Sponsored

Who's put on some mileage on Hybrid Maverick as a work truck?

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm only at 1,000 miles after two months of ownership. :p
Sponsored

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
30K miles with 255/60r18 tires on. Great truck I'm in the dirt everyday on job sites and have yet to bottom out. I did have the axels go bad under warranty.

OP
OP
r8drskullz

r8drskullz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Douglas J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that’s a truck

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pricey?
I have a 2022 XLT Hybrid and it was the lowest price vehicle that Ford makes!
A new vehicle is absolutely pricy compared to what I call a work truck. As in, one that goes to the dump full of construction debris.

Ford Maverick Who's put on some mileage on Hybrid Maverick as a work truck? Capture.JPG

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lots of people with brand new work trucks. Stop with the non-sense. Companies wouldn't show up to most job sites in something that old, leaking oil and coolant all over a customers driveway. That would be tacky at best. The only people still driving those are teens and people who drive them till they die, with one owner (at least in my area).

Sponsored

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots of people with brand new work trucks. Stop with the non-sense. Companies wouldn't show up to most job sites in something that old, leaking oil and coolant all over a customers driveway. That would be tacky at best. The only people still driving those are teens and people who drive them till they die, with one owner (at least in my area).
OP didn't say "company" trucks. I'm assuming individuals or land owners with trucks. Typically in the South and East, they have one nice truck and one "work truck". Then again, I've never paid more than 8k for a vehicle in 25 years before the Mav. Yes, I do hire contractors that show up to my house in old "work trucks", even recently.

Virginia has been historically liberal with "Farm Use" and historic tags, so that's part of the work truck term as well. Hey, If I had a work truck, it would parked next to the Maverick. Hmmmm.....

Last edited:

MavFab

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wanted to know how many Maverick hybrid owner that were one of the few lucky ones to buy first. Has anyone put on some serious miles and put that bad boy to work as a truck.
I've been loving my 23 Cactus Gray Hybrid. Picked it up late May 2023 and put 6100 miles on it so far. Been using it for our lawn care business, primarily towing a 60 inch zero-turn on a small trailer, roughly 1400 pound trailer weight. It performs very well pulling this load, starting\stopping performance is fantastic . Getting in the 25-30 MPG range towing the mower.

peepsnet

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0L V8 STX / 2015 Explorer XLT 3.5L V6
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
picked up 7/28/22
i'm at 50,500 now
no issues

click on my Fuelly below for more

adirthechen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’ll stay out of the “what is a work truck” discussion lol

Just got my Maverick, and will be using it for my job as a plumber, so call it what you will. I’m on the tools half the time or less, and doing project management, quotes, and sales the rest of the time.

Here’s my bed loaded, but will be making some changes. Will be keeping some of the more valuable stuff in the back seat, and leaving more room for material.

So far I didn’t notice any difference at all from totally empty to this. This stuff is all pretty light, but it is probably 500-700 lbs all together. I will be putting it through the paces over the next few months, loading it up to about 1300-1500 lbs of stuff, and will report back with progress.

I had an 06 Tacoma SR back in the day, and it was great, but this does seem to handle the weight better so far.

Ford Maverick Who's put on some mileage on Hybrid Maverick as a work truck? IMG_7866

Ford Maverick Who's put on some mileage on Hybrid Maverick as a work truck? IMG_7867

Ford Maverick Who's put on some mileage on Hybrid Maverick as a work truck? IMG_7868
Sponsored