Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VWs

Canis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VWs
Well, consider this.. The Bronco Sport has been out for a while now and our Maverick is based upon the same platform. All of the lift kits we've seen installed on the Maverick have been initially designed for the Bronco Sport. I think over the past year, I've seen ONE thread on Bronco Sport forum about lowering and the person was mocked off of the site it seems. The other cousin to our Maverick is the Ford Escape. Even though I think a new style Ford Escape would also look amazing lowered, let's be real, there's not a lot of folks lining up to lower their brand-new Escape. There are kits out for them, but it took about a year to see them for the new model.

As for us Maverick folk, just give it a little more time, as in just a few more weeks. I guarantee we'll see at least one lowered Maverick next week at SEMA. And the products used will be available for purchase shortly after. It's almost always this way with a new model.
Yeah the lowering kits are coming for sure. They have them for the new escape now so id bet right around the corner. I wonder how much will be the same. Some different spring rates etc for the heavier Mav and payload retention.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
The escape and the Broncos are made for off road. The only maverick that is even allowed off road form ford is FX4. So you have a percentage of that group and a small percentage of the AWD group that does it for looks..

But the FX4 group is only 20% of the orders for the mavericks. This means that 80% is road cars and likely will want to go lower than higher.

So comparing the escape/bronco to the Maverick shows how this vehicle is not understood yet. The money will be in lowering mark my word on that.

Once there is some lower kits out with some nice wheels on these things are going to sell.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
You definitely are able to see tailgaters real good. Not so much where the curb is or the car in front of you when pulling into a parking spot though.

Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Few builds prob in the works right now. MrBoom 5.0 on here is going to be dropping his build but not sure if he’s baggin it or going static.
I was completely joking but I have seen his videos.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck once I have it. And they have about 1.5" lowering kit...
Before
2022-ford-maverick-lariat-color-iconic-silver.jpg

After
1635370239481.png
That's what I'd like to do, just a slight drop to get rid of that huge gap between the tires and wheel well! Your rendering looks good!

Bsimps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang gt, 02 Mercedes AMG
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes indeed, I’d like the lowering kit too. 6.5 inch height isn’t much of a pavement scraper…jmo

Reactions: JJC

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WHY would you want to lower the Maverick? IMO - that would completely ruin the look of the truck. Again JMO.
I like the truck stance as manufactured and never mod my vehicles. But the moment I saw it, I thought this truck looks like the type that will get lowered to the ground. I know OP is just talking a couple inches. But I bet there will be a huge mod community lowering these things..

Sponsored

Bsimps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang gt, 02 Mercedes AMG
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m not a fan of those trucks (or cars) that are slammed and hard to clear clear a bump in the road either..I’m on board with the 2 inches on the Maverick..I have a fox body Mustang with the eibach lowering springs..I like the look and ride is fine..we all have our own options.

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
I ordered a hybrid, if you raise with bigger tires, the extra friction from the tires will hurt your mpg and throw off the speedometer. If you lower it you loose some hauling and towing ability. If you leave it stock it looks like everyone else’s. Decisions decisions.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hybrid, if you raise with bigger tires, the extra friction from the tires will hurt your mpg and throw off the speedometer. If you lower it you loose some hauling and towing ability. If you leave it stock it looks like everyone else’s. Decisions decisions.
I think lowering it may not impact the hauling ability, I don't tow correctly so I don't want to speculate on that, because a lot is going to depend on how you lower your Mav. There's a picture in this thread of truck lowered and towing a big load, so it can be done. But as you say, decisions decisions.

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
I think lowering it may not impact the hauling ability, I don't tow correctly so I don't want to speculate on that, because a lot is going to depend on how you lower your Mav. There's a picture in this thread of truck lowered and towing a big load, so it can be done. But as you say, decisions decisions.
Every lowered production truck loses towing and payload.
Ford Lightning, Dodge SRT 10 ect.. I think it has to do with bottoming out the suspension.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every lowered production truck loses towing and payload.
Ford Lightning, Dodge SRT 10 ect.. I think it has to do with bottoming out the suspension.
I wasn't aware of that. I say that because I've read where others have stated no loss when lowered. Either way when the time comes I'll look at how much, if any, would be lost by lowering. For me, my Maverick won't ever carry anything to heavy, certainly not 1500# and as far as towing, the most would be a small trailer that can hold my Harley. So I think I'll be ok lowering a couple of inches or less.
Sponsored