Sponsored

After the longest wait in America, 405 days, I got my Maverick.

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the early morning of June 10th 2021 from a small dealer in Maryland. XLT hybrid cyber orange. Only 4 added options and the rest were dealer install. Originally had a spray-in bed liner but replaced it with a drop-in late December thinking it would help...it didn't. I also never had anything else on the restraint list.

My dealership lost all allocations late January. I made an infamous post about it. They weren't getting anymore for the rest of the year, but in April they were granted allocations again. The dealer I bought my Maverick from ordered one himself the minute order banks opened and even he had to wait just under 13 months.

Though my record long wait is over, the record will soon be passed by a lot of people that ordered last summer who only recently got scheduled and won't recieve their Maverick until September or October, or getting rolled over, and may not get theirs until early next year.

But the good news...this truck is freaking amazing! It's perfect and has everything I want and need, and then some! I did not think it would top the hype, and some minor gripes from random people got me a little worried...but no...this truck is by far, the best vehicle, dollar for dollar, made in a very long time.

I'm 6'2 230 lbs and fit comfortably. Great sitting position, great visibility, easy to drive, plenty of headroom. Great use of space and storage. The under seat storage in the back is AMAZING. I have room for all my emergency supplies and cleaning supplies and anything else. Even every door has tons of storage. I have never seen so many options and storage in such a small truck.

My previous truck was an older generation extended cab bare bones Chevy Colorado. Nearly the exact same dimensions, but the Maverick is MILES ahead of it in everything. Not just in simple comforts and technology, but the ride, handling, acceleration, and braking.

I own a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport, and I had a bigger smile the whole first day driving my Maverick yesterday than my first time driving my Corvette. I love my Corvette more than anything, but knowing how little I spent on the Maverick and how perfect it is and how great it looks...made me feel like I made the smartest decision of my life.

Cyber Orange is a controversial color. Usually a love or hate thing, but there were 6 Mavericks at my dealer when I picked it up. Mine, 2 owned by employees, and 3 others that just came in for other customers. Mine stood out the most by far and what normal shoppers were checking out first. I even got more stares out on the road than I do in my modified Corvette. The color may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if it's not going to be offered anymore, then I'm even more happy I got it since less than 5000 are projected to be in existence. A truck this amazing with some added options for only $26,000. Even the rims look fancy. It's unreal.

I love this truck already. I've never been so excited to read an owners manual in my life.

Ford Maverick After the longest wait in America, 405 days, I got my Maverick. 20220720_201412
Sponsored

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good for you. Glad you like the Maverick. I will surpass your wait. I ordered a fully loaded Lariat hybrid June 19, 2021 and they tell me it will be built week of August 1 but of course that is fantasy. I don't care because if it is built I plan on selling it right away and hopefully make a few grand. I bought a '22 Ridgeline last winter and although I am sure the Maverick is a great truck, I would not trade the Ridgeline for the world. Of course, it was much more expensive than the Maverick and the Ridgeline is not a hybrid. Point is I am glad you think the wait was worth it - enjoy!

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is Cyber Orange confirmed to be discontinued? On Edit: Cyber orange is available for 2023 also.

Last edited:

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nice use of the self deprecating coupling “…infamous post…”.

Hope you’re smiling as much today as you were yesterday…and continues tomorrow!

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well, I am not a big fan of cyber orange, but I have to say, in the picture you posted your truck LOOKS INCREDIBLE!

I am sure you will continue to smile, and continue to get many admiring looks from other motorists on the highways and byways. May your Maverick serve you well, and congratulations from a guy who is almost certain to be pushed to MY23.

Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad your wait is finally over!

I'm a rookie at the waiting game, I'm only six months in. Of course I am unlikely to be driving a Maverick before the end of the year so it looks like I will have an opportunity to pump my rookie numbers up.

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the early morning of June 10th 2021 from a small dealer in Maryland. XLT hybrid cyber orange. Only 4 added options and the rest were dealer install. Originally had a spray-in bed liner but replaced it with a drop-in late December thinking it would help...it didn't. I also never had anything else on the restraint list.

My dealership lost all allocations late January. I made an infamous post about it. They weren't getting anymore for the rest of the year, but in April they were granted allocations again. The dealer I bought my Maverick from ordered one himself the minute order banks opened and even he had to wait just under 13 months.

Though my record long wait is over, the record will soon be passed by a lot of people that ordered last summer who only recently got scheduled and won't recieve their Maverick until September or October, or getting rolled over, and may not get theirs until early next year.

But the good news...this truck is freaking amazing! It's perfect and has everything I want and need, and then some! I did not think it would top the hype, and some minor gripes from random people got me a little worried...but no...this truck is by far, the best vehicle, dollar for dollar, made in a very long time.

I'm 6'2 230 lbs and fit comfortably. Great sitting position, great visibility, easy to drive, plenty of headroom. Great use of space and storage. The under seat storage in the back is AMAZING. I have room for all my emergency supplies and cleaning supplies and anything else. Even every door has tons of storage. I have never seen so many options and storage in such a small truck.

My previous truck was an older generation extended cab bare bones Chevy Colorado. Nearly the exact same dimensions, but the Maverick is MILES ahead of it in everything. Not just in simple comforts and technology, but the ride, handling, acceleration, and braking.

I own a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport, and I had a bigger smile the whole first day driving my Maverick yesterday than my first time driving my Corvette. I love my Corvette more than anything, but knowing how little I spent on the Maverick and how perfect it is and how great it looks...made me feel like I made the smartest decision of my life.

Cyber Orange is a controversial color. Usually a love or hate thing, but there were 6 Mavericks at my dealer when I picked it up. Mine, 2 owned by employees, and 3 others that just came in for other customers. Mine stood out the most by far and what normal shoppers were checking out first. I even got more stares out on the road than I do in my modified Corvette. The color may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if it's not going to be offered anymore, then I'm even more happy I got it since less than 5000 are projected to be in existence. A truck this amazing with some added options for only $26,000. Even the rims look fancy. It's unreal.

I love this truck already. I've never been so excited to read an owners manual in my life.

20220720_201412.jpg
Man that was one helluva long wait! It sucks beyond belief that so many early orders like yours are still in limbo after all this time....but I am very happy it finally happened for you. It's a beautiful truck! The Cyber Orange is a fantastic color, and this is just about the best photo I've ever seen of it. 😍
I got the luxury package with the body color side mirrors....but I gotta say I think I like the black better for the contrast. Oh well, maybe it's a good thing I found ONE regret about my truck. Otherwise I might wonder if it was all too good to be true. 😉

Congratulations!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Top colors Velocity Blue and then a tie for Cyber Orange and Hot Pepper Red. All the other colors are just shades of grey I think. Looks good glad you got it. So far I am at 7mo wait and expect atleast another 2-3. With a little hard work and Tremor re ordering I may just break your record. I will give it my all. :ROFLMAO:

Great truck!

UTAlumnus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220720_201412.jpg
Looks a lot more orange than the yellow of my neighbor's Ranger or the pictures Ford has up. If his looked like your's, I'd have ordered the orange instead of Velocity Blue.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congratulations I have always wondered what the longest waits have been. Looked for the infamous posts what happened to their allocations? For Ford to do this? sure it disciplines the dealers. But it's us the buyers who suffer also. Allocations have no place in a build to order system. Enjoy the ride.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Post some videos showing off the color like this. I have not seen any with Cyber Orange. I will sub!

Redbird22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Shadow Black xlt hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220720_201412.jpg
Great Truck! I got same in black. 4k miles. Still enjoy driving every day 👍

Ranchlife

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy PU,Toyota PU,YJ JEEP,Fusion,Elantra,Sonata
Congratulations enjoy and drive safe, i am picking mine up today. 8 days short of 1 year!

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220720_201412.jpg
I have to agree with you as the color is vibrant and constantly changing hues with light changes. Same truck different time of day.
Ford Maverick After the longest wait in America, 405 days, I got my Maverick. image3489
Ford Maverick After the longest wait in America, 405 days, I got my Maverick. Screenshot 2022-05-17 201047
Sponsored