Sponsored

Making changes to your order AFTER you are already at Priority Code 02

Have you been able to change your order AFTER hitting Priority Code 02?

• Total voters

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update on my quest to drop the Spray-in Bedliner while at Priority Code 02

Like many of you, I've heard (and said) that changes are "locked" once your order gets previewed and you get bumped up to Priority Code 02. That was a problem for me because I've been blocked from production by the Spray-in liner.

This week, I worked with my salesman and his manager, who worked with someone at the region, to try to get me out of that box. It took a couple of days, but they were able to (1) unlock my order, (2) drop the bedliner, and (3) reestablish my priority code as an 02.

The only possibly negative change it that previously the DORA said "Time of Preview: 08/19/21 14:37:48" and now it says "Time of Preview: 09/24/21 13:54:17." Maybe that puts me farther back in line a bit, I don't know.

Moral: If you're stuck like I was, there's no harm in asking.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DryHeat

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[Someone on another thread asked me for more info on this. I'll copy that info here to keep it in one place.]

Pretty much everything I know about this is in the post I linked to above. But here's a little more.

One thing I would add is that I convinced my dealer that the region was unfairly holding me hostage -- forcing me to stay with an order that they cannot build -- just because they previewed it at a time when they thought they could build it.

My dealer had to make some calls -- probably to somebody at the region, but they didn't tell me who -- and convince them of the same thing. The change was only possible with the help of someone at the region who has the ability to unlock the order for changes. I believe the changes were actually made by the dealer after that.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Like many of you, I've heard (and said) that changes are "locked" once your order gets previewed and you get bumped up to Priority Code 02. That was a problem for me because I've been blocked from production by the Spray-in liner.

This week, I worked with my salesman and his manager, who worked with someone at the region, to try to get me out of that box. It took a couple of days, but they were able to (1) unlock my order, (2) drop the bedliner, and (3) reestablish my priority code as an 02.
Your order only stays at Priority Code 02 from Tuesday (Preview) until Thursday (Scheduling).

If your order doesn't get scheduled the priority returns to the 10-19 it was originally assigned on Friday.

From Friday until Monday you will be allowed to make changes. Then the Tuesday pulldown to Priority 02 for Preview happens again and your order is locked through Thursday.

CharlieR

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your order only stays at Priority Code 02 from Tuesday (Preview) until Thursday (Scheduling).

If your order doesn't get scheduled the priority returns to the 10-19 it was originally assigned on Friday.

From Friday until Monday you will be allowed to make changes. Then the Tuesday pulldown to Priority 02 for Preview happens again and your order is locked through Thursday.
Hmm. My dealer has sent me screenshots of them trying to change my order on a Friday with the Ford system giving an error that they can’t make changes to a priority code 02.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That makes me wonder if I have been at a 2 also. My dealer was having a hard time trying to remove splash guards but was finally able to when he tried it this past Friday.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DryHeat

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Can you tell me where you got this information?

It conflicts with what I've seen on here, and with what my dealer told me as he was making his calls to the regional guy. I'd like to check it out and see which is correct. If you're right and he's wrong, that sort of changes things.

[EDIT] @huunvubu responded to this here:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...r-production-build-week-11-22.2492/post-54911

[EDIT] Looks like @huunvubu re-posted the same info below. I responded on the other thread that the video he posted doesn't say what he thought it said. He responded that other videos do, but did not link one. I'm not going to search through all of @fordvideoguy's videos looking for it. So... Your Mileage May Vary...

Last edited:

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you tell me where you got this information?

It conflicts with what I've seen on here, and with what my dealer told me as he was making his calls to the regional guy. I'd like to check it out and see which is correct. If you're right and he's wrong, that sort of changes things.
Multiple sources:

First one is my own experience with my dealer in making changes to my order. I did three different changes to my order over time.

The first two changes were done within hours of the request.

The last one I requested was on a Monday but the fleet sales manager was off on that Monday and when he tried to make changes to my order on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday he was unable to do so because my priority code was at 2. On Friday he was able to make the changes because my priority reverted back to 10.

Second one if from Tim Bratz's video's. This is one where he mentions the pull down and the revert when not scheduled. He has others that mentioned the 10/19 to 2 on Tuesday and back to 10/19 when not selected for build by Friday.

If I come across the others I will update them here. In one he specifically mentions to make changes to your order Friday through Monday.

Last edited:

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The only possibly negative change it that previously the DORA said "Time of Preview: 08/19/21 14:37:48" and now it says "Time of Preview: 09/24/21 13:54:17." Maybe that puts me farther back in line a bit, I don't know.

Moral: If you're stuck like I was, there's no harm in asking.
Why would you want to change, code 2 means it's in line for production. When I spoke with people on the 800# they have seen many Mavericks with Spray in bedliners (like mine) move from 10 to 2.

OP
OP
DryHeat

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would you want to change, code 2 means it's in line for production. When I spoke with people on the 800# they have seen many Mavericks with Spray in bedliners (like mine) move from 10 to 2.
There doesn't seem to be a problem with stand-alone spray-in bedliners getting to Priority Code 02. Mine was at Priority Code 02 beginning on 8/19/21.

The problem is with stand-alone spray-in bedliners getting scheduled for production. Mine hasn't been. My dealer tells me he hears that this option is constrained. @fordvideoguy says they won't be scheduled anytime soon.

My choice was to remove the spray-in option to increase my chance of getting scheduled. I was able to do it while retaining Priority Code 02, so it seemed a good bet. And I can always get Line-X to do it for me later.

CharlieR

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
There doesn't seem to be a problem with stand-alone spray-in bedliners getting to Priority Code 02. Mine was at Priority Code 02 beginning on 8/19/21.

The problem is with stand-alone spray-in bedliners getting scheduled for production. Mine hasn't been. My dealer tells me he hears that this option is constrained. @fordvideoguy says they won't be scheduled anytime soon.

My choice was to remove the spray-in option to increase my chance of getting scheduled. I was able to do it while retaining Priority Code 02, so it seemed a good bet. And I can always get Line-X to do it for me later.
So, were you lucky enough to be scheduled for build? I was not.

OP
OP
DryHeat

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, were you lucky enough to be scheduled for build? I was not.
Sadly, no. I'm pretty sure my dealer exhausted their September allocation before this last 9/30 round.

I should have visited the dealer to change this earlier, but I was out of the country from August until last week.

The dealer should get a new allocation for October, so I have some hope for next week.
Sponsored