Sponsored

Maverick issues; lawsuit? Class Action???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my maverick about a month ago and wouldn't you know it, there was an air bag light on and it had to go back to the dealer who had it for a week fixing it. It was also shifting hard and getting poor mileage and it seemed like there was something wrong with the transmission. The service techs reset the transmission so it would learn to shift again. I had to drive a loaner while they fixed all the problems under warranty. The air bag light went off and the transmission shifts normally.

THEN, I had to take it on a fairly long trip and was on the road for more than 8 hours. When I got in the car and started it, it turned over with no problem but then it kept running. I kept thinking it was going to die on my but it kept running no problem.

THEN I went to connect my phone via android auto and it hooked right up without trouble. The map displayed on the screen and the navigation information correctly. Thought for sure the radio was going to mess up but nope, it played music while the navigation was running. I was even able to make phone calls over the system.

The mav ran ok but when we got to our destination I was low on gas. After filling up and calculating the mileage manually, I discovered that the on screen mpg display was accurate within a tenth of a mile. The tires held the correct pressure and the onscreen display was accurate for that, too.

Finally, when we were heading home it got dark and I had to put the headlights on. Little did I know the automatic high beams would work perfectly. So frustrating.

So the question is, how can I raise a stink online and threaten Ford with legal action if they fix every problem promptly under warranty and everything else just works? Is there some sort of law I can use to file a suit? :mad:
Sponsored

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my maverick about a month ago and wouldn't you know it, there was an air bag light on and it had to go back to the dealer who had it for a week fixing it. It was also shifting hard and getting poor mileage and it seemed like there was something wrong with the transmission. The service techs reset the transmission so it would learn to shift again. I had to drive a loaner while they fixed all the problems under warranty. The air bag light went off and the transmission shifts normally.

THEN, I had to take it on a fairly long trip and was on the road for more than 8 hours. When I got in the car and started it, it turned over with no problem but then it kept running. I kept thinking it was going to die on my but it kept running no problem.

THEN I went to connect my phone via android auto and it hooked right up without trouble. The map displayed on the screen and the navigation information correctly. Thought for sure the radio was going to mess up but nope, it played music while the navigation was running. I was even able to make phone calls over the system.

The mav ran ok but when we got to our destination I was low on gas. After filling up and calculating the mileage manually, I discovered that the on screen mpg display was accurate within a tenth of a mile. The tires held the correct pressure and the onscreen display was accurate for that, too.

Finally, when we were heading home it got dark and I had to put the headlights on. Little did I know the automatic high beams would work perfectly. So frustrating.

So the question is, how can I raise a stink online and threaten Ford with legal action if they fix every problem promptly under warranty and everything else just works? Is there some sort of law I can use to file a suit? :mad:
Huh ?? Surely u jest......

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I thought I was the only one with those same exact problems! I’ve even had to endure changing my own oil, then it reset AND started! Ridiculous.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I wanna get on this too. I don't have a Maverick yet, but I can invent some problems in the mean time.

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought I was the only one with those same exact problems! I’ve even had to endure changing my own oil, then it reset AND started! Ridiculous.
You definitely should contact an attorney.

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanna get on this too. I don't have a Maverick yet, but I can invent some problems in the mean time.
You should be able to sue for emotional distress due to Ford's failure to deliver the maverick in a timely fashion. Need a lawyer? I know a guy!

Ford Maverick Maverick issues; lawsuit? Class Action??? flat,800x800,075,f

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I too have these troubles with my Maverick, but no transmission problem or warranty work. Fuel economy was great. It went into deep sleep, but was fine. It was super hot in the truck, but temperature gauge said it wasn't even warmed up! There must be an engine fire, after all it's a hybrid! Where did the fire come from? Me, I was just that hot from the heat and humidity of the day. The truck was fine. AC cooled me off in no time. :p I want to sue Ford for all the outdoor heat! Who wants to sign up for this class action!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too have these troubles with my Maverick, but no transmission problem or warranty work. Fuel economy was great. It went into deep sleep, but was fine. It was super hot in the truck, but temperature gauge said it wasn't even warmed up! There must be an engine fire, after all it's a hybrid! Where did the fire come from? Me, I was just that hot from the heat and humidity of the day. The truck was fine. AC cooled me off in no time. :p I want to sue Ford for all the outdoor heat! Who wants to sign up for this class action!
I think we have a solid case here. By any chance, when you put it into gear did it drive normally? Because that would definitely be grounds to sue.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think we have a solid case here. By any chance, when you put it into gear did it drive normally? Because that would definitely be grounds to sue.
Yes, it drives fine every time I get in it, what is wrong with Ford!!!

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Maverick issues; lawsuit? Class Action???
I agree that a class action lawsuit is required for Maverick owners. After 2800 flawless miles a hail storm rained down dropping golf ball sized hail on the hood of my Maverick and dented it in several places.

Do I blame Mother Nature for this? NO! It has to be the soft aluminum hood that Ford put on the Maverick. Soft glass, soft paint, and now a soft hood!

Just for reference it really did hail here and it was large enough to dent the hood on my Maverick.....sigh. :(

Ford Maverick Maverick issues; lawsuit? Class Action??? IMG_20220821_085255564

Status
Not open for further replies.