First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got so hot yesterday that my Prius refused to charge the traction battery after windows up all day in direct sun. That battery was throwing warnings for beening too low this morning. That mpg was also very low since engine ran the entire trip to bring the battery out of dangerously low charge.
Sponsored

Photoguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got so hot yesterday that my Prius refused to charge the traction battery after windows up all day in direct sun. That battery was throwing warnings for beening too low this morning. That mpg was also very low since engine ran the entire trip to bring the battery out of dangerously low charge.
Good to know. This is my first summer with my hybrid.

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hotter than hell in Texas. Bought the wife a Cherry Lime Aid at Sonic.....got it at 3:57 so it was half off happy hour. THEN I went to HD for a quick plumbing part.

Kept the truck running, used the keypad to lock and unlock while AC was PUMPING.

FREEEEEEEEEEZING INSIDE!

This truck has GREAT AC!
We wouldn't have survived our 3 days in Texas without it. Visited my dad, he kept telling me all the great things about. I just kept thinking there is no way in hell Maui will ever be 100 degrees at midnight!🥵

Sponsored

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They did? WTF?

Why tf would they do such a stupid thing? Can you add it at all? Are they going the Toyota route and charging a subscription for remote start even from the key fob?
You can add it. I did. There's a couple of options: 1) Start-X Remote Starter Compatible with 2022-2023 Maverick || Plug N Play || 5 Minute Install; 2) FORD PERIMETER PLUS VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM. I used points and went with option 2. It's currently $235 and may be eligible for 25% off for Christmas in July. Installation on both is supposedly relatively easy, but I had it installed for $60, also using points.

By the way, I'm wondering if Ford will eventually start charging a subscription. I had a 2019 Hyundai Tucson before I got my first Maverick. It had a similar program which was free for the first 3 years, then a monthly charge. I wouldn't have paid, but I got my first Maverick before my free period ended.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hotter than hell in Texas. Bought the wife a Cherry Lime Aid at Sonic.....got it at 3:57 so it was half off happy hour. THEN I went to HD for a quick plumbing part.

Kept the truck running, used the keypad to lock and unlock while AC was PUMPING.

FREEEEEEEEEEZING INSIDE!

This truck has GREAT AC!
So, the Maverick AC kept the drink cold?? 🍹 And, of course, you were rewarded with kind words from the wife,,,,,,:unsure::giggle:

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With those rock bottom humidity levels in Phoenix and El Paso, the heat just doesn't have the same bite as it does in the Southeast.
It's currently 78% humidity in southern Alabama at nearly 10pm EST, with no rain versus 6% humidity in those western super dry areas. 98 degrees here is suffocating by comparison. 🤣
I've been in the deserts of Southern California, and had no idea of the temps being above 100 degrees, without someone mentioning it.
The little Maverick does have great AC.. thank goodness!

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Where are you, I put over 100,000 on our C-Max here in South Texas and never experienced anything like that. Just lower mpg due to the AC working harder.

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Prius. lol

Sponsored
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes! This! My son plays travel baseball and I always start my hybrid with the Fordpass app. That way I don't have to be close. It usually just runs the truck (including the AC) on battery unless the hybrid battery gets low. Then it will kick on the IC side. Super handy and the family cannot wait to get into the already cooled truck! Keeps tempers at bay in this heat!

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Phoenix native here....welcome to my world!
But it’s a dry heat 😜 Heat index hit 123 here in the Texas Hill country this past week 🫠 The danger in Phoenix is not realizing how hot it is because it’s so dry. A lot of heat stroke due to that. At least in Texas you sweat buckets and know you have to hydrate 😎

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They did? WTF?

Why tf would they do such a stupid thing? Can you add it at all? Are they going the Toyota route and charging a subscription for remote start even from the key fob?
Yes on the left is the 22 XLT Maverick key fob . On the right is the 23 XLT Maverick key fob you can see the difference no remote start on the 23
XLT Maverick 🤔💲👎⁉😕

Ford Maverick Maverick in hot temperature IMG_20230629_212339537

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes on the left is the 22 XLT Maverick key fob . On the right is the 23 XLT Maverick key fob you can see the difference no remote start on the 23
XLT Maverick 🤔💲👎⁉😕

IMG_20230629_212339537.jpg
Ford removed remote start on the fob from the Lux package, it is a optional add-on for MY23. Have to say I'm glad it was in the package for MY22. Then again I also have the temperature on the temp dial, so early Mavericks had all kinds of stuff that got taken away.
Sponsored