First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick lariat lux hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I need a truck or at least a bandaid (used car w/ good resale) until this chip/car shortage comes to an end. I missed the order window but i have an opportunity to purchase a maverick XL hybrid. The only thing making me hesitant is the $5000 dealer mark up. Is a Maverick Hybrid XL worth $28,375?
Sponsored

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No it is not worth $28k but that might be open for negotiations. Only way to find out is go talk to them and see how low you can get the price down. They're already making money at MSRP. Anything above that is money in their pocket.

Last edited:

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
We cant answer that for you.

I'm assuming your sure you want the hybrid. Hope you are like most people that ditch their cars after 3-4 yrs and churn $ into something new. Ford only provides 8 yr warranty on the hybrid battery which is the bare minimum required by federal law. They probably do that for a reason. Otherwise they would be confident to provide more than the legal minimum (and even then they only replace with another used battery)

PERSONALLY I'd probably say no. The point of the MAV is the price I always say. However every situation is different. It's probably still a good deal cheaper than a 4dr Ranger. Anybody who needs a vehicle no in this climate is kinda stuck.

OP
OP

Chuck Fan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the replies. It got me thinking about the longevity of the hybrid. I had tunnel vision looking at that 40 mph and didn't really think about the battery life. I'm now wondering if the eco boost is a better way to go. It seems like everyone wants the hybrid and many are passing on the eco boost due to price and mark ups.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many have bought off the lot or cancelled orders and not paid 5k over. Do a search for something like "bought from dealer" .

Use the Ford site that search's dealer stocks and call or put your name on a list. Do a little work and save yourself some money maybe and get your Maverick at a Maverick price.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We cant answer that for you.

I'm assuming your sure you want the hybrid. Hope you are like most people that ditch their cars after 3-4 yrs and churn $ into something new. Ford only provides 8 yr warranty on the hybrid battery which is the bare minimum required by federal law. They probably do that for a reason. Otherwise they would be confident to provide more than the legal minimum (and even then they only replace with another used battery)

PERSONALLY I'd probably say no. The point of the MAV is the price I always say. However every situation is different. It's probably still a good deal cheaper than a 4dr Ranger. Anybody who needs a vehicle no in this climate is kinda stuck.
Your absolutely right, Ford does the minimum requirement for a reason. They sell extended service plans separately. I prefer this as it gives the buyer a choice. I guarantee Ford wants to sell you an extended service plans. These are only profitable if the car is made to last past the warranty. See where I’m going?

Fear the battery will die is overrated. Those batteries are built extremely well And have a fantastic cooling system. The biggest killer of batteries is heat.

The Hybrid transmission is on its 5th generation and proven it self. It’s extremely simple and low maintenance.

Why do you hope he turns his car in 3-4 years? That’s a terrible plan, especially with an 8 year warranty standard. I fail to see what your were saying there?

I agree with everything else.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
first off did you talk to the dealer and try to negotiate msrp or slight adm if you're really interested? also i have seen ford is not happy about dealers doing this/may also be a reminder to them... yes this is a new vehicle but the powertrain itself is proven both in hybrid & eco boost platforms so longevity shouldn't be an issue. lastly if you still compare prices for anything comparable i still believe the maverick is better deal but again your money = your choice/decision. if you compare hybrid to hybrid you won't see close msrp truck? or hybrid fuel economy to eco boost fuel economy obviously is going to be cheaper over the life of your purchase. yes i also agree about hating to pay more than i should have to for anything but you see used cars all ALOT higher than they should be worth as well and is why i bought a new maverick in the 1st place myself needed a new vehicle i could not justify paying for a low mileage vehicle almost same price... best of luck in your choice.

OP
OP

Chuck Fan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great points shadow chas. Appreciate the knowledge you shared.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is a Maverick Hybrid XL worth $28,375?
A Maverick XL Hybrid with no options is worth $21,490 at the very maximum.

If you need a car, buy something that you can get a deal on. Sure, a Maverick hybrid gets 37mpg combined. But how much gas does $5,000 buy you? False economy.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is not worth a $5k markup in my opinion. I've owned my Hybrid XL for almost a month now and have had at least 3 issues with it. Dash rattles, battery drain while parked, and a strange issue where the door open/ignition chime plays from the steering column speaker and sounds very weird. Nothing major, but just gives an idea what to expect down the line.

Wait for the 2023 model if you really want one.

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
False economy is right. But the Ecoboost and use your savings to cover gas.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
False economy is right. But the Ecoboost and use your savings to cover gas.
That is assuming he can get an Ecoboost at MSRP. Those aren't worth markups, either.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The way I see it, if you're going to get an Ecoboost Maverick, you're better off getting a base model SR Toyota Tacoma. Similar MPG, better reliability, only a couple thousand more, but slightly slower.
Sponsored