First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No just which one would get me to 400 MTE longer miles I can drive before worrying about filling up like if I know a place is 400 miles and my truck gets 400 miles well I know when i get to my destination I need to fill up not like oh my truck only has 313 MTE hope I am not on the expressway and have to worry about finding a town with a gas station and then getting back on the expressway to go the extra miles but others have said it could be the pump it could be several factors so I am stuck finding towns along the way for a gas station and hope getting back on the expressway isn't a pain plus not running out of gas
The MTE reading will get you that far if you continue to drive the same way for the rest of the tank you are currently using.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe that may have to do with the gas nozzles and/or the when the dispenser clicks off...Basically you're able to pump a little more gas in your tank from Marathon. So it's probably juys mechanics....
Is Marathon stations motto "Buy Here if you are in for a LONG HAUL"?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope this thread never ends. I hope it becomes the longest thread in forum history and consumes the entire front page for weeks on end. We will all post in this thread, this is our new home, our new town square. All hail the miles-to-emtpy thread.
Anybody see a post lately by the native American who bought a maverick hybrid to travel to his native dance sessions?

Sponsored

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You’re not serious, right?

Quaboag

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Has anybody found a popular gas station such as Walmart that you actually get the amount of gas the Maverick can hold Walmart has me at full at 313 miles to empty i have had Marathon give me 400 miles to empty but Marathon Gas stations isn't that popular
When I fill mine at any gas station it says 544 to 610

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Valero is the original name of the San Antonio Alamo. So remember the Valero. The gas company headquarters was here.

itzyoboipaul

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Home depot propane gas FTW

Tyree1n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anybody found a popular gas station such as Walmart that you actually get the amount of gas the Maverick can hold Walmart has me at full at 313 miles to empty i have had Marathon give me 400 miles to empty but Marathon Gas stations isn't that popular
If you're talking about at the time of fill up that is not going to make any difference because your car is not going to get you a close to True reading until you start driving where it can regulate itself it can go up or go down

Sponsored

Jeffr4JC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat Fx4 w/4k tow in Carbonized Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I drive city highway and expressway depending on where I am going
Miles till empty is estimated by how many miles per gallon you are getting at the time. You will get more miles till empty if your last tank was driven conservatively (highway with cruise control). If you drove your last tank in town, stop and go traffic, you will get a lot less miles till empty. Try clearing your miles till empty with every tank fill up and see the differences as the computer recalculates!

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Higher octane can mean more power, especially in a turbo engine by allowing more boost. Higher octane never means more MPG. Octane has nothing to do with flash point. It the measure of resistance to detonation and nothing else.
Yes resistance to detonation is what I was trying to say. If a gas has a higher flash point than a gas with a lower one, then the gas with a lower flashpoint will detonate sooner than a gas with a higher flashpoint. Higher compression means that the fuel and air mixture will be at a higher temperature and thus you don't want pre-detonation before the cylinder reaches TDC.

MavChris

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT, 22 Bronco Sport, 19 Flex SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IDK....I fill up at Sams Club (not top tier) most times and MTE is usually right around 500 in 2.0 EcoBoost. I suppose carbon is going to encapsulate my valves and need walnut blasting by 75k miles :unsure:?? Be interested to know if any owners of higher milage Mavericks with Ecoboost have noticed any issues with carbon buildup on valves(especially ones that don't use top tier gas all the time)?? Is this still an issue with this particular Direct Inject engine??