First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree. The backup lights are bad. I just ordered the WT21W bulbs from Amazon, will install Saturday.
Update: WT21W leds easily fit in the middle (backup taillight) socket. They do NOT throw codes and do not need resistors. (For grins I also tried them in the upper and lower stop/turn signal sockets and they worked perfectly there as well)
Do you mean they fit or that they fully function in the turn/stop socket (i.e. no hyperblinking)?

djd3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you mean they fit or that they fully function in the turn/stop socket (i.e. no hyperblinking)?
Tried here. They work for turn signal but do not do both the tail light and brake light. So at night the tail lights will not be on unless you brake

have another bulb coming in Monday I’ll test

djd3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tried here. They work for turn signal but do not do both the tail light and brake light. So at night the tail lights will not be on unless you brake

have another bulb coming in Monday I’ll test
update, the wt21w/7w led bulb works for both tail light (lower light emitted) and brake light/turn signal (highest light emitted)... the lights do not hyperflash but the turn signal sound/display goes at twice the speed in the cab

Sponsored

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
update, the wt21w/7w led bulb works for both tail light (lower light emitted) and brake light/turn signal (highest light emitted)... the lights do not hyperflash but the turn signal sound/display goes at twice the speed in the cab

Well darn. The freaking loud-ass blinker sound already drives me nuts. I wonder if a set of resisters would help.

Appreciate the update!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered these on amazon and instslled them a week ago. Zero issues... No resistor necessary.

Ford Maverick LED Bulb Options for Backup Bulb WT21W E4E9D3FD-D085-4BC3-9C7E-8634A1858C0C

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered these on amazon and instslled them a week ago. Zero issues... No resistor necessary.

E4E9D3FD-D085-4BC3-9C7E-8634A1858C0C.jpeg
Did you do white for reverse and red for tail/turn/brake?

Last edited:

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

djd3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To sum it up - since there is constant confusion between reserve lights and brake/turn lights.

Reverse lights: WT21W - available from Alla or Diode Dynamics
plug and play, no resistor required

Brake/turn lights: WT21W/7W - available from Alla or DD (as 4257)
-can be either white or red (since housing is red)
-will require a 6 ohm resistor to be spliced in to remedy hyper flashing.. be careful where you install a resistor as they will get hot and could melt components

splicing a resistor will not affect the entire vehicle warranty or even the taillight, but may if the dealer points to the mod. as being the source...

source: Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty of your vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part was the cause of or contributed to the failure of the vehicle (15 U.S.C. 2302 (C)). This means that a vehicle's warranty cannot be "voided;" the dealer can only deny a claim if the stock part failed due to damage or unreasonable use.
Sponsored