Sponsored

Maverick in body Shop.... no parts to be found! Please tell me why???

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just in time inventory leaves little left over for situations like this especially when considering high demand vehicles like the Maverick.
It isn't like it's hundreds at this point!!!:unsure: How about sparing 25 of these for the entire U.S.?????????? Or is Ford too big to deal with one accident at a time................ They do manage to let us order one at a time!!!
Sponsored

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford has really disappointed me! My 2022 Maverick was rearended in June of this year. After waiting for what we thought were all the parts it went to the body shop the first week in September. Here it is two months later and no truck. There were a couple parts that were bent that could not be seen until the tear down. It was hit on the right rear corner, damaging the bumper, bent the box, the tailgate, bent the box floor and bent the trailer hitch pretty bad. One of the main items that was damaged and could not be seen was the beam that runs from the back of the truck up under the rear of the cab. I am told it is boron steel?? and cannot be repaired. Has to be replaced.

Body shop contacts Ford dealer, Ford dealer tells body shop part is unavailable with expected availability indefinite. That was 3 weeks ago. Now Ford customer service tells me, and the body shop they have no way to know if the part is available or even made because they cannot see that on their systems. No one seems to know if the part is even made??? Ford parts is telling the body shop it could be a month or possibly 3 or 4 months before that is available. I hope they are just being pessimistic.

I waited 16 months for the truck, drove it 7 months and it was damaged. Has 8000 miles on it. Insurance company will not total it out and no one wants to pay full price for a truck sitting in a body shop. Wish someone at Ford would know if a part is available or not. If they do I would love for them to contact me so I could put them in touch with the body shop so they could exchange part numbers! Cannot believe that replacement parts for vehicles are not available. Nuts!
I managed a dealer body shop for 38 years and this happens once in a while, I knew it was going to happen with the Maverick. Not much can be done, you can try to ask the dealer to contact the area manager and sometimes he can make a call, I hope your body shop is buying parts from the dealer you bought the vehicle that will help.

bighead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Notice how the official FORD people on this site have yet to chime in on this one? Issues like this are cancer to them and they want nothing of it. They're happy to help with "mud flaps" or "why didn't I get a full size spare?" kinds of issues. But this? No way.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Many younger people don't want to do the jobs we need but rather be podcasters and social media idiots.
Username checks out....

Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like they would be required by law to provide parts. Who would buy a vehicle that can’t be repaired?

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It is probably just a matter of time until the insurance companies decide these trucks might be uninsurable, at least at current rates.
insurance rates are rising dramatically, globally. no insurer is ever going to decline coverage; it will just become so expensive that people choose other vehicles that are cheaper to insure, or they drive illegally without insurance.

I knew it was happening in the USA, but was just reading of people complaining about it in Canada and the UK. it actually sounded like the UK has it even worse than here.

KrayzieMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mav Lariat Tremor 23 GLC300 23 C8 24 GR Corolla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a brand new 2023 GLC300 in april--in may, I had to take it in because the car died--no accident, nothing. It's STILL there. You have no idea how bad this can get lol

Orange Devil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took a year to receive truck and it took three months for parts on back panel of bed
Sponsored