First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I apologize first off for maybe beating a dead horse, but I am at work and I am just racking my brain on what to do. I ordered a mav w/ 4k and fx4. At first I didn't really care about losing eco/sport driving modes. I really don't want to change my order and remove the fx4 because I have it in my mind that it will delay me even more. I feel like my dealer does things the wrong way and it will almost start a "new order" today.. I ordered a lariat so I already have the bigger screen and such... so I don't know if I need the mud/sand modes. Maybe one day I'll take her camping and may need it. I plan to be more outdoorsy/adventurous with this truck. I'd love to road trip to Colorado, etc. I live in Florida and will mostly be on flat asphalt, maybe some grass/dirt trails. I don't think I really need sport mode but eco sounds useful. Part of the reason we bought this truck was the better MPG. Does anyone have real world numbers of normal mpg and eco mpg? I can already tell this post is annoying, I just wanted some other peoples input to make my decision. Thank you ahead of time.
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly just don't stomp the gas and you'll be running in eco. Drive under 75 on the interstate. You'll be getting 30mpg in Florida. Eco might buy you 1mpg at the expense of any enjoyment and could put you in danger in a situation where you do need to put your foot down because the available power is effectively turned off.

For sport, mud and ruts basically acts the same as far as I can tell so far. Fast acceleration and altered gearing to keep the revs high. I did not that slippery is very throttle reducing, might be a suitable eco substitute.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depending how adventurous you are with software modifications, it sounds like forscan will be able to swap out drive modes relatively soon. They have already figured it out on the bronco sport forums.
When they get it going on the Maverick I'll probably swap out the mud/ruts for eco on my 4k/fx4 build.

OP
OP
ThrowbacK

ThrowbacK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depending how adventurous you are with software modifications, it sounds like forscan will be able to swap out drive modes relatively soon. They have already figured it out on the bronco sport forums.
When they get it going on the Maverick I'll probably swap out the mud/ruts for eco on my 4k/fx4 build.
Yea I heard about that. Definitely would need to pay someone to do it for me probably. I just would hate voiding my warranty. (Hoping I never have to use it though)

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not order FX4 on purpose. Dealers should be clear about what is sacrificed, losing sport and eco modes was not for me to gain a couple of off road modes I probably will never use. All you have left for regular road driving when not towing is normal mode. Let's face it, this low profile truck is no rock crawler, a rock would tear up the underside after sliding past the skid plate. Regular AWD will get your toys over the dirt road to the trailhead just fine.

Reviewers have said the sport mode is really fun to drive and is better for passing because it holds the gears longer.

Also, skid plate with 15 screws has to be removed with each oil change and I did not want FX4 stickers messing up my clean paint job.
Sponsored