More recent (I don’t think all) splash shields add a small air scoop that directs air towards the PTU to help reduce temperature. But yes, it is a pain removing all the screws to pull it off. I recently found a screw with the head sheared off despite using a low torque driver.
The right side of the dashboard is used for various ‘tiles’/views that are user selectable related to ‘My View’ and can be cycled through using the up/down toggle switch on the right side of the steering wheel. If you have the brake coach ‘tile’ displayed, there is no need for the system to...
Collective quibbles/ideas, Lariat 4K trim, some known before purchase, some correctable with aftermarket purchases, no particular order;
Lack of auto dimming of the center rear view mirror
Lack of physical knobs for the HVAC system
Lack of fog lights as a factory option (pending Diode Dynamics...
My '25 Lariat Hybrid AWD does not have the Hybrid badge on the tailgate.
Related article:
2025 Ford Maverick Drops 'Hybrid' And 'AWD' Tailgate Badges
Edited to better note article link.
To paraphrase, while the Maverick is in motion, pulling up on the Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) switch activates system controlled emergency braking. Release the switch while still in motion and braking stops. If the Maverick speed drops to zero while holding the switch up, the Maverick will...
I think regenerative 'braking' did occur if we assume that the brake pads never activated. OP peaked speed in the video at 60KM/H at the road sign and was at 55KM/H through the intersection. Still no conclusions about the brake pad activation.
I'm still curious if the OP could see the brake...
How long ago was the safety check? Has the truck been used multiple times since?
From the video, I see minimal decrease in vehicle speed through the intersection. 60 KM/H approaching & 55 KM/H through the intersection. OP states he pumped the brake pedal multiple times. And that " Brake...
How about;
Driver has a medical event and passenger engages parking brake to stop the vehicle.
I’m going to make sure my wife is aware of the feature and I can now better explain what will happen based on the information shared here. Thanks all!
Correct that it will not return to your last displayed view/‘tile’. IIRC, it reverts back to Trip 1 in my 2025 ‘My View’ list.
But I believe the brief option to return to something on start up is regarding drive mode (normal, eco, sport, tow) and reverts to normal upon timeout.
You have available up to 5 'tile' options for the right side of your dashboard and the brighter indicator is where in the list of them you are currently viewing. Looks like you may have the 'Current Trip' displayed.
That is REALLY concerning, wow! Glad you are ok.
I can understand that panic feeling from the moment you judge a reasonable time to start applying brakes only to realize they are not there, leaving you only so much time to mentally process and switch to evasive maneuvers. I previously had a...
It's not the psi that is a problem. It is the weight of the pressure sending unit screwed to the tip of the valve stem that causes flexing and eventual failure of the rubber valve stem. Solved by using a metal valve stem.
The RV TPMS system allows you to monitor tire pressure and temperature...
Fanteli combo pack strobing 3rd and cargo bulbs, installed early 4/2026. No wiring, just plug in.
I use latex gloves when installing bulbs.
So far, still good...
Mabett underbody cavity shield, rear bumper cover plate around the hitch & flexible mud flaps. The cover plate was for looks, the other two for protection.
Specifically chose the flexible mudflaps because they do not rub the body paint and used existing fastener holes. And in Buffalo, with...
Yep. Still trying to break the brake pedal habit that was necessary on my prior vehicle. Cruise control was on the opposite side of the steering wheel. Wiper lever went down, not up… 😵