First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish I could say I did this myself, but I'm not that handy.
Local stereo shop installed and added the Blackhole sound dampening to help eliminate some vibration from the rear window and then just added more to the back panel, it helped.
I hope you can tell from the pictures that it fits perfectly, with room to spare.
It definitely helps kick up the volume, almost to the max, and it comes with a base knob. which I asked them to add near my USB port.
Heavy duty base for sure, not sure if I will take the next step to replace the speakers to add more clarity, for now, I'm enjoying it 😎

Ford Maverick Kicker Hideaway HS10 installed behind rear seats 9F0CC2E5-F0F7-49B7-A725-E32B79036E7D

Ford Maverick Kicker Hideaway HS10 installed behind rear seats 60F1EACA-1C0E-4CDD-8D08-3A5BC425D24F

Ford Maverick Kicker Hideaway HS10 installed behind rear seats F954F8AC-FA29-4A3C-81DA-90ECA8F72C45

Ford Maverick Kicker Hideaway HS10 installed behind rear seats 5F52F7EC-49F5-4017-9C49-7739CD7A3C81

Ford Maverick Kicker Hideaway HS10 installed behind rear seats 5726E5D0-F3C6-47CF-AEC9-C20F882CB4D6
Sponsored

Last edited:

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So they put that wrap all on the exposed metals parts? Did you hear it before the wrap was on and after to notice a difference?

this is where I want to mount mine. Do you have to push the seat back harder now to get it to lock?
Where did they tap into for signal? Speakers or head unit?

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice, I wonder if you would get less rear window vibration if it were mounted under the driver's seat, or not enough room?

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Curious how much they charged you to install that…. Looks like a (when I was putting the sound deadening on the back I used spray adhesive on my sound deadener (that I pre laid to figure out piece size), then cut speaker box carpet
Nice, I wonder if you would get less rear window vibration if it were mounted under the driver's seat, or not enough room?
would have to mount it vertically on that side (and wouldn’t work because that black box is there on her’s)

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
So they put that wrap all on the exposed metals parts? Did you hear it before the wrap was on and after to notice a difference?

this is where I want to mount mine. Do you have to push the seat back harder now to get it to lock?
I was actually just adding more sound deadening to mine the other day…. If you go back there and tap on the exposed metal, it’s easy to identify which parts can vibrate or resonate (it definitely makes a different even with my 8” hideaway)

Sponsored

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was actually just adding more sound deadening to mine the other day…. If you go back there and tap on the exposed metal, it’s easy to identify which parts can vibrate or resonate (it definitely makes a different even with my 8” hideaway)
Ya I was watching videos on how much it jiggles back there.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the kind of thing I have been looking for! Can you tell us what they charged you?

OP
OP
LadyMav

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I did notice a difference before and after the wrap, much better with it. It doesn’t affect the backseat whatsoever. Regarding the last question, no idea.

OP
OP
LadyMav

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if it would fit or not, I wanted it mounted in the back, I’m very happy with it.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got some 50mil Kilmat left over from when I redid the interior of my 68 Mustang last summer.
Now I'll have a good use for it.

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
would have to mount it vertically on that side (and wouldn’t work because that black box is there on her’s)
No, I wasn't asking if it would fit on the driver's side behind the back seats, but under the front driver's seat itself. That way you could feel the bass right on your buns. For example, here's an install on a Honda Accord, with the seat pushed all the way forward so you can see it:
Ford Maverick Kicker Hideaway HS10 installed behind rear seats ImageUploadedByAG Free1483307488.431313

But I just realized that is the HS10 meaning 10", whereas the ones I had seen before under the seat were the HS8 meaning 8" which appears to be a tiny bit smaller.

HS8 vs HS10:
Width9-3/8"9-7/8"
Height3-1/4"3-3/8"
Depth14-1/4"14-1/2"

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
question for everyone. I was thinking of putting my 1,000w AMP behind the seat and sub's under the seats. Do you think the AMP will overheat?

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Local stereo shop installed and added the Blackhole sound dampening to help eliminate some vibration from the rear window and then just added more to the back panel, it helped.
I hope you can tell from the pictures that it fits perfectly, with room to spare.
It definitely helps kick up the volume, almost to the max, and it comes with a base knob. which I asked them to add near my USB port.
Heavy duty base for sure, not sure if I will take the next step to replace the speakers to add more clarity, for now, I'm enjoying it 😎

9F0CC2E5-F0F7-49B7-A725-E32B79036E7D.jpeg

60F1EACA-1C0E-4CDD-8D08-3A5BC425D24F.jpeg

F954F8AC-FA29-4A3C-81DA-90ECA8F72C45.jpeg

5F52F7EC-49F5-4017-9C49-7739CD7A3C81.jpeg

5726E5D0-F3C6-47CF-AEC9-C20F882CB4D6.jpeg
I love that this truck is so upgradeable. If the stereo stinks upgrade it. If the tires stink - upgrade them. No cruise on XL - replace the steering wheel. It's going to be fun owing this truck

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great thread, and very timely. I actually spent a bit of time pondering and researching this yesterday.

I have a new Kicker Hideaway HS-10 sitting in the box awaiting my Maverick to arrive. Things are coming together as far as my plan to upgrade the audio.
The one thing I haven't finalized yet is whether to mount the HS-10 behind the rear seat as the OP did or under the passenger seat.

I like the accessibility of mounting is behind the seat, any DIP switch or pot change will be easier than having it buried between the seat rails (provided it will fit).
The position behind the seat also facilitates upgrades better too. For instance, if the Kicker fails or I want to upgrade to say, one of the JL Audio microsub boxes powered by a Kicker Key 500.1, there is room to do that and I'll have the wiring in place already.
I cannot tell from the photos whether LadyMav's HS-10 is mounted to the "amp bracket" or if the bracket was removed or flattened somewhat.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good looking install— both the Kicker and the sound deadening material. I can imagine the change in sound is fantastic. 🤩
Sponsored

Last edited: