nubbuchadnezzar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tuscon Hybrid, Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Harrodsburg, KY. We ordered an XLT Lux, AWD, Co-pilot 360, 4K tow, FX4, soft rollup bed cover, sliding rear window, mud flaps, & full size spare, Area 51, from Stuart Powell Ford in Danville 11-26-21. This is to be my wife's truck. When the Ford video guy, Tim, told everyone about the email from Ford mentioning not all MY22 Mavericks being built, I called the Ford customer service 800 number to see if they had any info concerning our Maverick. I got hold of a nice sounding young man in Florida. After looking up our order, he said " I'm sorry, but it looks like your Maverick is not going to be built as a 22 model, because it didn't get scheduled before the order cut-off date January, 27." I said that was the last date they were going to take orders, not the last date they were scheduling builds. He insisted, no that wasn't the case, if we didn't have a scheduled build date and/or a VIN# yet, we would need to put in a new order for a 23 MY, and our original order date would still be in effect. So, my blood pressure went up some. So, I called our sales guy next. A real nice guy who has been with Stuart Powell a long time. I bought a new Miata from him in 2007, and he had been there quite a while then. He couldn't believe it when I told him about the call. I asked him about the Ford email, and of course he hadn't heard about it. He said his sales manager had said something about some 22MY Mavericks were going not going to be built. I asked him about removing the bed cover, and he didn't know if that was a good idea, or not. He said he would talk to the sales manager, and call me right back, which he did in about 10 min. Good salesman. He said we were priority code 10, which is the best a dealer can do. I asked about their allocation, and he said they had allocation when they took my order. I took that to mean they didn't have any now. He said we had 16 Maverick orders ahead of us, and they had delivered 3 or 4 so far. I thought ugh-oh, this doesn't sound too good. So, I talked to my wife about looking for something else. The only other small truck out there at the moment is the Hyundai Santa Cruz. She thought it looked OK, so I looked around the area to see what was available. I found some in Richmond, KY where we had to go anyway on Sunday. Gates Hyundai was closed on Sunday, which is the way I like it. She really liked the Santa Cruz when looking at it in person on a sunny day. Of course, they had a $3500 ADM on the window. So, our Maverick's MSRP was $33050, and the Santa Cruz SEL Premium in sage green she likes would be around $37500 MSRP. The Santa Cruz was a nice looking car though. So I think we will sit on the Maverick order to see if we get a build date this summer. If that doesn't happen, we will buy a Santa Cruz from a dealer that sells them for MSRP. Who knows, if we end up in a recession due to the war in Ukraine and this ever increasing inflation, they might be selling below MSRP like they used to. Man, this post is too long.
I've bought a couple of vehicles from Stuart Powell and I always had a good experience with them. I test drove a Santa Cruz while waiting for a build confirmation on my Mav and I liked it, but I couldn't justify the 40K price tag for a comparable truck with significantly lower gas mileage. I actually got a Tuscon Hybrid for the same price as a Santa Cruz, which IMO is a better vehicle for the price.

I just picked up my Maverick yesterday from Kain Ford (ordered July 27, confirmed by Ford on Aug 2).
Sponsored

Olderthandirt

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Traverse,17 F150,13 Camaro, 22 Ridgeline
Congrats on getting your Maverick. My wife informed me last night, she was going for a Santa Cruz Limited, if we can get one for MSRP. She wants sage green. MSRP is $41,500. I don't know how that's going to play out. We'll see. What trim & color is your Mav. I'll keep a lookout for it when I drive through Versailles. I used to work in Versailles, 1980-2009.

nubbuchadnezzar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tuscon Hybrid, Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on getting your Maverick. My wife informed me last night, she was going for a Santa Cruz Limited, if we can get one for MSRP. She wants sage green. MSRP is $41,500. I don't know how that's going to play out. We'll see. What trim & color is your Mav. I'll keep a lookout for it when I drive through Versailles. I used to work in Versailles, 1980-2009.
I've got an Area 51 XLT.
A Sage Green Santa Cruz was behind me in Nicholasville yesterday. The one I test drove was a nice ride, but the main deterrent was the price.

Olderthandirt

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our ordered Maverick is an XLT Area 51 also. Personally, I think I would prefer she got a Maverick, but she is losing hope of getting hers this year. Where did you get your Tucson, and did you have to pay over MSRP? Speaking of Kain Ford, I called twice to talk about a new Maverick with 2 different salesmen, who said they would speak to the sales manager, and call me right back. The results were crickets, both times. That's when we went Stuart Powell.

greenbeanie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lexington, KY. Went with Jack Kain because they were the most responsive of the dealers I contacted when I was ordering. Area 51 XLT, though if I knew it was more of a school bus yellow, I might have been inclined to go with the cyber orange as an homage to the Subaru Baja I'm replacing. In production 2/14, shipped 3/11, counting down the days 'til it's in the driveway.

Sponsored

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lexington, KY. Went with Jack Kain because they were the most responsive of the dealers I contacted when I was ordering. Area 51 XLT, though if I knew it was more of a school bus yellow, I might have been inclined to go with the cyber orange as an homage to the Subaru Baja I'm replacing. In production 2/14, shipped 3/11, counting down the days 'til it's in the driveway.
Area 51 does not look yellow to me at all. It was my first choice but changed my mind and I'm now waiting on Alto Blue.

Olderthandirt

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think greenbeanie was talking about cyber orange looking more schoolbus yellow than orange.

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

JesTr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally saw my first Mav out in the wild in Frankfort. Talked to the owner and he loved it. Was an Area 51 Eco. Now I've seen one Mav and one Santa Cruz.

Sponsored

greenbeanie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Area 51 arrived Thursday evening, drove through the lot that night to take a gander, and picked it up today. 100 miles on and I'm a happy camper. See y'all out there soon!

Chase_GHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4, C4 Corvette
Shelbyville, Ky here.

I ordered on October 23rd and my truck shipped yesterday. Cactus Gray, Ecoboost XLT, FX4, tow package.

Anyone installed a J&L oil separator on their Ecoboost yet?

Adamwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 19 Honda Monkey, 2008 HD FXDC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Shelbyville, Ky here.

I ordered on October 23rd and my truck shipped yesterday. Cactus Gray, Ecoboost XLT, FX4, tow package.

I'm looking at a few options. Still a little muddy on which one is best. J&L seems to take care of the dirty side which seems to make more sense. Installation looks a lot more involved. Hoping someone on here does it so I can learn from their install.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Shelbyville, Ky here.

I have installed a Buschur Can in my first truck. It’s a nice unit, but little pricey. I am In Production with my second one and am likely going to use the J&L on it.

I can say it appears to be worth doing. I empty about a shot glass of crap at 3,000 mi / 4 mos. of easy driving.
Sponsored