Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Introduction:
Hello fellow enthusiasts, I'm Mau, and I'm here to share my one-year journey with the 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4. After clocking 10,000 miles, from bustling city streets to the challenging dunes of Huacachina and the high altitudes of the Andes in Peru, this Maverick has seen a lot!

Design & Aesthetics: A Fresh Take on Pickups
Right off the bat, the Maverick's design struck a chord with me. Ford really outdid themselves here. The exterior design is a refreshing departure from its siblings, the Ranger and F-150, with an aesthetic that’s more me. Inside, the cabin is a blend of practicality and style, with those copper-brown accents and a bluish-gray palette adding a classy touch. Yes, the plastics are a bit on the softer side, but hey, they’ve held up well so far!

Engine & Performance: Turbocharged Trailblazer
Now, let's talk heart and muscle. The 2-liter turbocharged engine, packing 250 horsepower, is an absolute gem, especially at 5,000 meters above sea level in the Andes. Whether it's overtaking convoys on steep climbs or maneuvering through city traffic, this engine never feels out of breath.

Handling & Suspension: Jack of All Terrains
Handling? It's like a race car in truck's clothing! Curves are a delight, and the suspension – oh, the suspension! It's a beautiful balance of rugged and refined. The FX4 package adds an extra layer of capability, whether I'm navigating dirt roads or cruising highways.

Modifications: My Maverick, My Way
I couldn’t resist some personal touches. Those original Scorpio AT tires? Swapped with Pirelli Scorpion AT+ 245s for an aggressive stance and better grip. Add to that a Rough Country 2-inch lift kit, and now we're talking over 11 inches of ground clearance. This Maverick doesn't just look like a pickup; it’s a statement!

Tech & Infotainment: A Mixed Bag
Here's where the Maverick shows its quirks. The infotainment system, with Ford Sync 2.5, isn't the snappiest. It has its moments of freeze and reboot, which can be a bit of a downer. But, thanks to the Motorola MA1 Android Auto wireless connector, connectivity is a breeze. Just hop in, and in 30 seconds, you're connected – no strings attached!

Practicality & Safety: City Slicker with a Wild Side
What I love is how it fits into my urban lifestyle. Parking? No sweat. The Maverick's size is perfect for city escapades. The intelligent all-wheel drive is a marvel, dynamically shifting power for optimal traction and stability, whether I’m tackling city corners or sandy dunes.

Off-Roading: Dune Conqueror
Speaking of dunes, the sand mode in Huacachina's challenging dunes was a revelation. Even with smaller tires, the Maverick climbed every hill, proving its mettle as a surprisingly capable off-roader.

The Maverick's Kryptonite: Missing Manual Shifters
If I had to nitpick, it’s the absence of manual shifters. Descending the Andes could have been tricky without them, but the "tow mode" became my unexpected hero, providing the necessary engine braking.

Final Thoughts: A Maverick in True Sense
After a year with the Maverick, it’s clear – this isn't just a vehicle; it’s a versatile companion. Sure, it has its quirks and could use some tech upgrades, but the overall experience? It’s a ride I’d happily take again. Whether you’re an urban dweller, an off-road enthusiast, or someone who appreciates a well-rounded machine, the 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 is a contender worth considering.

Here's to more adventures and miles on this trusty steed!

PS: Excuse the poor drone video...it doesn't do justice to my Mav.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 4.42.16 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 4.42.18 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 4.42.18 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 4.42.18 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 4.42.19 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 4.42.19 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 4.42.19 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 4.42.20 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 4.42.20 PM.jpeg
Excellent review! Ford should hire you to do their Maverick advertisements.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These are Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus tires, size 245/70/R17. These should raise the ground clearance by approximately an inch.

As for fuel consumption, it averages around 7.4 liters per 100 kilometers, or 17.5 miles per gallon. I do have a penchant for driving fast and often press hard on the accelerator, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the performance of every gallon of fuel 🔥
lol, well I get 25 when I'm not being heavy footed (like I was last tank just for one fun drive) and that's on 245/65R17's. But if I was to drive exclusively in sport mode and spirited, I suspect below 20 would be normal - or if it was mostly off road.

I really had to zoom in to tell the difference. The sidewall looks very similar to the Wildpeaks.

Anyways, glad you are enjoying it!

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you mind sharing what you paid for it? Im curious what the cost difference is between the states and South America.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do you mind sharing what you paid for it? Im curious what the cost difference is between the states and South America.
I'd be curious too. The initial sales to Brazil were Lariats with the EB and AWD.

Close to $50,000. 😬😬😬

Ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect
Engine
Undecided
From Ford Peru website:

Maverick
Desde US$ 29,990.00 -

OP
OP
Mauve

Mauve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat (South America)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was 37K USD last year in Peru when I purchased it around August.

Ford Maverick Mau's One-Year Peru Adventure with the 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 WhatsApp Image 2023-11-15 at 4.46.20 PM

OP
OP
Mauve

Mauve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat (South America)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why not a Hilux? ;)

Other countries get cool things like diesel Mazda wagons and diesel Toyota 4x4s.
Those would be forbidden fruit here, much like your Maverick must be down there. Surfing Peru (Chicama and other spots) is my life list.
Chicama is awesome!! Definitely worth visiting. Poemape, and Pacasmayo are also great spots nearby.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is just a stunning picture.....incredibly nuanced & complex. You should consider selling prints. I would buy one.

Well done!
Sponsored