Sponsored

Kicker Key 200.4 installed. Impressions....

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can I swap in the Powerbass drop in speakers AND tweeters that people have used on here with the kicker key and it calibrate everything no problem? I’ve never actually had tweeters lol. Wasn’t sure how they hook up or if just hooking the front speakers wires into the key was catching those tweeters too
I am glad you asked this as I was wondering the same thing!
Hope someone responds.
Sponsored

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can I swap in the Powerbass drop in speakers AND tweeters that people have used on here with the kicker key and it calibrate everything no problem? I’ve never actually had tweeters lol. Wasn’t sure how they hook up or if just hooking the front speakers wires into the key was catching those tweeters too
Still hoping someone has some information on this.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, why not?

jdmz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where did you get power for it? Did you run a new line from the battery?

OP
OP

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where did you get power for it? Did you run a new line from the battery?
No. The power from the OEM radio harness it plugs in line with is plenty for the little amp.

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No. The power from the OEM radio harness it plugs in line with is plenty for the little amp.
that's... interesting.

the key 200.4 has a 20A fuse. I am fairly confident the Audio Control Module does not have 20A extra fuse or wiring capacity. I'm pretty surprised this is working properly for you.

it should be wired directly to the battery, or a larger power wire used with a distribution block if a person plans to do another amp or powered sub in the future.

jdmz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
that's... interesting.

the key 200.4 has a 20A fuse. I am fairly confident the Audio Control Module does not have 20A extra fuse or wiring capacity. I'm pretty surprised this is working properly for you.

it should be wired directly to the battery, or a larger power wire used with a distribution block if a person plans to do another amp or powered sub in the future.
I am doing research and it appears a lot of broncos guys are just getting power from the ACM as well.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am doing research and it appears a lot of broncos guys are just getting power from the ACM as well.
sync4 acim is very different from ford connected audio, and some of the bronco people probably have aux switches which pre-wires a bunch of connections.

melting your acm or wiring harness would be a really big deal, whereas taking a half hour to install an amp power wire kit through the massive grommet that ford provides is easy. that's for an ecoboost - if you have a hybrid, you don't even have to go through the firewall.
Sponsored