First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know where the external speaker that makes the spaceship noise and beeping for backing up is located on the Hybrid? I know there are companies that make eliminators so you can remove it and not set faults for the Hybrid F 150. I also know it’s semi illegal so it will be off road use only 😉.
Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know where the external speaker that makes the spaceship noise and beeping for backing up is located on the Hybrid? I know there are companies that make eliminators so you can remove it and not set faults for the Hybrid F 150. I also know it’s semi illegal so it will be off road use only 😉.
Nothing semi about it.

Could also possibly render void insurance claims.

Last edited:

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
watch this video it shows the location and a device for deactivating it, you cannot just unplug it
....For off road use only.;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wrench77

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing semi about it.

Could also possibly render void insurance claims.
I worked at dealers and nowadays if you fart in a seat it will void your trucks warranty. Trust me service writers and mechanics try to find a way to make it go cash instead of warranty because they get paid better. I’m just wondering if anyone knows where the speaker not looking for lectures.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Farts!? My Mav’s warranty is long gone then.

OP
OP
Wrench77

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s in the bumper drivers side you can see the white sticker right above the computer. I used the megaohm plug and play resistor and love it. http://megaohmmotorsports.com/
66F30B47-F1A6-45B5-9430-1CBD581BE30B.jpeg
Awesome thank you so much. I figured it would work the same as the F150. If not I was gonna ohm it out and build my own resistor to simulate the speaker was still there.

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I worked at dealers and nowadays if you fart in a seat it will void your trucks warranty. Trust me service writers and mechanics try to find a way to make it go cash instead of warranty because they get paid better. I’m just wondering if anyone knows where the speaker not looking for lectures.
I think the issue here is liability. If you disable this sound and back over someone you will be legally responsible for their death/injury.

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think the issue here is liability. If you disable this sound and back over someone you will be legally responsible for their death/injury.
Yes, your insurance will throw that claim right back in your lap. High potential for manslaughter charges to be filed on you too for disabling the life saving device. This would most likely happen while going forward though, as it's not a backup beeper.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, your insurance will throw that claim right back in your lap. High potential for manslaughter charges to be filed on you too.
And all because of a little noise that is hardly a nuisance....

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And all because of a little noise that is hardly a nuisance....
I'm used to a lot more sound than that when I drive.

TimmH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
What ever happened to person responsibility.

I walk through parking lots and with all the other environmental noises, often can't hear a car running at idle, even if they are backing up. I watch for moving vehicles and reverse lights to know I may be entering a danger zone.

Heck, I've seen people walking down a sidewalk, looking at their phone, then just turn and walk into a crosswalk without ever looking. Then they get mad when a car has to slam on their brakes.

I can understand a noise for electric mode for visually impaired pedestrians, but other than that, it just sounds (no pun intended) stupid.

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What ever happened to person responsibility.

I walk through parking lots and with all the other environmental noises, often can't hear a car running at idle, even if they are backing up. I watch for moving vehicles and reverse lights to know I may be entering a danger zone.

I can understand a noise for electric mode for visually impaired pedestrians, but other than that, it just sounds (no pun intended) stupid.
Not sure where you fall here, but that’s (blind pedestrian’s) the entire reason for the beeping and electric whirring at slow speeds. It serves no purpose other than warning those that can’t see - whether through disability, environment (as you stated), or just plain stupidity - that a vehicle is near/approaching. I get that some people don’t like it, hell, I don’t, but I’m not going to disable it and open myself up to any legal claims.

Also, personal responsibility cuts both ways. People should be paying attention for sure, but people shouldn’t be disabling safety systems either.
Sponsored