First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would be very pissed if that happened to my brand new ride, but not surprising, after reading other similar stories about the air-bag recall work. If they don't make it right, you should talk to Ford corporate at 800 334-4375 and also the GM at your dealership.
It was one of the managers son that was the mechanic that messed it up.
Sponsored

yamahaSHO

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 07 Jeep CRD, 04 S2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went and looked this morning to see how things were going on my Mav. They got the airbags replaced but the mechanic that was going to do it(and trust) was tied up on another job so they put another young mechanic on it. Greasy finger prints all over headliner and scratches all over top of dash, including two medium size gouges. Service manager looked at it and was PO at mechanic said he was going to do some butt chewing. By time I got back to my other car there was a worker in my Mav.

That sucks and I'd lose my shit. I found dirt/grease on out headliner. I'm sure that the guys removing the plastics thought they needed to wear gloves... Their dirty, greasy gloves.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sucks and I'd lose my shit. I found dirt/grease on out headliner. I'm sure that the guys removing the plastics thought they needed to wear gloves... Their dirty, greasy gloves.
Service manager assured me they’d get it clean. He was really not happy with the mechanic.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We used Randall Ford as they were the closest and Granger wasn't taking any more Maverick orders when I went to pick up my Ranger last year. We have a 24 Hybrid on order from both Randall and Granger. We'll see how much we like the Ecoboost and then switch up if I still want the mileage of the hybrid, which is what we initially ordered last year.

We kinda like the color...

1693321928430.png

1693322214439.png
Nice rides!

I went with the hybrid for several reasons.
Living in these hills where I drive the most, hybrids get unbelievably good mileage.
I've had major trouble with turbos in the past.
My sister-in-law's Prius has been virtually trouble-free for a couple of hundred thousand miles - including the battery and the eCVT (that the Maverick hybrid's eCVT design is borrowed from) The hybrid eCVT was pretty tough in the Escape hybrid Taxis over a decade ago.

True, there have been numerous recalls, etc. with this hybrid Maverick early on, due to parts quality control issues. But I pretty much expected that from Ford, based on the many Fords I've owned in the past. Fortunately, I'm not getting a first year model of this vehicle. And I expect it to last a long time.

yamahaSHO

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Turbo all the things! I've got a couple more turbo vehicles not pictured. Have one apart now, changing some things around.

I would actually like the mileage of the hybrid in our smaller town. We'll have the option to switch though. As a car guy and tuner, I also like having a turbo engine to play with :). This was day 2 with the Maverick...

Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Turbo all the things! I've got a couple more turbo vehicles not pictured. Have one apart now, changing some things around.

I would actually like the mileage of the hybrid in our smaller town. We'll have the option to switch though. As a car guy and tuner, I also like having a turbo engine to play with :). This was day 2 with the Maverick...

Lotsa toys it looks like. I plan to play with hypermiling here in da Ozark hills, when I get the hybrid soon! I ordered it at Whitson-Morgan at Ozark.

How ya like that type of window unit A/C?

yamahaSHO

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the A/C unit. It's quiet, pretty efficient, app controlled, and it's consistently spitting out 30F colder than ambient. I actually have two of them. I picked up those and put the insulation on the door just before it got hot so I could use this building when it got hot. It's all a temporary setup as we're going to build a house with a much bigger garage space.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I like the A/C unit. It's quiet, pretty efficient, app controlled, and it's consistently spitting out 30F colder than ambient. I actually have two of them. I picked up those and put the insulation on the door just before it got hot so I could use this building when it got hot. It's all a temporary setup as we're going to build a house with a much bigger garage space.
đź‘Ť

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

...I would actually like the mileage of the hybrid in our smaller town. We'll have the option to switch though. As a car guy and tuner, I also like having a turbo engine to play with :)...
I totally understand! I picked up my Hybrid last week at Whitson-Morgan in Ozark. No ADMs and OTD cheaper than MSRP back on the day I ordered it on 9/15/22.

I am still on the first tank o' gas, but so far, it's been fun playing with the different drive modes and how they affect MPGs. Kind of like trying to get a higher score on a game.

Sponsored

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Howdy Ozark beard,
have you played in the snow yet with the Maverick? It hasn’t reached here yet, but as soon as it does, I’m going to our old mall and get reacquainted. I did make it up into the Ozarks with the wife for the fall colors, didn’t get over as far as your neck of the woods though so didn’t get to see any elk. Hope you’re enjoying your Mav and stay safe.

Mike

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Howdy Ozark beard,
have you played in the snow yet with the Maverick? It hasn’t reached here yet, but as soon as it does, I’m going to our old mall and get reacquainted. I did make it up into the Ozarks with the wife for the fall colors, didn’t get over as far as your neck of the woods though so didn’t get to see any elk. Hope you’re enjoying your Mav and stay safe.

Mike
I put Falken WildPeak A/T Trail tires on it and it does great in the snow. Actually better than my Subaru Impreza did - mainly because the wildpeaks are so much better in snow than the all-season radials that were on the Subie. I was afraid I would have problems with it only being FWD, but I had no trouble getting around in the snow.

We're supposed to get snow again tomorrow. But it's gonna be so stupid cold, I'm not getting out in it for any reason, except an emergency!

Enjoy the mall parking lot after the white stuff comes down. And bundle up. I know it's going to be cold over your way too.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I put Falken WildPeak A/T Trail tires on it and it does great in the snow. Actually better than my Subaru Impreza did - mainly because the wildpeaks are so much better in snow than the all-season radials that were on the Subie. I was afraid I would have problems with it only being FWD, but I had no trouble getting around in the snow.

We're supposed to get snow again tomorrow. But it's gonna be so stupid cold, I'm not getting out in it for any reason, except an emergency!

Enjoy the mall parking lot after the white stuff comes down. And bundle up. I know it's going to be cold over your way too.
Looks like I’ll be running the stock Michelins for a couple more years I’d just checked them earlier today and the tread is at 5.5-6.0 and new they were 8.5 so about 1/2 way through their life which so far they’ve got 29K miles. So I’m good for another 30k. If I did a lot of off roading or we got a lot of snow and ice I’d switch them out earlier.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Looks like I’ll be running the stock Michelins for a couple more years I’d just checked them earlier today and the tread is at 5.5-6.0 and new they were 8.5 so about 1/2 way through their life which so far they’ve got 29K miles. So I’m good for another 30k. If I did a lot of off roading or we got a lot of snow and ice I’d switch them out earlier.
Mine came with Contis and I knew they would not hold up on my gravel road. So I got more suitable tires before I had many miles on the OEMs..

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine came with Contis and I knew they would not hold up on my gravel road. So I got more suitable tires before I had many miles on the OEMs..
Only time I hit the gravel roads is when I go up to the farm in Imboden and I don’t do that as much as I used to.
Sponsored