Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know Buschur has developed their catch can but I've also heard JLT Performance will be releasing one soon.

I've been watching a lot of videos and reading a lot about catch cans and direct inject systems and while I know it's still a hot topic of debate I'm definitely leaning towards picking one up for my truck. Not sure which one I'll get but good to have options.

If you're still on the fence there's lot of good info out there but the more I learned about high end cars that come with factory separators the more I think it's a good idea for my low end truck. Especially considering i plan to keep it for 10+ years.
Sponsored

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be making some too when the weather warms up. Silly truck won't fit in my garage

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have ordered the universal can from mountune. Personally like the look better

Sponsored

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Pax side to the air inlet piping and valve cover vent, drivers goes to the crankcase vent and lower intake plenum. Base motor runs 2 systems, catching nasties in both cans.......

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pax side to the air inlet piping and valve cover vent, drivers goes to the crankcase vent and lower intake plenum. Base motor runs 2 systems, catching nasties in both cans.......
Gonna just stick w one for now prob. Idk. Have any pics of where the drivers side goes? Pm me is fine

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sure, I will hit ya with a pm on how I did mine, in respect to the OP here is a JLT video on a 2.0 ecoboost install where they bust the intake loose for access, (I did not).

JLT builds good stuff too, lots of good choices out there

2.0 eb install

Last edited:
Sponsored

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks! Yep I am getting about the same on both, maybe a touch more on drivers. I would have used what I had on the shelf too!! But the cupboard was bare....

I have a check valve on the way from UPR for the drivers side, intake pressure seems to be overwhelming the mountune seals a bit, no leaks just odors after I put her in the garage at days end.

Reactions: JJC

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know Buschur has developed their catch can but I've also heard JLT Performance will be releasing one soon.

I've been watching a lot of videos and reading a lot about catch cans and direct inject systems and while I know it's still a hot topic of debate I'm definitely leaning towards picking one up for my truck. Not sure which one I'll get but good to have options.

If you're still on the fence there's lot of good info out there but the more I learned about high end cars that come with factory separators the more I think it's a good idea for my low end truck. Especially considering i plan to keep it for 10+ years.
I haven't heard of stock vehicles with catch cans before, do you remember any examples?

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't heard of stock vehicles with catch cans before, do you remember any examples?
Mostly on German cars I believe, search "oil separator". I think some high performance cars also have them.
Sponsored