Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Msrp and no more. The truck isn't worth more than that. Cheaply made and unproven longevity.
Sponsored

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 53 Dodge M37
Different type of vehicle, but the comments above reminded me of it.
When I sold sailboats, a customer would often ask "is that your best price?", and I would reply "I can go up if you want". They would laugh, and often buy a boat. It seemed that when they were talking price, it often meant they were interested in buying. If you find a Maverick that you like, go kick the tires and start talking price.

OP
OP

Chuck Fan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick lariat lux hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I contacted a bunch of dealerships in my state and found that there are several eco boosts and about 4 hybrid models that were ordered and the owner passed on. I wonder if people are fed up with the dealer Mark ups and the affordable/cheap truck is no longer a good value.

I can however get a lariat hybrid for the same $5k mark up. At least it's not a 25% mark up.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I contacted a bunch of dealerships in my state and found that there are several eco boosts and about 4 hybrid models that were ordered and the owner passed on. I wonder if people are fed up with the dealer Mark ups and the affordable/cheap truck is no longer a good value.

I can however get a lariat hybrid for the same $5k mark up. At least it's not a 25% mark up.
While the dealer add ons do suck, 5K is on the low end of the mark up spectrum. Ive seen 10K to 12K as well. This bubble WILL be over and then the value will drop to normal. IF you plan on keeping it then 5K over a long time isnt too bad. If you plan on trading it in in a shorter time frame the book value wont be inflated like it is now.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do not pay a $5k markup. Why do this? Can you not live without a Maverick? What's the benefit of a gas saving hybrid if you pay for years worth of gas in dealer markups?

I don't get it. Honestly. Just buy something different that does not have a markup. This is a cool truck but it's not that special.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Chuck Fan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick lariat lux hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hear you mlowe05.

The problem at least in Hawaii is all the 3 to 5 year old trucks are $30k + -. So the dilemma is what can I buy for the same price of the maverick xl. An older truck with with miles and uncertainty.

Floumonier1 suggested buying a tacoma sr for a few thousand more. That idea is starting to sound better. Give up some tech and gas mileage for proven reliability and longevity.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I need a truck or at least a bandaid (used car w/ good resale) until this chip/car shortage comes to an end. I missed the order window but i have an opportunity to purchase a maverick XL hybrid. The only thing making me hesitant is the $5000 dealer mark up. Is a Maverick Hybrid XL worth $28,375?
5k is a lot but wave some cash in his face and maybe he'll come down to 2k. My dealer would.

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard pass. If you are desperate for a truck, buy a 10 year old used anything and wait for things to settle down. Then get what you want.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard pass. If you are desperate for a truck, buy a 10 year old used anything and wait for things to settle down. Then get what you want.
I'd probably do the above....But this Maverick purchase was the easiest vehicle I have ever made...since I did not talk to any humans (sales person). Everything was via Email to a Ford Dealer in Horsham, Penn, Chapman Ford. Flew there to pickup and was on the road within an hour for a 699 mile drive home...not a big deal. Next Maverick will be from them. Did I mention no MARK UP.

Last edited:

Gregk1962

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not all dealers mar them up. Shop around. I am at a dealership in south Alabama. We do not mark any of ours up. Even the hard to get stuff. There are others out there. You’ve just got to check around.
Sponsored