Sponsored

Love my Maverick, but the wife hates it.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking forward to the day when there's a Carvana type website for wife trade in (or husband trade in, don't kill me ladies!).
In the year 2525................................
Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Traded in a practically new 21 Ram 1500 Laramie with the HEMI and 4x4 for my Maverick. I liked the Ram but it was more my wife's idea of a dream vehicle rather than my own. I never really liked driving big vehicles but still bought the Ram earlier this year because I thought I would just need to get used to the size plus I knew she loved it. There is virtually nothing I don't like about the Maverick (with the exception of the engine sound). It's damn near perfect for me but she refuses to drive it and just says "its cute".

Hell with the money difference on the trade in, I was able to pay off her Highlander. Oh well, can't please everyone I guess. I do miss the sound system in the Ram though. That thing sounded amazing.
To promote domestic tranquility, you should sell the offending truck immediately! :)

You could possibly find an unsuspecting buyer on this very forum. I predict that you could have it sold by early Monday morning at the latest.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To promote domestic tranquility, you should sell the offending truck immediately! :)

You could possibly find an unsuspecting buyer on this very forum. I predict that you could have it sold by early Monday morning at the latest.
I was willing to take wife but never got a pic.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm overseas but we were planning to get a (cheap used) commuter vehicle when I get home. Saw Maverick, when I told her about hybrid and said 40mpg she said, "ORDER ONE!" :)

I'm split between wanting it to get home before I do or not- it will be my very first new car so I want to take delivery, but would also be nice to get picked up at the airport in it and not have to wait....

She wants to drive it too. Which is ok because we have a fun car I drive to work if weather is good.

Sponsored

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
Traded in a practically new 21 Ram 1500 Laramie with the HEMI and 4x4 for my Maverick. I liked the Ram but it was more my wife's idea of a dream vehicle rather than my own. I never really liked driving big vehicles but still bought the Ram earlier this year because I thought I would just need to get used to the size plus I knew she loved it. There is virtually nothing I don't like about the Maverick (with the exception of the engine sound). It's damn near perfect for me but she refuses to drive it and just says "its cute".

Hell with the money difference on the trade in, I was able to pay off her Highlander. Oh well, can't please everyone I guess. I do miss the sound system in the Ram though. That thing sounded amazing.
Trade your wife in for a new one.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just picked up our Maverick Lariat Deluxe edition on Thursday. We drove around for a little bit on Thursday night and on Friday morning she claimed it as being hers. 🤷‍♂️

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger

Sell the wife, keep the truck is more like it. This solution also promotes domestic tranquility. Lol

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
I'm not a nice guy but there is this book called No More Mr Nice Guy about the psychology of "nice guys". . . I wish I knew about it to pass along to a friend of mine before he passed it would have helped him out. . . .If your happy with it thats all that matters.
Maybe I'm showing my age, didn't Alice Cooper have a song "No More Mr Nice Guy" lol

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
good job dumping the RAM. Had a 2014 wrangler JKU, but had to get rid of it as it was literally falling apart after 6 years and stressing me out driving it. had nothing but issues with the dealers getting it fixed (had to call cooperate twice). They make great trucks/jeeps that are easy to fix but their part suppliers are garbage.

DannyP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2017 Escape SE, 1929 Model A Coupe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost