First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Nothing sucks more than going to a meet opening your hook, and having the same crap everyone else has. And although technically, Steeda makes a strut tower brace for the 2022 Ford Maverick, I opted to build my own! I say technically because the Steeda part was not designed for the Maverick but rather the Escape just so happens that it also fits the Brocon Sport and the Maverick. Several people have complained about it pressing hard on the return fuel line at the firewall! I made corrections for that, and at the end of the day, no regret, well may be one! I should have outsourced a can of Ford Oxford white paint instead of Krylon…
Sponsored

shocontinental

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Duplicolor has oxford white in a spray can.

Looks good but I would lose the Ford Performance sticker, it’s not a Ford Performance part, cheapens the whole deal.

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 CC XLT, 21 F150 RCSB, 22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
100% applaud your creativity! It's refreshing to see the ingenuity. I flirted with this idea for a STB and was considering a multi point attachment for rigidity. Who knows what may come of it BUT your passion is amazing! Thanks for sharing. The formatting alone of that video must have been demanding. You won the internet today! 😉

OP
OP
CubanRedneck

CubanRedneck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Duplicolor has oxford white in a spray can.

Looks good but I would lose the Ford Performance sticker, it’s not a Ford Performance part, cheapens the whole deal.
LOL I hear you, but ...you know kids in here are always having a hard-on for the ST stuff I figure I throw them a bone. I already got the paint... don't worry it is getting redone.

Ford Maverick Making a DIY Strut Bar for the Ford Maverick maverick+st

OP
OP
CubanRedneck

CubanRedneck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
100% applaud your creativity! It's refreshing to see the ingenuity. I flirted with this idea for a STB and was considering a multi point attachment for rigidity. Who knows what may come of it BUT your passion is amazing! Thanks for sharing. The formatting alone of that video must have been demanding. You won the internet today! 😉

... thank you, very kind of you, much appreciated!

Sponsored

OP
OP
CubanRedneck

CubanRedneck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
.... I hear you and this is something I mentioned in the video! Whether you need STB or not depends on your driving style and what future mods you have in store for your Mav! My truck is getting lowered, and getting wider and taller wheels and tires. The little bit of understeering will only get worse with future mods. And I am looking to try some of the autocross events they have out here in Southwest Florida.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone suggested putting a string between the two points, and then setting up a GoPro under the hood to see how much flex actually occurs. I wonder if anyone has done this? Without data, it would be hard for me to justify something like this.

If there is some flex, I question how much your device would actually help. All of the right-angles from the spacers, and the metal that you bent with C-clamps, doesn't seem like a very rigid configuration.

All of that said, I like the DIY approach to solving problems. All that really matters is whether you are happy with it!

Last edited:

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The holes you have drilled at the top, allow moisture and conensation in, but (forgive me if I'm wrong) I didn't see a drain hole on the bottom. Just something to think about?

OP
OP
CubanRedneck

CubanRedneck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The holes you have drilled at the top, allow moisture and conensation in, but (forgive me if I'm wrong) I didn't see a drain hole on the bottom. Just something to think about?
.... nice catch! But yes the pilot holes go all the way across and there is also one in the center

OP
OP
CubanRedneck

CubanRedneck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Someone suggested putting a string between the two points, and then setting up a GoPro under the hood to see how much flex actually occurs. I wonder if anyone has done this? Without data, it would be hard for me to justify something like this.

If there is some flex, I question how much your device would actually help. All of the right-angles from the spacers, and the metal that you bent with C-clamps, doesn't seem like a very rigid configuration.

All of that said, I like the DIY approach to solving problems. All that really matters is whether you are happy with it!
… please know that this is a straightforward design. Whenever possible, a multi-anchor point approach is much better! But as I said in the video, something is better than nothing! STB used to be pretty standard, but in a cost-cutting measure, they have gone away. The attached pic is a Mustang with a factory-installed STB, and know that Ford still offers them as a part:

https://accessories.ford.com/products/2005-2014-mustang-gt-strut-tower-brace

https://accessories.ford.com/products/2015-2021-mustang-gt350r-strut-tower-brace-kit

As to the strength of the metal, you are pushing on the long side where the .250 bar can handle several times the vehicle's weight! And trust me, the C-Clamp was not easy to turn!

Ford Maverick Making a DIY Strut Bar for the Ford Maverick 001

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL I hear you, but ...you know kids in here are always having a hard-on for the ST stuff I figure I throw them a bone. I already got the paint... don't worry it is getting redone.

maverick+st.jpg
this is the type of truck that would benefit from strut to strut reinforcement....

Me B

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Fusion, 2001 Ranger, Ford F53
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi,
I decided to make my own strut tower brace. $77.

Ford Maverick Making a DIY Strut Bar for the Ford Maverick IMG_3058.JPG

Ford Maverick Making a DIY Strut Bar for the Ford Maverick IMG_3060.JPG

Ford Maverick Making a DIY Strut Bar for the Ford Maverick IMG_3061.JPG

Ford Maverick Making a DIY Strut Bar for the Ford Maverick IMG_3063.JPG
Sponsored