22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Not when First Edition is included in the thread title.
First Edition has nothing to do with being built first, it's a package to celebrate the first MODEL YEAR. The 2022 MODEL YEAR will likely be produced all the way through next summer, you know, in 2022.

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
First Edition has nothing to do with being built first, it's a package to celebrate the first MODEL YEAR. The 2022 MODEL YEAR will likely be produced all the way through next summer, you know, in 2022.
I know what it means. I was responding to her "move the goalposts" when First Edition was included in the thread title.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The title of this thread should give you an idea that there may be some unhappy people posting here. If they want to rant a bit how does that effect your life? If you dont want to see these kind of post, don't click on this thread and move on. Problem solved.
Once they're done...

Ford Maverick Lack of retail production for  First Edition and Hybrid Maverick 1630682479815

Firedon

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Almost feels like a scam, doesn't it?

Sponsored

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The UNKNOWN works for you. Others have lives to get on with. Waiting for a wild ass guess Scheduling date gives one an idea if they are still interested. Plans and decisions can be made.

You may be cool with someone ordering on 8/30 and getting scheduled on 9/2. I'm not jiggy wit it. If they can't build the damn Hybrid, be man enough to say it. If you lose business then so mote it be. Should have thought about that before you started taking orders. But to take an order and then be completely silent is bogus in MY opinion.

I DO NOT NEED a second vehicle. I had NO plans to buy a second vehicle. I know this sounds dumb but I'm doing Ford a favor buying this damn thing. It is strictly for convenience in my case. Give me a date and I'll decide if I want to sit around and wait. Because I personally could care less if they sell 1 or 1,000,001. If they said 15 Jan 2022, then I can see if that works for me or cancel the damn order. If it slips, be honest and tell folks.
I'm with you - I don't need another vehicle right now. I ordered the Maverick (just a few weeks ago) knowing it might be months.
BTW, I looked into ordering a Chevy Trailblazer first, but I was told "6 to 8 months" for a vehicle I was only lukewarm on.
Final point: the reasons I am looking at a new car like the Mav are one, a hybrid, and two, used cars are so unreasonably priced right now!

I'll wait til Christmas if I have to!!! :)

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I think you're on to something! I heard from people who prefer to remain nameless, one in the CIA and two in the KGB. Ford had a secret, closed session board meeting. This was the topic:

"How can we get $100 (+/-) deposits from thousands of people for something nonexistent, like a jet Schwinn bicycle? The dealers can hold onto the deposit money, and here's the BEST part.... We can piss off thousands of long time, and some new, customers! We're a multi-billion dollar corporation, we'll take the risk of sullying our reputation, but what the Hell! We'll have some fun"

Looks like you hit the nail on the head!
[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha only problem is No Deposit Required!
Hahahaha

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess they could, but they'd have to change the email/purchaser, and it's my understanding that "faking" retail orders can get them in trouble with Ford.
Good point. Forgot about the email.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The First Edition is obviously going to come later
Anybody else find that sentence funny? It's not wrong... It just sounds funny.

Ok, ok... I know what people say "First Edition" really means... But still... pretty funny, right?

Kind of like "I'm buying a first edition of The Sun Also Rises. I just have to wait for it to be printed."

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't see where you are finding FE's in this spreadsheet. Is there a column or two hiding somewhere? You can count Hybrids but that is about it. What am I missing?
No I didn't find any FEs either. When I first post this as a reply it was to a member who felt that no hybrids were being scheduled at all. I may have mis-understood their post as hybrids when in fact they may have been saying no FE hybrids not being schedule.

Sponsored

The-Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
This reminds me of going to a restaurant with a larger party. Waiting for 2 hours while they keep seating people who showed up after you in the spot that they obviously need to clear out for your party.

Have no idea what went through their heads with a 65/35 split on a truck that they advertised as the first hybrid standard.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This reminds me of going to a restaurant with a larger party. Waiting for 2 hours while they keep seating people who showed up after you in the spot that they obviously need to clear out for your party.

Have no idea what went through their heads with a 65/35 split on a truck that they advertised as the first hybrid standard.
I like the analogy.

Catlady6

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalon
I have been eye-balling the Bronco Sport.....but then I figured out they haven't hit the lots either at least not locally...or they're sold out and waiting for more... I keep thinking can I put a 4x8 plywood in it..or on top? would I look like a hillbilly :) Does these pants make me look fat?
You can afford a new car AND plywood?!?

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh, I think it's clear enough. Thinking the way US auto makers always think: bigger engine, faster acceleration, better "performance" will ALWAYS outsell economy and efficiency. Looking at the order counts as opposed to those expectations shows that, as Dylan said, "The Times They Are A-Changin'."

I'll wait on my XL Hybrid because there's nothing else like it on the market. If they take so long to build it that the competitors have one first, then I'll be reconsidering and asking for my deposit back. I had figured it would take until at least Christmas in any case.

And my trade-in is in the shop right now for repairs needed to keep it driveable until Ford delivers.

Post script: Ugh. Service manager called with the bad news I was half expecting. '07 Escape has a cracked tone ring, needs exhaust system replaced. Those things I knew. Rust on frame is so bad it's starting to crumble. Partner's Focus had the same problem two years ago. Salt is really bad in Illinois Winters. Focus was scrapped, replaced with a used Subaru which has been quite nice. Now the Escape will go for scrap too. One car household until that Maverick comes through.

Last edited:

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think you're on to something! I heard from people who prefer to remain nameless, one in the CIA and two in the KGB. Ford had a secret, closed session board meeting. This was the topic:

"How can we get $100 (+/-) deposits from thousands of people for something nonexistent, like a jet Schwinn bicycle? The dealers can hold onto the deposit money, and here's the BEST part.... We can piss off thousands of long time, and some new, customers! We're a multi-billion dollar corporation, we'll take the risk of sullying our reputation, but what the Hell! We'll have some fun"

Looks like you hit the nail on the head!
[/QUOTE]

I believe you're talking about that secret Hyundai Santa Cruz meeting! Apparently they aren't having their deposits applied and having to ask for things from the "concierge" service 😁
Sponsored