Sponsored

pac87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
Undecided
Just wanted to see who’s using their maverick as a work truck? Obviously fleet companies are. But I’m looking to see if any contractors, electricians, plumbers, etc. are using the Maverick as a daily work vehicle or doubling as a work truck/daily driver.
Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am using my new hybrid as a feed/chore truck on my small mixed livestock farm. It is replacing my 2004 Mazda pickup.

I can do half my chores before the gas engine comes on. I can easily reach everything in the bed. Then putter up the back roads to Tractor Supply for a load of seed, and a stop at Bojangles for a spicy chicken biscuit, while achieving excellent gas mileage.

Ford Maverick Maverick as a work truck / in a trade? Show yours FeedTruck_20221014

Ford Maverick Maverick as a work truck / in a trade? Show yours OatSeed_20221014
Ford Maverick Maverick as a work truck / in a trade? Show yours MPG_20221015
Ford Maverick Maverick as a work truck / in a trade? Show yours Creamy_20220417

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do and love it. I worked out of a superduty for years. It’s not as spacious inside, I can’t put my computer on the console like a desk anymore, but other than that it’s great. I can reach all my toolboxes without jumping up in the bed, and can still carry all that I need to. I purchased the ford rigid roll up, and it’s reasonably water tight and I don’t worry so much about theft if I need to stay overnight at a motel.

Ford Maverick Maverick as a work truck / in a trade? Show yours E147F86E-2BCB-4C92-ACBF-F3CAE47C5DCE

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not as an for work truck but I've worked the hell out of mine building a new house to live in. I've ran it on multiple trips some with a 6 x 14 utility trailer over 100+ miles both ways to pick up materials since there is almost nothing local that is priced reasonably. That also includes transporting tools and such back and forth to the site. I also like that the bed is low enough I use it with a single sawhorse to cut wood and siding and have also used it to hang siding as a moving ladder and transport for fiber cement board siding which is heavy stuff. The siding I load up about as many pieces as a bed extender can handle, drive to about where I am going to hang them, use the extender and bed to support the pieces as I cut them and then hang, major labor saver doing it that way using the truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

pac87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
Undecided
Not as an for work truck but I've worked the hell out of mine building a new house to live in. I've ran it on multiple trips some with a 6 x 14 utility trailer over 100+ miles both ways to pick up materials since there is almost nothing local that is priced reasonably. That also includes transporting tools and such back and forth to the site. I also like that the bed is low enough I use it with a single sawhorse to cut wood and siding and have also used it to hang siding as a moving ladder and transport for fiber cement board siding which is heavy stuff. The siding I load up about as many pieces as a bed extender can handle, drive to about where I am going to hang them, use the extender and bed to support the pieces as I cut them and then hang, major labor saver doing it that way using the truck.
Glad to hear that. Hybrid or eco?

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a local auto parts business that uses a mav for deliveries. See it all the time. I think it's a base hybrid which is absolutely perfect considering the price and fuel economy.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m interested to hear from those of you who are using your maverick as a work truck in a trade. I recognize this isnt it’s intended purpose lol but for those who care, here’s my experience so far:

As a Millwright i dont need my vehicle to carry material. Just tools basically. I work with steel… so even when i have our company F250, the material usually meets me on site. The maverick handles the weight of my tools beautifully, which is expected… i probably carry about 200lbs of stuff around most of the time. But even when i need to pull a job box and welder in a trailer in a pinch it handles that well too. So for the price of the vehicle, and the fuel economy, I’m super happy with how the maverick handles being a light work truck. My only gripe is i wish it had the 5.5’ box. I get why it’s not. But i really wish it had it. Would i sacrifice cab space for it?… probably not honestly lol but it would be really really nice… Basically i want to fit one more row of packouts lol anyways I’ve attached a photo of my current daily set up, both in the truck and as constructed as a mobile workstation

Ford Maverick Maverick as a work truck / in a trade? Show yours FF8DEEDE-EB35-4099-8819-DBE10EE6006D

Ford Maverick Maverick as a work truck / in a trade? Show yours 9F7E1E85-3B9A-485F-9D26-3D9F45BB2125
Sponsored