Sponsored

Kicker key 200.4 and harness ordered...tips?

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I placed the order for a Kicker Key 200.4 and a vehicle specific harness for my 23 Maverick XLT from Plug n Play kits. I also have a set of Morel Maximo 6.5" ready to go in the front doors to replace the factory door speakers. From all of the info I've read this should be all I really want and need as far as improving my base XLT/non B&O sound system. I like the fact that I don't need to run power and ground wires like if I were to add just a sub and amp alone and I can live without the extra bass....just wanted an overall improvement and this seems to match what I'm looking for. Im not looking to replace the rear speakers or tweeters at this time.

Questions....

Ive seen limited info available specifically on Mavericks on what I need to disassemble to install this. Seems like I don't need to take apart the entire center dash with screen and all just the HVAC panel to access the plug I need behind that to add In this setup? Ive watched some YouTube videos and they all seem to be taking the whole center section apart but it seems all Id need is that one area.

I ve seen some folks on here that have made some 3d printed mounts for the key but I don't have access to a 3d printer. What other options have you used to tuck it back in behind the dash or glove box area?

I'd be willing to purchase a printed mount from someone on here if they have the ability to make more.

Any pics and additional tips and tricks would be useful, especially pics. I can figure it out as its not rocket science but just trying to disassemble as little as possible to install and am happy to hear from others experiences and suggestions.

Thanks
Sponsored