to fill in the wheel space.

22Ford XL Basic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220720_201412.jpg

Sponsored

22Ford XL Basic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too waited almost a year for my velocity blue XL to arrive at Tamiami Ford. Before they notified me they tinted the windows without consulting me. I instructed them to remove the tinting because I did not want it and it was in violation of the law in my home state NY. They refused, returned my deposit and sold my Maverick an hour later for a reported $7800.00 more.

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm over 480 days waiting on my FITS "gift" does that count?

Frank Alan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer called last week with VIN# and build week of Sept. 19th for my Hybrid XLT, LUX PKG and
360 with sliding rear window. Ordered June 19, 2021 from small dealer in Indiana. Hopefully
will see my Maverick by Halloween or Thanksgiving. Alot still can happen but at least I know
something positive after a year plus.
Sponsored