Sponsored

Priority code changes

T McG

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are dealers manipulating Priority Codes to get their friends, salesperson personal orders, the cool guys, the pretty girls and repeat customers their trucks faster?

June hybrid ordered…In August, I was PC2…dealer called and said I had to drop my hitch to get scheduled. Long story short, I said ok. My PC was then 16. I assume this dealer has used the allocations in order of PC? With that being said, I’m still unscheduled. I realize Ford moved to a “no change” when in PC2…I assume some of that had to do with them scheming the system.

I can’t decide if I should bake them cookies and beg or complain and be mad…
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My experience with priority code, I called Ford one day and was 19. The next day I got scheduled.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I know your not cool or a pretty girl now.

Edit - This was intended to be light hearted humor. And I should have recommended the cookies.

Last edited:

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Priority Codes only matter to that particular dealership. If they have a larger number of orders, the ones with lower numbers are looked at first. When your number switches to under 10 is when Ford is looking at the order for production. "Allocations" is how you will get hosed. If you are at a lower volume dealership the wait will be loner than a high volume one .

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Priority Codes only matter to that particular dealership. If they have a larger number of orders, the ones with lower numbers are looked at first.
I think this is right IF all other aspects of the order are the same. (No constraints)

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why must you respond to every single post? Shouldn’t you be out driving your truck instead of trying to build your MTC profile? Seems like you’re quite lonely…
Addicted, yes. Lonely? Absolutely not. I don’t have my truck. Id also rather do this than dive back into my day trading addiction that lost me $50k. Your post is another in a long line of rumors and histeria. I understand the frustration and reasoning. However it seems priority codes haven’t been able to help anyone. The dealer can’t put you in a 2 or change the order while your a 2.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I called the dealer back in March they told me I was priority code 19, but since I was waiting so long they would switch it to 10 (this was verified when I called FMC marketing to get my order number and sales code). I just had an online chat today (11 May) and my priority code is 02. Does this mean I'm getting closer?

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I called the dealer back in March they told me I was priority code 19, but since I was waiting so long they would switch it to 10 (this was verified when I called FMC marketing to get my order number and sales code). I just had an online chat today (11 May) and my priority code is 02. Does this mean I'm getting closer?
The dealership can assign 10-19 to retail orders. They only matter internally to the dealership's orders.

Ford's schedulers can move the order to 02. That is good, and means that they are looking to schedule it ASAP. If you have constrained options, it still may take a couple of months to schedule. I was at 02 for a while before mine scheduled.

It is a good sign!

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealership can assign 10-19 to retail orders. They only matter internally to the dealership's orders.

Ford's schedulers can move the order to 02. That is good, and means that they are looking to schedule it ASAP. If you have constrained options, it still may take a couple of months to schedule. I was at 02 for a while before mine scheduled.

It is a good sign!

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It is a good sign!
Since mine is just an XL, Velocity Blue with the only add on being a hitch receiver, I'm not anticipating any restraints.
Sponsored