Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Got my Maverick out of the shop. Caliber Collision did great job and the people were great. The rental company gave me an Audi A5. Slim Pickins. I am vgoing to send the the chiropractic bill for having to get in and out of that thing. Like the Mav better.
Sponsored

A.Bursell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What did you have done?

Lately there are a couple giant corporate bodyshop companies that are taking over all the independents. I don't know if it's better or worse. My last experience it seemed they were more into how quick can we get it in and out vs. best repair possible.

OP
OP
Barksdale123

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What did you have done?

Lately there are a couple giant corporate bodyshop companies that are taking over all the independents. I don't know if it's better or worse. My last experience it seemed they were more into how quick can we get it in and out vs. best repair possible.
I feel like if the insurance company (USAA) recommends the company, they must have done their homework as well as having considerable experience with them. They said I have a lifetime warranty on all work done. I don't know if they would offer that to a younger person. ;) Staff was very professional, polite, and kept promises, or called when not possible.

Sponsored

MaveLick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM REBEL (Soon to be Maverick)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What did you have done?

For nation/state wide collision centers, the work depends on the location. I brought a car into one of those shops for them to fix bad paint job, the work was horrible and it took forever. The surfaces were not properly sand down prior to repaint. Bubbles were everywhere on clear coat. However, the bubbles were buffed out by the technician and it only took him 5-10 minutes. Why did they do that before I got there???

OP's car seems to be taken care by a good shop.

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That bumper to fender gap don't look great. Wider at the top and almost touching at the bottom. My OCD could not abide that...

Here's a reference photo from a brand new truck

Ford Maverick Got it back from body shop IMG_6109

OP
OP
Barksdale123

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You must have CDO. It's like OCD but the letters are in the right order. I WAS happy wiyj it.
Sponsored