First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is possible I am late to this discussion so if that is the case, please just direct me to the proper thread. If not, let's figure out where the solution to this is.

So I have had my maverick for about a week. I used to own a Nissan leaf (EV all the way) and the only reason I stopped diving it is because Nissan designed a battery pack that would prematurely fail. (Then refuse to fix it under their own warranty) My question is simple I suppose: Has anyone heard about a company working on a kit to convert the Maverick hybrid to a PHEV with a larger battery pack and a full EV mode? If not, are there any engineers out there that know how difficult it would be to program this process? I work regularly with electricity so I can do some basic stuff myself but the programming is where I fall short.
Sponsored

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are some threads on this forum about PHEV's. Pretty sure converting would be a major, expensive project and I'm not aware of any 'kits' to do it. FORD may be working on a PHEV, but don't expect it until the next gen Maverick comes out.

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A plug-in hybrid battery is much larger than a regular hybrid battery.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It is possible I am late to this discussion so if that is the case, please just direct me to the proper thread. If not, let's figure out where the solution to this is.

So I have had my maverick for about a week. I used to own a Nissan leaf (EV all the way) and the only reason I stopped diving it is because Nissan designed a battery pack that would prematurely fail. (Then refuse to fix it under their own warranty) My question is simple I suppose: Has anyone heard about a company working on a kit to convert the Maverick hybrid to a PHEV with a larger battery pack and a full EV mode? If not, are there any engineers out there that know how difficult it would be to program this process? I work regularly with electricity so I can do some basic stuff myself but the programming is where I fall short.
I like your thinking Spiderrman2099! Just add a few more battery packs and a giant plug in port....and away we go!. I realize it's no where near that easy. but I'm sure (after the warranty runs out) that someone will give it a shot!
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/rumor-mill-phev-awd-maverick-plug-in-hybrid.17045/

Walter56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There was a Chinese guy started to sell phev kits for Prius, Hybrid Escapes and others.
It was a 4-8 kWh 24 volt battery. It was boosted to the cars high voltage battery by an inverter and wired in parallel.
I had one. Results were ok.
The week point was the inverter.
The company was called Enginer. Engineer without the second e.