Sponsored

Low Washer Fluid Light

coyotesallover

2.5L Hybrid
New member
First Name
Jack
Joined
Apr 24, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Morgantown, WV
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick AWD Hybrid 4K
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I’m about to drive from West Virginia to Washington State and back in my brand new 2026 XLT hybrid. Love the truck so far, but there’s one small issue—it keeps telling me that the wiper fluid is low and/or out. I thought maybe someone at the factory missed filling it, but checked under the hood and the reservoir is visibly full. Anyone else have this problem? The wipers and fluid work fine, and I would hate to spend 41 hours driving with that light on.
Sponsored

 

Cancunbadlands

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Cancun
Joined
Jul 5, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
5,097
Reaction score
5,599
Location
Cancun
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Make the trip
It's safe
Could be just a software glitch
When you got a time go to your local ford dealer
It's a warranty job
I never had that problem tho
 

GearGuy

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 29, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
67
Reaction score
98
Location
Buffalo, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick Lariat 4K AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
Possibly a loose connector to the level sensor? Maybe it’s a quick fix.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dad

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Terry
Joined
Apr 27, 2021
Threads
115
Messages
4,747
Reaction score
9,180
Location
West Chicago, IL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
So I’m about to drive from West Virginia to Washington State and back in my brand new 2026 XLT hybrid. Love the truck so far, but there’s one small issue—it keeps telling me that the wiper fluid is low and/or out. I thought maybe someone at the factory missed filling it, but checked under the hood and the reservoir is visibly full. Anyone else have this problem? The wipers and fluid work fine, and I would hate to spend 41 hours driving with that light on.
FWIW, I had the same problem, and just needed to fully engage the level sensor connector.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...r-fluid-reservoir-is.43438/page-2#post-766705

HRG
 

Jock

2.0L EcoBoost
Active member
First Name
Rodger
Joined
May 11, 2022
Threads
3
Messages
26
Reaction score
8
Location
Camden NY
Website
www.mavericktruckclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mustang GT rag top 06 VW GTI 18 VW Alltrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I’m about to drive from West Virginia to Washington State and back in my brand new 2026 XLT hybrid. Love the truck so far, but there’s one small issue—it keeps telling me that the wiper fluid is low and/or out. I thought maybe someone at the factory missed filling it, but checked under the hood and the reservoir is visibly full. Anyone else have this problem? The wipers and fluid work fine, and I would hate to spend 41 hours driving with that light on.
have 26 hybrid XL AWD , picked up truck in March and low washer fluid came on in a week or so . same as u ,I thought it didn't get filled . was full , topped off anyway , ok since
 

Sponsored

Howard

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Howard
Joined
Jul 17, 2023
Threads
7
Messages
179
Reaction score
230
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
24 Atlas Blue, 2015 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn’t expect this to be a problem on a new truck, but I found after I filled the washer was plain water. I started getting the low light on until I filled it with real washer fluid. Apparently plain water does not conduct enough electricity for the sensor to operate properly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dad

RonR1031

2.0L EcoBoost
Member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Jun 16, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
11
Reaction score
6
Location
Georgia
Vehicle(s)
2024 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 24 ECO Lariat. I haven't had this issue but I have a question for the group. Am I the only one who noticed when the low washer fluid light comes on it doesn't take a gallon or more? Mine comes up light on a gallon. Are there any way to make tha capacity larger on the tank either on the lower or upper section that is just a push in assembly? Thanks in advance...
 

Grabbs

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Mar 26, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
45
Reaction score
65
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine came on way earlier than I thought it would. Took almost a full gallon when I filled it up.
 

Hatchetman

2.5L Hybrid
New member
First Name
John
Joined
Nov 5, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2025 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I bought mine I had the same problem, took it in to handle the recalls, when I got it back no more warnings light and haven’t had a reoccurrence. Not sure how it was fixed.
 
Sponsored

Joe Strummer

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Feb 5, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
732
Reaction score
1,785
Location
Squamish, BC
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Had same issue when I purchased my 24 Tremor. It went away after a couple weeks. Total mystery to me.
 

OkieSVT

2.5L Hybrid
Member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Feb 26, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
11
Reaction score
26
Location
OKC
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
I have a 24 ECO Lariat. I haven't had this issue but I have a question for the group. Am I the only one who noticed when the low washer fluid light comes on it doesn't take a gallon or more? Mine comes up light on a gallon. Are there any way to make tha capacity larger on the tank either on the lower or upper section that is just a push in assembly? Thanks in advance...
I know this is an old thread, but mine came on at 3K miles and it held about a quart. The sensor is the problem.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dad

MaverickDragon

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,751
Reaction score
3,126
Location
Grand Canyon, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick XL Hybrid AWD 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately, as part of the "you never need to look under the hood convenience", instead of just looking to see and or correct fluid levels, we have sensors that warn us that we need to look under the hood to correct problems due to faulty sensors, rather than just adding fluids as needed.

Progress? At least (not yet) we don't have an AI interface that looks at faulty sensor data and protects us from a full window washer reservoir by demanding it be filled before the vehicle will start.... Maybe that's a MY27 enhancement... :wink:
 

SilverBullet2.0

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Josh
Joined
Dec 29, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
75
Reaction score
131
Location
75409
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick Lobo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
So I’m about to drive from West Virginia to Washington State and back in my brand new 2026 XLT hybrid. Love the truck so far, but there’s one small issue—it keeps telling me that the wiper fluid is low and/or out. I thought maybe someone at the factory missed filling it, but checked under the hood and the reservoir is visibly full. Anyone else have this problem? The wipers and fluid work fine, and I would hate to spend 41 hours driving with that light on.
Happened to me on my 2025 when I got it with 10 miles. Oddly enough, it was low. Topped it off. No more light.
 

Dave O

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Threads
33
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
2,365
Location
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD Hybrid, 2025 Subaru Forester, 04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
What is the recommended washer fluid brand?
Sponsored

 
 







Top