g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else with Lasfit have weirdness occur after leaving the turn signals on for a few minutes (XL/XLT)? Multiple occasions where I'll have the hazards on and when I come back to the car I notice some oddities.

While having hazards on:
Then on "phase" being shorter than the off "phase". Where normally they stay on for 1.25 seconds and then stay off for another 1.25 seconds for example, it seems to be more like 1 second on 1.25 seconds off. (No hyperflashing on the dash though)
One side turning off an instant before the other one.

While having one turn signal on:
Same timing irregularity as above but in addition hyperflashing on the dash. (No actual hyperflashing on the light though)

I have Alla's for the reverse lights, and Lasfits for the cargo lights and obviously the turn signals. Side Markers and 3rd Brake Light and the rest still stock. Although I think the issue is due to the lasfits turn sginals because looking at the back the stock bulbs seem to have a normal timing and doesn't seem to be running fast.

If I leave the turn signal on, it won't seem to fix itself until I leave it off for a bit. Ex: I park near the fire hydrant temporarily while I grab something from my house. Come back in about 2-3 minutes and notice the lights behaving different. Get in, switch the hazards off and left turn signal on to let people know I'm rejoining traffic. Experience said hyperflashing, turn signal turned off, drive a bit under 3/4 of city block, turn signal on again for turn, still experiencing hyperflash. I have to give it about 20-30 seconds for it to cool off? I guess.

Ford Maverick Lasfit Switchbacks overheating? 1646721012302

Ford Maverick Lasfit Switchbacks overheating? 1646721018119
6 frames of this

Ford Maverick Lasfit Switchbacks overheating? 1646721046578

Ford Maverick Lasfit Switchbacks overheating? 1646721053473

Ford Maverick Lasfit Switchbacks overheating? 1646721059225

Ford Maverick Lasfit Switchbacks overheating? 1646721065415

Another screencap of that video where it's in the opposite order
Ford Maverick Lasfit Switchbacks overheating? 1646722104828

but there are also occasions where they both turn off together in sync.
I'm assuming this is not normal because naked eye can perceive it. (I was saying I couldn't tell in the video but if that were true I wouldn't be recording hahaha) and the fact that they seem faster in general and this only happens when I leave them for a couple minutes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Anyone else with Lasfit have weirdness occur after leaving the turn signals on for a few minutes (XL/XLT)? Multiple occasions where I'll have the hazards on and when I come back to the car I notice some oddities.

While having hazards on:
Then on "phase" being shorter than the off "phase". Where normally they stay on for 1.25 seconds and then stay off for another 1.25 seconds for example, it seems to be more like 1 second on 1.25 seconds off. (No hyperflashing on the dash though)

Same timing irregularity as above but in addition hyperflashing on the dash. (No actual hyperflashing on the light though)

I have Alla's for the reverse lights, and Lasfits for the cargo lights and obviously the turn signals. Side Markers and 3rd Brake Light and the rest still stock. Although I think the issue is due to the lasfits turn sginals because looking at the back the stock bulbs seem to have a normal timing and doesn't seem to be running fast.

If I leave the turn signal on, it won't seem to fix itself until I leave it off for a bit. Ex: I park near the fire hydrant temporarily while I grab something from my house. Come back in about 2-3 minutes and notice the lights behaving different. Get in, switch the hazards off and left turn signal on to let people know I'm rejoining traffic. Experience said hyperflashing, turn signal turned off, drive a bit under 3/4 of city block, turn signal on again for turn, still experiencing hyperflash. I have to give it about 20-30 seconds for it to cool off? I guess.

1646721012302.png

1646721018119.png
6 frames of this

1646721046578.png

1646721053473.png

1646721059225.png

1646721065415.png

1646722104828.png

I'm assuming this is not normal because naked eye can perceive it. (I was saying I couldn't tell in the video but if that were true I wouldn't be recording hahaha) and the fact that they seem faster in general and this only happens when I leave them for a couple minutes.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this Maverick concern on my end.

Finklejag

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You install cheap Chinese aftermarket LED bulbs where OEM incandescent bulbs were installed. Now Ford knows you probably fried your electrical system. Great job!

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very unlikely the lower wattage lower amperage LED bulbs fried the electrical system.

OP
OP

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Response from lasfit cs
Thanks for your detailed feedback.
Yes, that is a normal phenomenon, it is the design of intelligent temperature control, considering the life span and canbus function.
Our bulbs have resistors built in to avoid hyper flash, once the bulbs are used for a few minutes (2-5 Minutes), they will reach a high temperature and hyper flash/out of sync, which is the safety feature to avoid our bulbs burning out quickly.
Please turn off and cool for 1-2 minutes, they will work again.
Guess it is intended. Bothers me a bit but not a deal killer.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lasfit quality is top notch and in my experience you get about 7 minutes of continuous use before they behave oddly due to temp issues. We have used Lasfit canbus LEDs in many cars and never had issues.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

While having hazards on:

1646721012302.png

1646721018119.png
6 frames of this

1646721046578.png

1646721053473.png

1646721059225.png

1646721065415.png

1646722104828.png

Your truck is just winking at you.

OP
OP

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lasfit quality is top notch and in my experience you get about 7 minutes of continuous use before they behave oddly due to temp issues. We have used Lasfit canbus LEDs in many cars and never had issues.
Unfortunately for me 2 minutes with the hazards on and they behave oddly

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You install cheap Chinese aftermarket LED bulbs where OEM incandescent bulbs were installed. Now Ford knows you probably fried your electrical system. Great job!
Lmao. Nothing is fried. Typical internal canbus led behavior albeit quicker than usual

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Oh no. I saw this thread today and thought, "poor guy, got defective LEDs," because I have had mine for over a month and havent had anything funky happen. Well, I was sitting at a stop light today, and after a while of sitting there with my left blinker on, boom, hyperflash.

It bummed me out. 10 seconds later I was turning right, and when I turned that blinker on it didnt hyperflash. Turned left with the blinker on, no hyperflash. But... I then sat in my driveway and left the left blinker and started counting. After 75 flashes, it broke into hyperflash. I didnt test the right side. One thing that I believe I noticed is that as I got closer to the 75th flash, the blinking was slowly getting faster.

Oh and just to be clear, I was only checking the hyperflash in the dash, counting the clicks. I did not check to see if it was also hyperflashing outside (as in the led itself).

In case it matters, it is about 75degrees outside today.

Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oh no. I saw this thread today and thought, "poor guy, got defective LEDs," because I have had mine for over a month and havent had anything funky happen. Well, I was sitting at a stop light today, and after a while of sitting there with my left blinker on, boom, hyperflash.

It bummed me out. 10 seconds later I was turning right, and when I turned that blinker on it didnt hyperflash. Turned left with the blinker on, no hyperflash. But... I then sat in my driveway and left the left blinker and started counting. After 75 flashes, it broke into hyperflash. I didnt test the right side. One thing that I believe I noticed is that as I got closer to the 75th flash, the blinking was slowly getting faster.

Oh and just to be clear, I was only checking the hyperflash in the dash, counting the clicks. I did not check to see if it was also hyperflashing outside (as in the led itself).

In case it matters, it is about 75degrees outside today.
literally the same exact thing happened to me today. I didn’t do any further testing though. Had mine for 2ish months with no issues before today

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I pulled my LASFIT LED front turn signals out this past weekend for the following reasons:
1. They were over the top bright at night lighting up street signs across the intersection, and glaringly bright to oncoming vehicles, as well as being behind someone with the blinker on.
2. Waiting to turn left for an extended period (kid pick up at school) and it would start blinking really fast, the same hyperflash some have mentioned.
3. I'm just not willing to risk issues with that many lumens and first hand problem experience with them.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I pulled my LASFIT LED front turn signals out this past weekend for the following reasons:
1. They were over the top bright at night lighting up street signs across the intersection, and glaringly bright to oncoming vehicles, as well as being behind someone with the blinker on.
2. Waiting to turn left for an extended period (kid pick up at school) and it would start blinking really fast, the same hyperflash some have mentioned.
3. I'm just not willing to risk issues with that many lumens and first hand problem experience with them.
Hopefully Lasfit will make it right for all of us that purchased them.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They weren't that cheap.
Sponsored