Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Advertising? Hype on MTC? Need a small truck? Had lots of potential?
🤷🏻‍♂️
Well then possibly you were misled. Time to sell for a profit and move on.
Sponsored

BankableWhee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have been having the same issue with my truck. Glad to see that Ford has service bulletins regarding this transmission on other similar vehicles. I will be emailing my service department today!!

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have been having the same issue with my truck. Glad to see that Ford has service bulletins regarding this transmission on other similar vehicles. I will be emailing my service department today!!
Hopefully reprogramming will fix it :)

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Some think we are in the world of Tron or something. Why is the assumption always we need "programming"?

Sometimes, actually often there is a physical flaw and you need a new or different part.

OP
OP
1Guy1Truck

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: my dealership informed me that in addition to the TSB mentioned in this post for the escape there was another similar one for the escape that included a possible check engine for a misfire light in addition to the other issues. I did have a check engine light indicating a misfire. It involved replacing the flywheel. They are talking with ford engineering to see if a similar repair can apply to the maverick.

Sponsored

TarMinyatur

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Following, had exact same thing happened to me yesterday and I need to wait 2 weeks before bringing it in the dealer :/

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not just clickbaiting, but fear-mongering is my issue here. The lemon profile photo is over the top too. The OP may not be alone in having this "major" issue, but he is clearly festering on it.
I just thought he liked lemons :ROFLMAO:

PaulHeil

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just had this rattle happen the other day when I had the Maverick in neutral and setting the brake on a slight incline. I heard it put the truck in park and the noise was gone. I have not heard it since. I thought is was the transmission when it happened. I do not have any concerns then or now. Truck runs great and is easily o me of the most useful vehicle I have ever owned.
Sounds the same as mine, I've also been unable to duplicate it.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Let’s try to fix this major hybrid issue together 1673973919290

Hybrid Nut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Update: my dealership informed me that in addition to the TSB mentioned in this post for the escape there was another similar one for the escape that included a possible check engine for a misfire light in addition to the other issues. I did have a check engine light indicating a misfire. It involved replacing the flywheel. They are talking with ford engineering to see if a similar repair can apply to the maverick.
Replacing the flywheel would be a major job. Let us know what the dealership decides to do and if it fixes it. Good luck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
1Guy1Truck

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Replacing the flywheel would be a major job. Let us know what the dealership decides to do and if it fixes it. Good luck.
Still waiting to hear back from them after they make a plan. Glad I got a warranty but my dealer agreed to start a buy back with ford if this attempt doesn’t end up working.

OP
OP
1Guy1Truck

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE:
Maverick is going in for major surgery. They will first be running some tests to be positive it’s a mechanical issue and not just something fixed with a simple adjustment. They Fully expect it to be mechanical. Once confirmed the engine and transmission will be removed and the clutch assembly will be inspected and if needed replaced. They suspect this is the issue. I’m not too happy that my brand new vehicle is having such an invasive procedure done, it will never be the same after this. I’m so glad I bought the extended warranty. I do not plan to keep this 1 day or 1 mile after it expires. I will keep this updated.

OP
OP
1Guy1Truck

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE: dealer finally replicated the noise and they have narrowed it down to the dampener. They ordered it today with no eta currently. Also they just had another hybrid maverick come in this week with the exact same issue.
I also confirmed that ford does not have an upgraded dampener and is replacing with the same part. Good chance I end up back for the same problem eventually.

• Wow
Reactions: JAC

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That knocking sound reminds me of my Jetta when the Dual Mass Flywheel went bad more so than my previous Grand Prix that chronically misfired and ate sparkplugs (until the LIM gasket was replaced).

OP
OP
1Guy1Truck

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That knocking sound reminds me of my Jetta when the Dual Mass Flywheel went bad more so than my previous Grand Prix that chronically misfired and ate sparkplugs (until the LIM gasket was replaced).
Over the phone the service manager said “dampener flywheel” so who knows. I just want it fixed.
Sponsored