Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The collision alert warning is audible and visual, and works whether you're leaving a lane or not. A car stopped short in front of me and I slammed on my breaks, and the collision alert warning went off.
Sponsored

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some people work shift work as a necessity to survival, not as a bad social choice. There are side effects to this, which is why some of us appreciate tools to keep us safe. I love the new safety features born from the need to protect the driver of that vehicle, and everyone else sharing the roads. Great question, you didn't deserve the criticism.
"Boohoo, poor me, I work shift work by necessity, I have to put people in danger!"

Um, no. There is no excuse for driving while impaired.

Jamesw65

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum. 2018 Escape Titaniu
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a Driver Alertness Warning that triggers when the vehicle thinks you are driving impaired (by lack of wakefulness or otherwise). The owner's manual doesn't list the specific criteria but suggests that multiple lane keep assist events will trigger it.
I get an audible ala
"Boohoo, poor me, I work shift work by necessity, I have to put people in danger!"

Um, no. There is no excuse for driving while impaired.
You're right. I could be a cotton farmer, a cop, or a miner. I chose mining. I completely agree that driving impaired is unacceptable and potentially unforgivable. I guess I should re evaluate my life choices. Thank you for making it so clear...

Jamesw65

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
BTW, there's no taxi service, Uber or lyft, and my friends are either getting off shift, just starting their shift or farming. 55 miles is a little far to walk and there are no hotels or other housing at the mine. I'll try to make sure I get enough sleep during the day when I'm on the night rotation. I'll car pool when I can. I'm sure glad the vehicle I ordered has fancy safety features in case I'm a little tired on my way home.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BTW, there's no taxi service, Uber or lyft, and my friends are either getting off shift, just starting their shift or farming. 55 miles is a little far to walk and there are no hotels or other housing at the mine. I'll try to make sure I get enough sleep during the day when I'm on the night rotation. I'll car pool when I can. I'm sure glad the vehicle I ordered has fancy safety features in case I'm a little tired on my way home.
I'm hearing nothing but a lot of excuses why you have to be able to risk the lives of other people.

Find a better way that doesn't put uninvolved people at risk. It's not our job to suggest ways for you to shoot down. Remember that OP has confessed at least one incident that had severe consequences. That's unacceptable.

Sponsored

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Some people are best ignored- so keep doing the best you can and don't let them get you down.

Jamesw65

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm hearing nothing but a lot of excuses why you have to be able to risk the lives of other people.

Find a better way that doesn't put uninvolved people at risk. It's not our job to suggest ways for you to shoot down. Remember that OP has confessed at least one incident that had severe consequences. That's unacceptable.
You should consider changing your handle, "MostlySafeBear" You're right, me and the other 4000 workers should just find a new job. When my son was killed in an accident from an impaired driver when he was home for Christmas a few years ago, I should've quit then. I hope you're happy that you have upset at least 2 people on this string. Your negative, insulting, judgemental feedback is reprehensible. Happy new year MostlySafeBear

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you say: ‘ Mean Girls .’ Seems the Bears and Trolls I have warned dozens of new members about have found a new place to feed.

Last edited:

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it possible to get an audible alarm when drifting out of lane rather than the vibrating steering wheel?
Looks like this might be a good time to push that IGNORE button on a few of the Bears and Trolls taking over your thread.

Good Luck.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of the features I wish Mavericks had, is a warning signal (beep sound) if there's someone in your blind spot when you put your blinker on to change lanes. It's hard to take a quick glance to check, if someone is in the right front seat. All my other cars had this feature.
Agree, but as with many things, some negative issues. Have the alarm beep on our Hyundai Palisade and it's a nice feature except if you start the turn signal too soon, you'll get a beep and wheel shimmy. Often, I just want to give other vehicles a heads up that I want to change lanes, but another car is still in the alarm range. How do I tell my Hyundai I know that and I'm not changing lanes NOW, but soon?

Sponsored

LaserGecko

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan XTerra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's always easy to tell the people who are on the My First Internet Forum Starter Kit with the Captain Obvious Pontification Ego Boost plug in. They should really start charging extra for that instead of giving it away for free wherever the Wannabe Preachers get it.

My Lariat Lux has an in-cab camera that uses AI to help detect if the lane departure events are related to your head positioning. (It might be on every model with 360, IDK.)

I think it's pretty cool that the truck actually has a way to help defend itself. "Hey! Hey! HEEEEYYYYY, BUDDY! WAKE UP! We're all in this together and I'd like to not end up in the frickin' ditch! Dude! SERIOUSLY!"

Now if it could only suggest coming to MTC for suggestions about stopping driving forever so the total piece of garbage who obviously doesn't care about anyone other than himself (but can be fixed with enough responses) driving it could learn if there are any scrappy young startup companies with new, fresh ideas like private individuals destroying their personal vehicles on behalf of Billionaires.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MTC has a dirty SOCK issue, replies in this thread reek.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To attempt to answer the OP's question:

No, there is no audible alert for the Lane Keeping System. However, you can adjust the "intensity" of the lane-keeping system vibration of the steering wheel (Settings - Driver Assistance - Lane-Keeping System - Intensity), but there is no audible component to that alert.

There is also the "Aid Mode" that attempts to keep you in your lane. It provides a small steering input to help move the vehicle back toward the center of the lane. (Note - this is NOT the same as "Lane Centering" at all!) You can select this option through the menu as well. (Settings, Driver Assistance, Lane-Keeping System - Mode - Alert+Aid)

Every safety aid is only that - an AID. The driver is by far the most important part of any safety system. My suggestion would be that if ANY of those driver aid systems go off - even once - it's time to pull off the road and do something to become more alert.

I used to "force myself" to stop every three hours - whether I thought I was tired or not - and walk around for 5-10 minutes to get my blood circulating, etc. As I've gotten older, my bladder often dictates stopping well before the 3-hour limit. One of the "benefits" (?) of getting older, I suppose...

OP
OP

bake

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To attempt to answer the OP's question:

No, there is no audible alert for the Lane Keeping System. However, you can adjust the "intensity" of the lane-keeping system vibration of the steering wheel (Settings - Driver Assistance - Lane-Keeping System - Intensity), but there is no audible component to that alert.

There is also the "Aid Mode" that attempts to keep you in your lane. It provides a small steering input to help move the vehicle back toward the center of the lane. (Note - this is NOT the same as "Lane Centering" at all!) You can select this option through the menu as well. (Settings, Driver Assistance, Lane-Keeping System - Mode - Alert+Aid)

Every safety aid is only that - an AID. The driver is by far the most important part of any safety system. My suggestion would be that if ANY of those driver aid systems go off - even once - it's time to pull off the road and do something to become more alert.

I used to "force myself" to stop every three hours - whether I thought I was tired or not - and walk around for 5-10 minutes to get my blood circulating, etc. As I've gotten older, my bladder often dictates stopping well before the 3-hour limit. One of the "benefits" (?) of getting older, I suppose...
Thank you for one of the few intelligent and helpful posts on this thread. Thanks to all responders who recognize that nobody is perfect and tiredness can be something we may not be aware of. To those who are so flawless that they can only preach without addressing my question, please refrain from further posts--I have gotten the message.

I was mainly hoping that somebody might know of a way I could enable an audible alarm using forscan. My truck does not have the lane-centering option but does have lane crossing alert via steering wheel vibration which I have set to maximum amplitude.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.