First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
:):) It has been raining since i took delivery of my Maverick. Yesterday it was 90+ degrees and the SUN was shining. After washing my (Area 51, Hybrid, Lux, 360) truck I decided to take a spin. When i returned home I realized that my sunglass compartment would not open. :):)

Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

Update - dealer ordered a totally new sunglass holder. Supposed to be in by Next Tuesday.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was the straw that broke the camels back. I’m coming out and getting the Santa Cruz.

Pacman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Demand that the dealership give you a loaner while they investigate the issue! I knew we shouldn’t have ordered a first model-year vehicle.🤦‍♂️😂

OP
OP

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well my glasses were still on my face - I was trying to put them away at the time. I have a doctors appointment at the Ford dealership set for Tuesday.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well my glasses were still on my face - I was trying to put them away at the time. I have a doctors appointment at the Ford dealership set for Tuesday.
I presume the doctor is an ophthalmologist? Actually, considering wait time at most MD's offices, using that term may be appropriate. Wait time at the Ford service center may be more than meets the eye!!!!!! ;)

The only thing "unstuck" about my Maverick is the build week; it keeps moving back!!!

Last edited:

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick sunglass storage bin stuck when new too. I had to fiddle with it the first few days, however it has worked properly for the past two months of ownership, albeit not smoothly.
I continue to notice that it has a cheap feel to it, like one of those cheap containers with a plastic hinge that you know won't last.

Last edited:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same. Still sticks a bit after 1 month.

XLTLUXCG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia - soon to be XLT Maverick

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Demand that the dealership give you a loaner while they investigate the issue! I knew we shouldn’t have ordered a first model-year vehicle.🤦‍♂️😂
I'm curious to see what the Maverick morphs into five years from now. If I still love mine as much as I do now, I'll buy another after paying this one off!

Sponsored

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I presume the doctor is an ophthalmologist? Actually, considering wait time at most MD's offices, using that term may be appropriate. Wait time at the Ford service center may be more than meets the eye!!!!!! ;)

The only thing "unstuck" about my Maverick is the build week; it keeps moving back!!!
Don't feel bad, my original build date was week of 5/9, then 5/16/ then 5/23 & now yesterday it is moved back to week of 6/3. Will it ever be built? Ordered 7/26 Lariat Hybrid, Rapid Red, Luxury Pkg, CoPilot 360, & First Edition.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Future's so bright you gotta wear shades :cool:

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i wish mine was stuck shut. dealer fix lasted 4 hrs. "part ordered" 12 days ago.

FLGIRL

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
:):) It has been raining since i took delivery of my Maverick. Yesterday it was 90+ degrees and the SUN was shining. After washing my (Area 51, Hybrid, Lux, 360) truck I decided to take a spin. When i returned home I realized that my sunglass compartment would not open. :):)

Everyone have a wonderful weekend.
We took deliver on 5/18 Area 51 XLT ours doesn’t work either. We noticed it at purchase. Have a service appointment 6/1
Sponsored