First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Atlas
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love my lariat would never own cloth seats, the UTE is an excellent ride, however this is the first vehicle I’ve owned that did not have garage door opener and nav.not deal breakers but WTF?
Sponsored

Mavapa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Consumer Reports said 33 mpg combined, but now I see 35 mpg and up to 17 miles mainly on battery for the plug-in hybrid. But it apparently starts around $36K.

MrHomeGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the Lariat 4K but happen to find an XLT.Both FX4 AWD. I was perfectly happy with the XLT which also had the moon roof but lacked the 4K tow package and push button start and proximity center and Synch 3

The Lariat trim over all has a few extras including upgraded LED headlights, push button start, proximity sense and upgraded radio. Since I spend 4-5 hours driving on the day, the Lariat trim was worth it for me. I am also a fan of adaptive cruise control.

If the Lariat never came in, I would have been fine with the XLT trim. I found the XLT seats comfortable and felt the cloth was good quality over the fake Lariat leather.

I will say that the new Synch 4 on my 2022 F150 is so much better then Synch 3. I would imaging the Ford will eventually move everything to Synch 4 someday.

BobR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux FWD, Maverick XLT AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a Lariat Lux, FWD and my wife has an XLT AWD FX4 both have EB engines. I love my Lariat Lux because of the Sirius XM as well as all the bells and whistles and I like the Active X seating surfaces compared with the cloth on the XLT.
I will agree with some of the earlier posts regarding a couple of issues. The seats on the XLT are more comfortable and I am not sure if it has to do with the shape foam, or the angle of the seat bottom cushion which is not angled the same as the XLT and is limited in adjustment even with the electric seats.
The XLT also rides better but that may be due to the fact that my Lariat is FWD and the XLT is AWD with 4 wheel independent suspension verses my Lariat with the solid twist axle in the rear. The 2023 Lariat are only available in AWD configuration. I do believe some of it may also be due to the Pirelli tires on the XLT verses the Michelin Primacy tires which are a harder low resistance rolling tire which is made for saving fuel. They use these tires on the Prius. All of that being said I would definitely order a Lariat again but with the AWD but as discussed earlier is a given on the 2023 model year.
Buy what you can afford. My wife is not into bells and whistles and is happy with her XLT. I am just happy to have both of them as I didn't start looking till May of this year and found them both within 3 weeks. The average price of a car in America today is around $38k and a loaded Lariat at sub $40k is still a great deal.
We have around 7500 miles on each of them and I am averaging 29.9 city and 33.8 highway on my mileage, go find another loaded truck in America that will do that for that kind of money.
We love our Mavericks and I hope this was helpful.

Ford Maverick Lariat trim, worth it? 20220601_153554

Sponsored

First Truck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I constantly read on here that most think the maverick isn’t worth over $35k and it’s best suited as a lower level trim. I ordered a lariat as I listen to satellite radio 95% of the time and didn’t want to constantly have to use the SiriusXM app. I know the Lariat has the same materials for the most part as the XL, with basically just more tech added. Which I’ll agree the interior is cheap, it’s not fancy but it’s fine.

Anyway, I wanted to hear from those with Lariats. Are you happy with it? Looking back, would you have went with a cheaper trim level?

First Truck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a lariat trim package and am quite happy with it. The way I look at it, overall it's your comfort. You can't take it with you , so if you want it and you can afford it and it's not taking food off the table, Go for it.

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I constantly read on here that most think the maverick isn’t worth over $35k and it’s best suited as a lower level trim. I ordered a lariat as I listen to satellite radio 95% of the time and didn’t want to constantly have to use the SiriusXM app. I know the Lariat has the same materials for the most part as the XL, with basically just more tech added. Which I’ll agree the interior is cheap, it’s not fancy but it’s fine.

Anyway, I wanted to hear from those with Lariats. Are you happy with it? Looking back, would you have went with a cheaper trim level?
I'm very happy with my Lariat Trim model. Picked up in late June and now has just under 6,000 miles. No regrets whatsoever. The nicest add I found I really love is the electric back window. Really improves air flow thru the cabin even when opened just a little. Too many other Lariat additions to comment on, but I like them all.

Silver Weasel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FE Lariat, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love my choice. I loaded mine up. You know how you didn't know you really needed something before you had it? Well, the ass warmers were always a must but now-that heated steering wheel-is a necessity. Arthritis in my thumbs and currently with a broken left wrist. God that thing feels good.

Love: moonroof, push button start, ACC was weird at first but it is pretty cool now, power back window, hybrid MPG, back up camera and even the B&O sound system is perfect for me (I'm not a stereophile-but have gotten quite spoiled with the carplay feature

Not in love: acoustic windshield needs some improvements (Mine got a ding on my way home from leaving the lot with her, and numerous times since. I'm waiting for that one to just mess it all up.

Reactions: bgn

parussky

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I ordered the lariat with the lux package and 360 copilot. Didnt get a sun/moon roof because we dont need it in AZ. All of this for less then $33k. Couldnt pass it up. BTW, the lariat faux leather seats are ok, but I wish Ford had put ventilated seats in it.

Sponsored

jaybird

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat , 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
Undecided

I definitely think its worth it! I loaded mine up with everything minus the sunroof, I live in the south and I feel they create to much heat. A lot of people want a $20,000 truck and that's fine but I want all the bells and whistles with every safety feature that's available! It's still $15,000 cheaper then my 2020 Explorer was.
Love the hard tri fold bed cover, glad I got it! My dealer didn't want to remove it, glad I listened.

Last edited:

18hawkeye

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the XLT in June of 2021 then on July 8, 2021 changed to the Lariat. I love this truck and I’m glad I got the Lariat BUT there are a few things that I REALLY dislike.

1. The driver’s seat is VERY uncomfortable. There is a seam right where the pressure of your behind rests. A terrible design.

2. As others have mentioned, the interior is cheap with hard plastic on every surface. The dash has a rough pattern in the plastic that catches every piece of dust known to mankind.

3. The worst for me is the five interior color-scheme. Omg……it is so disturbing to look at ESPECIALLY the blue colors. What designer was dropped on his head and decided on this horrid idea??? I have a red exterior and the blue totally clashes. If you go with an exterior blue or grey then the interior will fit in well…....but NOT with either of the reds. I wanted black interior which wasn’t an option in the first group. Looks like they are offering a ‘black package’ in 2023. 👍

4. My truck was totally quiet UNTIL I took it to Ford for the Tonneau Cover to be adjusted. When I picked it up there was (and still is) a terrible rattle in the driver’s side dash. How a Tonneau adjustment could produce an interior rattle is beyond me. Nice going service department!

I would definitely go with the Lariat again. It’s a beautiful vehicle even with all of my crazy complaints!!
Ford Maverick Lariat trim, worth it? AA660125-A6F9-40B2-9EA2-377B93DE7D5D
Ford Maverick Lariat trim, worth it? C499302E-4149-4BC7-8E8D-6F0DF4CAE7D5
Ford Maverick Lariat trim, worth it? AA660125-A6F9-40B2-9EA2-377B93DE7D5D
Ford Maverick Lariat trim, worth it? C499302E-4149-4BC7-8E8D-6F0DF4CAE7D5

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love my lariat would never own cloth seats, the UTE is an excellent ride, however this is the first vehicle I’ve owned that did not have garage door opener and nav.not deal breakers but WTF?
Get a Meross adapter and use Google/Siri Voice command, no need for a button. You also get notifications whenever the door is opened or closed or has been left open longer than a certain time.

www.amazon.com/Smart-Garage-Door-Opener-Remote/dp/B0B12T23TS

Arby47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Chevy, 59 Volvo PV544, E-Bike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No regrets on getting the First Edition with everything, but when I see the pics of the red truck submitted, I admit to a little envy. The problem was that red with the blue interior do not mix well at all in my eyes. So got Area 51 and the match is great. Still love that red though..... it is all about taste, not right and wrong. Did not need the blacked out FE hood, but to get everything I wanted, had to take it.

MaverRick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MachE 4EX 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No regrets on getting the First Edition with everything, but when I see the pics of the red truck submitted, I admit to a little envy. The problem was that red with the blue interior do not mix well at all in my eyes. So got Area 51 and the match is great. Still love that red though..... it is all about taste, not right and wrong. Did not need the blacked out FE hood, but to get everything I wanted, had to take it.
Yes the color match goes very well with Area 51! The interior of my 04 Dodge Ram was extremely boring!! After doing the HVAC retro Mod I added a set of blue knobs as well.

Ford Maverick Lariat trim, worth it? 7AE21F31-4CBD-450B-BC6D-DDE394125511
Sponsored